New Schmuck in need of advice

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

You too huh?  ;)

Goddam myopic piece of electronic junk!  :angry:

LOL! The last time I used Ravens in CMBS, I noticed that the ability to spot infantry seemed to be directly related to "point" vs "linear" or "area." If the drone is on "point," it circles in one small area, which increases the likelihood of detection (unless it's within range of a Tunguska). This was in the Rollin' on the River scenario on Elite setting. I had no trouble seeing Russian infantry or scouts in the woods until ....

Ha! I was wondering how long it would take those 60 seconds to pop up as an example of how not to do things.

My own fault entirely for not covering the basics- one scout team out on that flank and I would have heard it coming and not been caught with my pants down.

But that's combat mission: make mistakes, get punished. The trick is learning from it. You can be damn sure that's never gonna happen to me again.

1 hour ago, Hapless said:

Ha! I was wondering how long it would take those 60 seconds to pop up as an example of how not to do things.

My own fault entirely for not covering the basics- one scout team out on that flank and I would have heard it coming and not been caught with my pants down.

But that's combat mission: make mistakes, get punished. The trick is learning from it. You can be damn sure that's never gonna happen to me again.

That minute traumatised me - I haven’t been able to watch a newer one. You should have put a warning about the graphic content... 

I like  @Hapless reaction to the mayhem, settling with "hmm, interesting..."

Thank God I'm not a Youtuber, I would have screamed my head off with profanities. Will check out more of his stuff on YT though.

Yes, the charm with CM, "live and learn", or "die and learn". 

"Fail again, fail better" is sort of a motto for me. Only way to improve your game, especially when taking on human oppos in scenarios never played before.