HQS 3.0 SOUND MOD for CMSF2 (+)

Erwin

Still not working.  

Am also a bit dubious at downloading the big winter mod that is now at CMMODS since it links to a Russian site.  Aside from the fact it's hard to figure out how to d/l from that site (since it's all in Russian) am nervous about getting anything from a Russian site that could be contaminated with heaven knows what. 

Not meaning to be insulting, but these days we have to be very careful what we download and from where.

11 hours ago, aleader said:

Yah, I wouldn't download that either.  Odd that it's still sitting there unavailable.  The author is often on this site isn't he?  I don't see any mention of it in the mods thread.

Well his last visit was 16 months ago so I guess it depends on your definition of 'often'.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 9:59 PM, Battlefront.com said:

I suppose someone could defend a Nazi entering a Synagogue on the anniversary of Krystal Nacht and saying "don't you think you Jews deserved what you got?" was just using the Socratic method for sparking a productive discussion.  I think most would disagree.

You are called a Troll because you are a Troll.  You are also now banned because, as Trolls are often prone to doing, you continue to think rules do not apply to you.  Nor warnings, or even second warnings.

I'm sure you'll be back by ducking the ban on your current account.  Since Trolls are motivated by pissing people off, it's to be expected you'll want to keep it up.  Fortunately Trolls returning to cause problems are easily spotted and rebanned.  So why bother?  Is your life so empty of meaning that you have nothing better to do with your time than come back here?  All you'll do is prove, again, that you are a Troll.

Steve

This is Steve's post which ended in him being barred in 2016.

Lovely - the optional links for HQS 3.0 Sounds work.  :)

Problemo:  when exploding the Part 2 rar it froze - error message "HQS 3.0\voices\Bundeswehr\german panic 12.wav" File is broken.

However, many of the same sound files are duplicated in Part 1 - including the above broken one.  So, when I accidentally copied Part 1 over Part 2 the problem was solved and the above file works.

Not sure why so many files are duplicated in Parts 1 and 2.  Hope they are not for different games as the SOUNDS folder seems to combine what one needs for both (Syrian) CMSF and (Ukrainian) CMBS.

Edited by Erwin

7 hours ago, Combatintman said:

Well his last visit was 16 months ago so I guess it depends on your definition of 'often'.

This is Steve's post which ended in him being barred in 2016.

News to me.  Just know his name from my past visits and from his mods...I don't spend all my time on here either.

Edited by aleader

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

Lovely - the optional links for HQS 3.0 Sounds work.  :)

Problemo:  when exploding the Part 2 rar it froze - error message "HQS 3.0\voices\Bundeswehr\german panic 12.wav" File is broken.

However, many of the same sound files are duplicated in Part 1 - including the above broken one.  So, when I accidentally copied Part 1 over Part 2 the problem was solved and the above file works.

Not sure why so many files are duplicated in Parts 1 and 2.  Hope they are not for different games as the SOUNDS folder seems to combine what one needs for both (Syrian) CMSF and (Ukrainian) CMBS.

Good to know.  I'll try it too and see what happens.  EDIT:  The drop box link is up now too.

Edited by aleader

• 2 months later...

It requires 3 large downloaded.  But, I got error messages when unpacking and when I figured out how to finally accomplish that, many files in the 3 large downloads seem to be duplicates.  Haven't had time to compare and see if they are identical files or options.  There is no readme that explains...

6 hours ago, Erwin said:

It requires 3 large downloaded.  But, I got error messages when unpacking and when I figured out how to finally accomplish that, many files in the 3 large downloads seem to be duplicates.  Haven't had time to compare and see if they are identical files or options.  There is no readme that explains...

It only requires one download... he just gave three links in case one of them goes down or gets overwhelmed.

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

Hope that is true.  But, they are called Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.  Confusing.   

I didn't realize that it was three parts. I just copied and pasted one of the links into my browser. Do we really need to DL all three?

2 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

I didn't realize that it was three parts. I just copied and pasted one of the links into my browser. Do we really need to DL all three?

No, I just checked, Erwin is mistaken.

The first link goes to a rar file called HQS3.1.

The other two links go to rar files called CMA Ambient & CMBS Ambient.

I'm always on the look out for more background sounds, so I'm happy I checked.

12 hours ago, Erwin said:

Oh wait, just realized you are talking for modern games like CMSF etc.   I was talking about WW2 CMRT etc.  That HQS sound mod is confusingly in 3 parts.  

Well this IS the CMSF2 forum.

I've not got the WW2 3.1 but, if it's anything like 2.4, you need to download all parts & put them in the same location but, as they are a .ar package., you only need to unzip part 1. The bits & bobs from the other parts will be unzipped automatically along with it.