Minor visual Obdervations

Hi,

first I have to say that I really like the look of CMSF2. The new soldier-models are looking cool.

I only saw some minor things (and I don't know if some of these are intentionally):

- the germans and syrians have no chin straps

- the pistol holster of the syrian tank crews are in a strange postion

Greetings, alex

14 hours ago, Erwin said:

If players load mods from CMSF1 please list what works and does not work here.  That would greatly speed up determining which mods are still usable.

All Kieme's Hi-res Terrain & buildings work (though don't bother with his Doodads). All the special effects, menu screens & sounds also work.

Edited by 37mm

Rule of thumb: If it works in BS, RT, FI, FB, or BN it's gonna work in SF2. If it's a uniform, vehicle, or face texture it won't work or won't work correctly because all the models have been changed

Mord.

14 hours ago, 37mm said:

All Kieme's Hi-res Terrain & buildings work (though don't bother with his Doodads).

The doodads will work but you have to rename some of them, like brush.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

18 hours ago, 37mm said:

All Kieme's Hi-res Terrain & buildings work (though don't bother with his Doodads). All the special effects, menu screens & sounds also work.

His buildindgs work, but not all aspects. I am away from pc for a week, but my faint recollection is the roof mods don’t show. 

I never played the first SF so unsure whether intended or whether others would counts this as a minor visual obdervation. But anyway the weapon icons for the L85A2's in the British Infantry appear to differentiate between two types, a weapon with an optical sight from a weapon with just a iron sight. But these in the 3D world seem to instead differentiate a weapon with ACOG from a weapon with SUSAT. Maybe this is actually intended as I imagine could be too hard to differentiate the two icons apart if they both showed the two optical sights upon them, the optical sight from the iron sight stands out more.

1 hour ago, AlexUK said:

Nearby Trees option off is showing the other trees without leaves. Playing on a Mac.

You cycle through settings for trees. First cycle is no leaves, then no trees.

Mord.

7 minutes ago, Mord said:

You cycle through settings for trees. First cycle is no leaves, then no trees.

Mord.

Oh, so we've lost the option for hiding near trees only, the rest of the trees keeping their foliage? I preferred that to the new version. Could we have the old version added to the cycle?