Shock Force 2 Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Mord

Now that really looks like my cup of tea.....Bashir al Squarehead is on standby should he be called upon by his nation.  :P

We do think in very similar ways my friend and now we have the tools to make 'that map' come alive.....All praise be to the mighty @LongLeftFlankB)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

15 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Bashir al Squarehead is on standby should he be called upon by his nation.  :P

All praise be to the mighty @LongLeftFlankB)

@Pete Wenman's squalor mod on a modified @LongLeftFlank's Ramadi map looks very cool.  Should go to Beta in a few weeks my friend.  I'll let you know.  

1 hour ago, MOS:96B2P said:

+1    @IICptMillerII Wow!! What hit it?

Sabot from an Abrams. At just under 1000 meters, and hitting the T-72M1 in the side like that, the sabot was probably still moving close to muzzle velocity after exiting the T-72. Caused the infamous ammo carousel explosion, sending the turret into space and contributing another satellite to the Soviet space program 🤣

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I've been quietly playing with Bishr.  :ph34r:

DRg96va.jpg

Discovered I'm not very good at bridges!  ;)

Next up, elevation clusters.....Quite a few of those fellas to work out, then buildings (oh the joy of buildings).  :rolleyes:

Where can I get this map? Just by looking at the screenshot, I just envision a scenario (rescue type) with the Marines in the middle of the night, rescuing people from the US Consulate.

I just want to emphasize that this is not my original work, I dearly wish I knew who made it in the first instance so that I could credit them.

I found Bishr at the repository a long time ago, but was too daunted by it to do much with it (also the CM:SF1 Red Occupy issue).....If you want I'll put a copy of the original in a Dropbox folder and ping you a PM with a link to it, you'll have to replace the sea & do your own bridges etc. though.

Optionally you can wait for my version, but it will be a little while coming.....Discovered I'm not very good at marshes either!  ;)

PS - This is the only link that I can find to the original in this forum:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

3 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I've been quietly playing with Bishr.  :ph34r:

DRg96va.jpg

Discovered I'm not very good at bridges!  ;)

Next up, elevation clusters.....Quite a few of those fellas to work out, then buildings (oh the joy of buildings).  :rolleyes:

What's the bridge and marsh drama? Bridges can be tricky but generally it is just a case of getting solid anchor points and making sure you use ditch lock for the elevation. Marshes should be dead easy unless you're using them around water (which granted is generally where marshes hang out) because then you get the water elevation issue coming into play. Should just be a case of jiggering around with the elevations.

Reference the map - I think I remember this one, it has heaps of flavour objects which really drag out the load time and I seem to recall that it needs a lot or work on conjoining walls - which I know you just love ;)

1 hour ago, Combatintman said:

What's the bridge and marsh drama?

Time, as ever mate.....You would not believe how long it took me get two out of three (still one to do further inland) looking half decent.  The existence of functional bridges requires you to mess with the contours in the vicinity and, well, you know how it is.....One thing leads to another!  ;)

The Flavour Object total is pretty low by my usual standards, but I won't be going too mental with them on the Master Map; streetlights, telegraph poles and a few signposts should do the job.....Once I write some scenarios on smaller chunks of it things will be different, for my usual nefarious reasons.  :ph34r:

Similarly while this one has quite a few complex structures, it's nothing compared to the more mental areas of Ramadi & Mosul, most of the buildings are singles, I probably won't even tweak them. 

I give you a marsh with water (WooYay!  :P ).....The sum total of my nights effort:

9ifDGQh.jpg

PS - Yes I know this isn't very exciting for the rest of you compared to tanks blowing up and stuff, but I'm quite pleased with it and on a purely technical level it is something we never had before.  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

4 hours ago, Mord said:

Dialing in the Reshade and messing with filters and camera angles for screenie taking.

Wow that blurred background that makes it look like a camera took the picture is really nice.

I personally don't like all this yucky colour filtering that people are using reshade for  - heck I don't like movie mode (yes, I like the true to life colours from CMBN :-). Is it possible to use reshade to get the depth of field effect without messing with the colour rendering?

5 minutes ago, IanL said:

I personally don't like all this yucky colour filtering that people are using reshade for

You didn't like the color in my pics? Heretic!

5 minutes ago, IanL said:

Is it possible to use reshade to get the depth of field effect without messing with the colour rendering? 

I don't know. I just found out how to make that M%$#@&^  F%$#@^@ camera stop spinning! I am pretty sure HerrTom mentioned that once upon a time, though.

Mord.

Edited by Mord