Shock Force 2 Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Mord

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:57 PM, sburke said:

Sadr City - a map in the works.  Nowhere near as nicely detailed as LLF's Ramadi map, but intended more as a master map to be cut up and used as needed.

Sadr City.jpg

I was gonna say, if you want me to secure that thing, I'll need a little more than the 72 minutes it took me to do The Hornet's Nest.

2 hours ago, 37mm said:

A quick, little skirmish...  

+1    Entertaining video.  The narrative really helps to explain what is going on.  Without the bigger picture provided by the narrative it would mostly be just some running and gunning.  I cheered when the QRF arrived!! :)  Good job.  

A long time ago, I made a video series detailing the Task Force Thunder campaign.

When Shock Force 2 was announced, I put the series on hold to wait for the new game to come out.

That took quite a bit longer than everyone expected.

But now, we can finally go back to the well, and start down the road to Hims once again.

It almost feels like coming home...

That's a great shot @HerrTomB)

Pretty sure that's the map that I had started to convert for my 'Ottoman Dawn' concept (from NATO campaign).....Intrigued to see what the new game's done with the buildings, it was a nightmare of internal windows and non-routable doors in the original.

Guess I should probably install it.  ;)

EDIT - Done.....Damn that was easy!   :)

Bravo to Steve & Co. (Is there an '& Co.' at the moment?) for streamlining the process.....Still had to create my own activation shortcut though, that has never ever worked for me without making my own.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Ashsh al-Dababir appears to work in CM:SF2:

gQDW7Kl.jpg

I need to look in the editor and check some stuff out, but I have a feeling I may owe @sburke, @IanL & above all @Battlefront.com a round of drinks!  :D

You sure as **** don't get this sort of consideration from Steam!  ;)

EDIT: OK, so I looked in the editor and I now have more questions than answers.....What's going on with the 'Dismounted' option for vehicles?  While Ashsh Al-Dababir does indeed appear to work (down to the smallest detail) for CM:SF2, right now I don't have the first clue how I made it or how I would make more!  :o

PS - Actually, yes I do, assuming I'm not missing something here, CM:SF1 may have a new role as a 'Core Unit File' assembly system for CM:SF2.....Put ISIS in their Humvees in the first game, then blow them to tiny pieces in the second!  :P

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

12 hours ago, HerrTom said:

rodwzaD.png

I forgot how insane the MK 20 RH-202 was... Each Marder is practically a Shilka Lite!  Makes those "preserve" objectives very hard when your autocannon fire rips floors apart with ease!

'Preserve' objectives are for wussies. I say "BRAAP" "BRAAAP" "BRRRAAAPPP!!!" all you want.

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

EDIT: OK, so I looked in the editor and I now have more questions than answers.....What's going on with the 'Dismounted' option for vehicles?  While Ashsh Al-Dababir does indeed appear to work (down to the smallest detail) for CM:SF2, right now I don't have the first clue how I made it or how I would make more! 

Yeah things are not quite any of: exactly the same as v1 or the same as BS or tweaked in a way that lets you do the stuff you want easily. You might have to find a new happy path that is a bit different from v1. There are limitations on how many changes could be made without having negative effects on v1 compatibility or large amounts of work for non core functionality.

I think if you come at the problem from a what can the v2 game that I have now do - you will likely find a way to get most of what you want. It will be like starting over and making different compromises. Start a thread with some specific stuff you are trying to do and see if others can pitch in suggest alternatives - I'll make sure I monitor.

2 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

CM:SF1 may have a new role as a 'Core Unit File' assembly system for CM:SF2.....Put ISIS in their Humvees in the first game, then blow them to tiny pieces in the second!  :P  

This is interesting.  Might not un-install CMSF1 after all.  Not sure if it can be made to work once the scenario starts ................ but it is worth looking into.  This is why I asked you the question in the other thread about switching vehicle crews.  I couldn't get it to work the same as in CMSF1 but it was present on maps that I copied from CMSF1 and put into CMSF2.   

2 hours ago, General Jack Ripper said:

'Preserve' objectives are for wussies. I say "BRAAP" "BRAAAP" "BRRRAAAPPP!!!" all you want.

That's so not true dude, you were much kinder to Mosul than I thought possible.....Now @borg on the other hand!  :P

PM inbound.  ;)

13 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Not sure if it can be made to work once the scenario starts

It does.  B)

I am a very, very happy rabbit!  :D

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Sadly in the process of discovering the above, I discovered that my AV hates CM:SF2, just like it hates every other BfC product and patch!  It's been told it can't do anything about them, so it can't delete any files, instead it throws a tantrum and locks my PC up until I hit (and hold) the power!  :(

My multi-year conversation with Webroot tech-support resumes.....Sad because they thought they'd found a fix (other than whitelisting).  :rolleyes:

On a brighter note, here's ISIS, in Humvees, in CM:SF2 (they were put there in CM:SF1):

e7eUdFz.jpg

The file's here if you want to look at it:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdaj5m6qclvicud/ISIS Patrol Test.btt?dl=0

It's exactly the same one I created before, imported and apparently functional in CM:SF2.....But you can only create it in the OLD editor.  :wacko: 

If you try in the new editor you are (apparently based on experiments so far) stuck with the US Supply Platoon HQ in Vehicle 1, he can't be dismounted with the editor toggle and thus cannot be separately set to a non-appearing reinforcement slot, as seen above (Unused US Unit is the Supply Platoon HQ).  :unsure:

Like I said elsewhere, it's all a bit odd, but odd's good!   :D

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead