Shock Force 2 Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Mord

18 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

+1  Very, very cool.  You should post this at grogheads and maybe other places to advertise CM.  

Cheers bud. It's a nice idea but I've got to be careful with that. Each vid I make with a soundtrack from a well know artist already flags as a copyright claim. That's no big deal as the owners of the rights can either monetise or ban the vid in some countries. Sometimes they do nothing and I've had all 3 outcomes.

With this vid though I've also copied the style of the music video and if it was used to advertise a product I could end up with a copyright strike which is a bit more serious. It's why this vid is unlisted on my YT channel so that it can only be seen by clicking the link here and over at the FGM.

20 hours ago, Josey Wales said:

The other day I heard the Beastie Boys' track Sabotage which I haven't heard for years and I thought to myself 'that would be a good accompanying track to a Shock Force 2 montage'. So I took some inspiration from the track's video and put this together. See what you think.

Pure. Genius. Frikking awesome. If only you could make some pixeltruppen slide across the hood of an Abrams (like in the Sabotage video) :)

BFC should license the music and make this a promo trailer.

Just now, rocketman said:

Pure. Genius. Frikking awesome. If only you could make some pixeltruppen slide across the hood of an Abrams (like in the Sabotage video) :)

BFC should license the music and make this a promo trailer.

Ha yessss!

and

yes either this or something by AC/DC

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:04 PM, Josey Wales said:

It's a nice idea but I've got to be careful with that. Each vid I make with a soundtrack from a well know artist already flags as a copyright claim. That's no big deal as the owners of the rights can either monetise or ban the vid in some countries. Sometimes they do nothing and I've had all 3 outcomes.

Indeed. You don't want to give YouTube an excuse to nuke your channel. Even a single infraction will place hard limits on your ability to upload.

Almost another week without a post here? Can't have that.

On 5/12/2019 at 9:42 AM, 37mm said:

A pleasant enough scrap...

... however any budding scenario makers might want to consider giving it an update (assuming "Steve-O" is no longer active).

Happened to be perusing the thread and saw this.  I looked at the video before I even read anything on the post and thought to myself "this looks vaguely familiar".  Well I built this little scenario so it should look familar!

37mm I am glad you had fun with this mission I made......I don't remember how long ago.  I currently do not have CMSF2 but maybe I'll get it and try to update it.  You are right, I am not really active here any more, I do lurk often for cool new stuff like this!

Steve

8 hours ago, SD Smack said:

Happened to be perusing the thread and saw this.  I looked at the video before I even read anything on the post and thought to myself "this looks vaguely familiar".  Well I built this little scenario so it should look familar!

37mm I am glad you had fun with this mission I made......I don't remember how long ago.  I currently do not have CMSF2 but maybe I'll get it and try to update it.  You are right, I am not really active here any more, I do lurk often for cool new stuff like this!

Steve

I've been surprised at how well the older scenarios still hold up. Other than replacing Marsh with proper water, like I did for the video, the only other additions I would suggest would be something to help out the BMP's (who are, after all, lying in wait)... making sure that they're manned with at least 3 men, an exp boost, TRP's etc.

One or more of those, some harrasing mortar fire (by a spy FO?) & some foxholes near the bridge would be more than enough.

PS

I don't know if you're aware but you can update to CMSF2 for as little as $15.