Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Quick Battle Maps are very well along.  No QB Map shipped in CMSF2 is an untouched hold over from CMSF1.  And there are a LOT OF THEM

Update greatly appreciated. I'm firmly in the "I have so much CM to keep me busy, release dates don't matter" but I will gladly hoover up all the new stuff as you finish it. 😉

CMSF 2 Upgrade "Big Bundle" ... Purchased, Download, Installed, Follow instructions to Activate and Get Some 😀!  Seamless....👍 another Happy Holidays from Battlefront.  Thank you Battl

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Mesquite55 said:

   Yeah, I figured out that it wants a key for SF 1. Trouble is I don't have one. In the past I was told to just install SF1 and then a module with it's key and it would work.  Problem is it doesn't work now.  Still waiting to hear from  John.

 

20 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

The Help Desk and your Store account are totally separate systems.  Longins for one don't have anything to do with logins for the other.

I already passed along your info to John and he'll help sort this out for you.  Personal info from you is probably needed to move things along and that is definitely nothing that should be done here in public. In fact, I removed your email address from your last post.

We operate on US EST time zone so you'll get a response sometime tomorrow, but for sure I see a problem.   You have not entered your original CMSF1 Base Game license key.  See where it says "Main Game v2"?  You should also see "Main Game v1" if the license was entered.  Remember, the 3 Module Bundle is only the Modules, so you must also have a Base Game key.  Again, John will help sort that out for you tomorrow.

Steve

Still haven't heard from John. Still can't play the game. I wish there was another way to get some help here. The ticket system isn't working for me for some reason and I appear to be on a back burner or something seeing as how so many others seem to get almost immediate help.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mesquite55 said:

 

Still haven't heard from John. Still can't play the game. I wish there was another way to get some help here. The ticket system isn't working for me for some reason and I appear to be on a back burner or something seeing as how so many others seem to get almost immediate help.

 

dang I thought you were done.  PM steve, he may not see an item on a thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

Digital download is currently the only shipping option for the discounted upgrades. That's one of the reasons BFC is selling it us previous owners for so little. Maybe BFC can ship a disc to someone with really slow or no internet if that's the case. I'm also pretty sure that the "upgrade" is probably only offered by BFC.

 

Hm, your statement at least does not match with the present upgrade-store, where you can select between 4 delivery options for different prices.

In fact, I bought the base-game of CMSF ONE from a reseller. That does not mean, that I assume that CMSF TWO was available from any resellers too. But on the contrary I am currently trying to figure out all the requirements and opportunities to upgrade my complete CMSF ONE products here at BF.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A tad frustrated myself. Purchased CMSF2 Marines bundle. It installed although I did get an error during the installation. Open the icon on my desktop to play and for a split second it appears to open and then nothing. Looked in the folder and the 'Data' file is empty. I installed CMSF2 demo last week and it runs great have been playing it.

Screenshot (254).png

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ljclives said:

A tad frustrated myself. Purchased CMSF2 Marines bundle. It installed although I did get an error during the installation. Open the icon on my desktop to play and for a split second it appears to open and then nothing. Looked in the folder and the 'Data' file is empty. I installed CMSF2 demo last week and it runs great have been playing it.

Screenshot (254).png

The install will be done on C:\  by default  C:\Program files(x86) \ Battlefront \ combat Mission Shock Force 2

Check that it is there and that the Data folder(in which are the Brz files) has been copied in it. If not you must do again the install

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ljclives said:

A tad frustrated myself. Purchased CMSF2 Marines bundle. It installed although I did get an error during the installation. Open the icon on my desktop to play and for a split second it appears to open and then nothing. Looked in the folder and the 'Data' file is empty. I installed CMSF2 demo last week and it runs great have been playing it.

Screenshot (254).png

Just to be clear, the screenshot you are showing is the archive for the installer. You need to unzip that into a folder and run the installer just in case you have not done that. Next question did you purchase the upgrade or the regular bundle?  For the upgrade you’ll need your original CMSF 1 activation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, zard0z said:

 

Hm, your statement at least does not match with the present upgrade-store, where you can select between 4 delivery options for different prices.

In fact, I bought the base-game of CMSF ONE from a reseller. That does not mean, that I assume that CMSF TWO was available from any resellers too. But on the contrary I am currently trying to figure out all the requirements and opportunities to upgrade my complete CMSF ONE products here at BF.

You note that you bought the base game, but didn’t specify which of the cmsf1 modules you own.  If only the base game you would purchase the base game upgrade then go to the CMSF2 games section to purchase modules. There is a 3 module bundle I believe. If you have a problem with your CMSF base game activation key contact the help desk they can sort you out on that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Maxno said:

You did it again, Battlefront, thank you for the great game!

In case this one hasn't been reported yet, in "Canadian Club" every blue side soldier is green/+2 morale.

Well they aren’t trained and they’ve been hitting the bottle (hence the title) 😂 too drunk to be scared and too drunk to shoot straight. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, sburke said:

You note that you bought the base game, but didn’t specify which of the cmsf1 modules you own.  If only the base game you would purchase the base game upgrade then go to the CMSF2 games section to purchase modules. There is a 3 module bundle I believe. If you have a problem with your CMSF base game activation key contact the help desk they can sort you out on that. 

I have never owned CMSF1 is that my problem? I have many of the other CM games but am a newbie to CMSF and just purchased CMSF2 Marine bundle for the first time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ljclives said:

 

I have never owned CMSF1 is that my problem? I have many of the other CM games but am a newbie to CMSF and just purchased CMSF2 Marine bundle for the first time.

Not necessarily. If you bought the Marines bundle from the game section then no, if you bought the upgrade then you wouldn’t be able to activate. I don’t think that is the issue you have so I’ll assume you bought the regular CMSF2 marine bundle. 

Next step is you need to take the download file and put it somewhere in its own folder. The avoids you having an issue with the installer grabbing any other files inadvertently. Unzip the contents into this folder then launch the installer. Do not launch from inside the archived file, it won’t work.  Follow the instructions on the installation and you should be good to go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, melm said:

How long does the order "process" to finally get "complete"?

Not sure but all you really care about is when do you get your email 😏 check your spam folder just in case. I processed an order in under 10 minutes. Are you in the US? That may have an impact on credit processing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sburke said:

Not sure but all you really care about is when do you get your email 😏 check your spam folder just in case. I processed an order in under 10 minutes. Are you in the US? That may have an impact on credit processing. 

My bad. I didn't check the email but only the order status on the website. Yes, now I saw the download link in email although the website status is still "processing". I am going to download the file. Thanks.😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, HunterGathers said:

So it shows all the campaigns in the game, are they all playable?

Yes, I just checked the CMSF2 NATO campaigns ( Dutch, German, and Canadian), and the British campaign, and they are all playable. They just don't appear to be up to graphics standard, and probably balance, of the U.S. And Marine standards.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...