CMSF2 Release Update

Sorry to add to the issues.  I have bought the upgrade.  I used the activation code from my original purchase of Shock Force 1 complete bundle.  It seems to have unlocked the base game and modules as the below picture shows, but .....

Screenshot_2018-12-04_at_22_31.29_74.thumb.png.3e1cab8ac84c18b2deb12cc8301ff17f.png

..... then i get this message when trying to run the game.  Can someone help me?  Many thanks.  A.  :)

78754941_Screenshot2018-12-04at22_25_45.thumb.png.6d266ea6220d062935943d8885362f27.png

Screenshot_2018-12-04_at_22.31.29_74.pdf

I just posted this over at Grogheads.com but I figured it might be helpful here as well:

I just bought the big bundle upgrade and activated it without any issue. 

I'll try to be thorough here. 

I own Shock Force 1, the Marine Module, the NATO module, and the British module. I purchased them all online from the BFC website a few years back.

I purchased the $35 USD big bundle upgrade, and received and activation key and a download link via email. 

I downloaded Shock Force 2 via the download link (I'm running Windows 10)

After it had downloaded I extracted the zip file using 7zip to my desktop. From there I ran the installer. 

After installing the game, I used the 'Activate Product' shortcut, which brought up the activation window. I copied the license key provided in the email for the purchase of the big bundle (the upgrade for $35 USD) and hit activate. It activated successfully.  (BFC Note... CptMiller had a CMSF2 key as a thanks for his video work.  CMSF2 keys, from brand new purchases, do not require old CMSF1 keys like the Upgrades normally require)

Then I launched Shock Force 2, and everything was activated and running. I scrolled through all of the individual scenario's to ensure that all the modules were activated, and I started the US Army campaign to insure I could actually start a battle. I believe I am good to go at this point. 

Unfortunately I do not know if/how this process is different if you did not purchase SF1 online or if you only have the base game and a single module. I can only speak from my own experience. Hopefully this helps those of you having some difficulty. If not, and you are really stuck, try the support desk. I've personally had to use the support desk on a few occasions, and every time they were exceptional in their service. One of the times occurred over Christmas, and I was very surprised to get a response on Christmas Day from the support desk to help resolve my issue, which was resolved in a matter of hours.

Up and running, had to go through the same process as CptMiller above.  Keyed in all my keys including the patch 2.0 and now everything is up and running.  CMSF2 with the latest engine updates is lots of fun.  After playing around a bit I'll have to find some online opponents.  Hopefully the 4.0 patches will be out soon for the other titles. as well.

Hi, good to know that CMSF2 is available. Strangely enough, I don't see an upgrade option on it's store page. I see everything else but for the upgrade.

I just searched CMSF 2 upgrade and it took me to a page where I can order it. But it does not show on the games page.

Edited by z1812

1 hour ago, z1812 said:

Hi, good to know that CMSF2 is available. Strangely enough, I don't see an upgrade option on it's store page. I see everything else but for the upgrade.

I just searched CMSF 2 upgrade and it took me to a page where I can order it. But it does not show on the games page.

go to the upgrades section. ;)

Top item under games from the homepage

Edited by sburke

7 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

Crap, turns out I confused myself and may have confused others as well. 

My activation is atypical and SHOULD NOT be used as a guide. If upgrading you DO need to enter your CMSF1 license key. 

My apologies. 

heh heh yeah I know what you did  :D  or at least why it worked.  It is NOT the norm for sure.

HI I'm downloading the big upgrade at the moment...I have SF1 and all the modules. I don't have the activation code for SF1, but I do have all the codes for the the modules. If I remember right, when I've had issues in the past I was told all I had to do was enter the activation code for the module and didn't need the code for SF1. Is the is still the case or do you have to enter every code for SF1 and the modules?

6 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Okay, so let me get this straight. I have CMSF 1 installed, including all modules. Now I want to upgrade. so that means I must buy the CMSF 1 Big Bundle Upgrade ($ 35.00)?

Forget having CMSF1 installed.  That is irrelevant.  All that matters is that you own it.

So go purchase the big bundle upgrade.  

Download the bundle

Go to my accounts page and grab your CMSF1 activation code

Your CMSF2 activation code comes in your email confirmation along with the DL link

Run the CMSF upgrade installer (it is actually a full game installer, not really an upgrade)

using the activation shortcut activate using your CMSF1 code

using the activation shortcut activate using your CMSF2 code

Launch game

49 minutes ago, Mesquite55 said:

HI I'm downloading the big upgrade at the moment...I have SF1 and all the modules. I don't have the activation code for SF1, but I do have all the codes for the the modules. If I remember right, when I've had issues in the past I was told all I had to do was enter the activation code for the module and didn't need the code for SF1. Is the is still the case or do you have to enter every code for SF1 and the modules?

Correct you can use the CMSF1 Marine module code, at least that is my understanding.  If you do need to do each you'll find out quick enough if you don't see access to the Brit or NATO campaigns. Doh!  See below for correction

Edited by sburke

Got home from work at 1030. Intalled CMSF2 at like 11, had to restart PC cause reasons, and then my game wouldn't activate properly cause I bought the CMSF + marines bundle back in the day. Entered a ticket and no less then TEN MINUTES later they had sorted me out, and I am up and running. BFC, well done!

Edited by Sakai007
phrasing

4 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

Crap, turns out I confused myself and may have confused others as well. 

My activation is atypical and SHOULD NOT be used as a guide. If upgrading you DO need to enter your CMSF1 license key. 

My apologies. 

Your enthusiasm excuses the mistake and then some ;)

I made a notation in your original post.  Note that your instructions are excellent in all other aspects. Also pretty much spot on for new CMSF2 purchases (i.e. not Upgrades), except that one doesn't have to use Activate New Products to launch the game.  Though that does work, for sure.

Steve

24 minutes ago, Sakai007 said:

Got home from work at 1030. Intalled CMSF2 at like 11, had to restart PC cause reasons, and then my game wouldn't activate properly cause I bought the CMSF + marines bundle back in the day. Entered a ticket and no less then TEN MINUTES later they had sorted me out, and I am up and running. BFC, well done!

Yeah, the export from the old license system FUBAR'd the CMSF/Marines Bundle keys.  Only half the equation was exported.  I have a support request into them to help me figure out what happened.  I expect the Marines/British Bundle and 3 Module Bundle has similar problems.  I expect to have it sorted out within a day or two as they tend to be fairly fast to respond.  Until then, Help Desk is the solution.

Steve

30 minutes ago, Mesquite55 said:

You do need to have a license key for CMSF Base Game, either stand alone, as part of a Bundle, or the Paradox Retail Upgrade. Though see previous comment about a temporary glitch affecting the Bundles which we have to manually fix at the moment.

Steve

30 minutes ago, sburke said:

Forget having CMSF1 installed.  That is irrelevant.  All that matters is that you own it.

So go purchase the big bundle upgrade.  

Download the bundle

Go to my accounts page and grab your CMSF1 activation code

Your CMSF2 activation code comes in your email confirmation along with the DL link

Run the CMSF upgrade installer (it is actually a full game installer, not really an upgrade)

using the activation shortcut activate using your CMSF1 code

using the activation shortcut activate using your CMSF2 code

Launch game

Thank you for explaining.

Hi all,

I am a CMSF1 owner looking for exactly what I need to do to purchase + install the SF2 upgrade.

I currently own CMSF1 + Marines module. Do I need to purchase the CMSF2 Upgrade first ($15), then the Marines SF2 upgrade ($10) in order to have the 4.0 version of the content I own?

I do not have CMSF1 currently installed on my computer. Do I need to install this first, then run the upgrade for CMSF2 base game, followed by CMSF2 Marines upgrade? 

Edited by jpm224

1 minute ago, jpm224 said:

Hi all,

I am a SF1 owner looking for exactly what I need to do to purchase + install the SF2 upgrade.

I currently own CMSF1 + Marines module. Do I need to purchase the CMSF2 Upgrade first ($15), then the Marines SF2 upgrade ($10) in order to have the 4.0 version of the content I own?

Yes, though you can purchase both at the same time and enter the license keys in any order after installing.  Just use Activate New Products for each successive license key (you should enter 3) and you should be all set.  UNLESS you own the CMSF1/Marines Bundle.  There is a temporary issue with the old CMSF1 Bundles not exporting out of the old licensing system as they should.  We're working on a fix, but until then you can contact the Help Desk to get fixed up.

1 minute ago, jpm224 said:

I do not have CMSF1 currently installed on my computer. Do I need to install this first, then run the upgrade for CMSF2 base game, followed by CMSF2 Marines upgrade? 

The new installer is 100% complete and doesn't require anything other than the CMSF1 license keys.  Having CMSF1 installed or not makes no difference.

Steve