Allied Vehicle Bugs

This is only for blitzkrieg and not normandy.

m18 hellcat - when turret is facing rear (in target arc mode) and if open up key is used,back of commander is exposed through tank.

m3a1 HT 2xmg- when facing back of half track gunners, back sticks through the armor in front

m5a1 late - when turret facing rear, commander sticks through armor right side of him and his back

m20 - commanders feet are sticking right through bottom of car. when engaging target behind vehicle gun stick through commander. Always wondered why instant crew casualties.

m8 - when target light is used commander sticks through turret only when turret is facing to the side.

m10 and m10 late and m36- unable to target light command using 50 cals, no button. didn't check the hellcat or chafee

m8 mid commander kicks out through bottom briefly when open up command

m2a1 halftrack spawns with no gunner only driver

Edited by user1000

• 9 months later...
On 10/16/2018 at 10:39 AM, user1000 said:

m18 hellcat - when turret is facing rear (in target arc mode) and if open up key is used,back of commander is exposed through tank.

Reported

m3a1 HT 2xmg- when facing back of half track gunners, back sticks through the armor in front

This one I am unclear on. Does the HT have a target command to the rear? When I was reproducing this I didn't think of that - I'll go back to my save and see if this is what you mean...

m5a1 late - when turret facing rear, commander sticks through armor right side of him and his back

Reported - I see it no matter what direction the turret is facing.

m20 - commanders feet are sticking right through bottom of car. when engaging target behind vehicle gun stick through commander. Always wondered why instant crew casualties.

Reported x2

m8 - when target light is used commander sticks through turret only when turret is facing to the side.

Reported

m10 and m10 late and m36- unable to target light command using 50 cals, no button. didn't check the hellcat or chafee

Hell cat and Chafee both have target light but their MGs are facing forward. The rear facing MG units don't get a target command but the do fire. Witness:

364451586_CMFB2019_08.06M10firingbackwards.thumb.png.02f236e034def173520799c44ddab4ff.png

m8 mid commander kicks out through bottom briefly when open up command

Reported

m2a1 halftrack spawns with no gunner only driver

That is intentional for some reason - there are a bunch of HTs that come into the game via formations or single vehicle purchases that have MGs but no crew member. I don't remember fully the last time this came up there was some sensible reason for some of them and perhaps not for others but the upshot was we are stuck with it this way.

21 minutes ago, IanL said:

This one I am unclear on. Does the HT have a target command to the rear? When I was reproducing this I didn't think of that - I'll go back to my save and see if this is what you mean...

Firing rearward did not cause problems but then I thought it might be the rear MG. Loading up passengers showed issues with boots and great coats peaking through the rear door but not the guy manning the rear MG. Anyway what I saw I reported :)

Was awhile ago but probably the gunner in that half tracks stick through the front of the gun shield (his back) when aiming towards the back of the ht, so would make him vulnerable to incoming fire at the front of the vehicle while he was facing back,

Edited by user1000

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:30 PM, IanL said:

Hell cat and Chafee both have target light but their MGs are facing forward. The rear facing MG units don't get a target command but the do fire.

This is correct for the M10, but in the case of the M18, it's not a rearward facing gun, it's ring-mounted and thus should be able to face in almost any direction:

m18_hellcat-1.jpg

PS - Note the tubular framework, to prevent 'Abu-Hajar' incidents.  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead