1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Yes, in the pic I easily see the deathshead on the cap, but not the SS runes on the collar.  And I think that is fine... as otherwise it's hard to tell SS from LW. 

Oh, you mean in the original mod? Old version?

Mord.

21 hours ago, Mord said:

Think I managed to knock out the entire Luftwaffe today. I am happy with everything so they should be keepers. Even managed the SS armor portrait. I collected the base pic from another forum back in October and have been dying to take a crack at it. I am SUPER happy with how it turned out. I REALLY love it.

Here's a preview of ALL the main Armor for CMBN (Bocage style background as in the American pics above).

FJIAlFU.jpg

As you can see there's NO argument that this new style was the way to go!

Mord.

In the pic above.  The Waffen SS guy has no runes (that I can see anyhow).  I thought it a good idea.

2 minutes ago, Erwin said:

In the pic above.  The Waffen SS guy has no runes (that I can see anyhow).  I thought it a good idea.

Ahh, gotchya. I usually include two versions of SS guys, one with runes one without, so you may like both versions. That death's head is badass though. Took me a couple tries to make it distinguishable.

Mord.

3 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Wow, Mord, you found a way to improve on perfection!

Thanks, brother. I can't stand to look at that old ones anymore, though. I am embarrassed I ever thought they were worth releasing. LOL. What a difference eight years makes.

Mord.

15 hours ago, Mord said:

Ahh, gotchya. I usually include two versions of SS guys, one with runes one without, so you may like both versions. That death's head is badass though. Took me a couple tries to make it distinguishable.

I liked the look of the guy - has the same arrogant visage as the ultimate SS villain Heydrich:

image.jpeg.2b7c9b8ca96d57cd197355850f885e0e.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2020 at 8:45 AM, Erwin said:

I really like the portrait.  However, at the resolution I play at these portraits are small, so it can be hard to see details.  At a quick glance, the LW officer all in jet black looks more like an SS officer as his silver tabs look like SS runes. 

I'd agree with this. He looks pretty SS with his black uniform.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/2/2021 at 4:10 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I think @Mord is taking one of his periodical sabbaticals.

Yep. I was burnt on CM modding bad. I took a sabbatical to Slitherine and did a group terrain overhaul for FoG II: Medieval but that was it, up until I released that RT portrait update the other day.

On 2/2/2021 at 3:46 PM, Anonymous_Jonze said:

I take it this mod is no more?

It's still on, just don't know exactly when I'll finish it, but I will finish it. I hit an impasse with the Wehrmacht and they are frustrating me to hell and back. 

Mord.

2 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

And it's a lovely piece of work thanks!

Thank ya, brother. There's a lot I don't like in it now but that's a mountain best climbed some other time.

Mord.

Just now, Mord said:

Thank ya, brother. There's a lot I don't like in it now but that's a mountain best climbed some other time.

Mord.

Well I love your portraits across all the WW2 titles, great work - not sure if you do modern stuff as I haven't got there yet 😉.

2 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

Well I love your portraits across all the WW2 titles, great work - not sure if you do modern stuff as I haven't got there yet 😉.

Cool. Glad you like them. I did 3200 portraits for SF2, and I have the old style BS one that still needs to be replaced. I have been slowly changing them over for the last three years. I started back in August of 2018. Next up will be CMBN, which will be version 5!

Mord.