Another stupid question, but what do these buttons do?

So, I'm in the setup phase and learned that the open up button allows the vehicles gunner to shoot, and acquire gives people ammo! In a conquest to just click everything, I noticed those three buttons in a row, the green red red ones with different symbols on them. What do they do?

A second question as well, do rifleman need the 7mm ap ammo? How can I get them to use it now that I've given it to them? How much ammo should I give them before it affects stamina? (assuming it does at all)lg2xZttqxmvshPHypU_6yb2N6sCMbaPdHS8w22r61KeqbMsA-OeCvqqIfwsVvIjOdcoGR887qV3goVa7Jp9rgKKH6Mv5TpREI4MyZSwcQPgpXpWaaNJM7Cx2Gb_q8aDpwO_uWj2cxhCI-PQjtYKhL9VgE90k-Ba_mLc3fSzstV4jm6mHdWHONFg83gmUXJfcUgtrWrF8yCNTZP4JkLgBjf_r5kcj05kAFbe1GG4jEJxiy76nGzX3nX7TblB1VV08ELz2hGnJ7RtXdMUXupcHtFH2lLJrALdkib9f31zL5ue7nCzGlp7VkGUNPHB3X16QF9aYmJRAsPTR39fWrl2pPxivOqbyR5TjZSLno7XC7ye4Dr3TbJaEq28DqQDX4H_56hu4-m5aM7Fp36KBM-G3T_bTAu1N4c0fXeS6sIIl9QZk8jZ-fUhsnFBa076wRi02tsVAjSy8mI1OJHPagUgtTfbUytvKx9qSs48L3Qy6dUoP95O3AiYulmMr2JhHaUfiiEXEvNY24hcGJJIwiY5nE7NcXriiN2RPrQDFgzr7boQgxv9D_ZizTH11BYcNJHYM2Bl-4SSDvaL7FsJxkOk1NM37K2lEgPdMrNMUJ5xOSzIPBqaUF17hTaZXkjtvrdC-=w1920-h747-no

Those three buttons are instant commands.  From left to right Pause, Cancel All and Evade.  Page 62 of the 4.0 Engine Manual: 

Instant commands are mainly used for emergencies, when you need to quickly in- tervene to prevent a unit from getting into trouble (or to get out of trouble quickly). These commands allow the player to initiate three pre-defined “procedures” with one click, which, during emergencies, is often about all the time one has. These commands simulate actions soldiers would normally take by themselves on the battlefield when finding themselves in a tight situation.
Instant Commands can be used both in Real-Time mode as well as Turn-based mode. In Real-time mode they are executed immediately, in Turn-based mode they are executed immediately after the start of the next turn.
PAUSE - instructs the unit to temporarily halt all active orders and wait. This is the equivalent of yelling “Halt”. This button is a toggle, and by pressing it again,
the unit is ordered to resume what it was doing.
CANCEL ALL - deletes ALL active commands for the unit instantly. If you have plotted a long chain of waypoints, this command allows you to delete all of them with one click without having to delete each waypoint one by one. This is the equivalent of yelling “Stop” over the radio.
EVADE - deletes all active commands and instructs the unit to take immediate evasive action. This may include moving to cover as well as popping smoke, if available. This is the equivalent of yelling “Take cover!” over radio.

Edited by MOS:96B2P

Not really.  I think it was mostly intended for real time play.  I would just give the tank a normal movement order like Reverse to where I wanted the tank to go.  The Evade command is good for when you have a pinned fire team.  A pinned fire team will ignore movement orders.  However a pinned team will usually respond to the Evade command and plot it's own destination waypoint.  Then I drag that waypoint to where I want it since the AI doesn't always pick the safest locations.  With this method you can usually move a pinned team. 

38 minutes ago, Mousie said:

How much ammo should I give them before it affects stamina?

Am told that tests show there is an effect.  But, altho there is a limit on RPG's etc, one can load up with unrealistically huge quantities of small arms ammo and there is little discernible effect on movement.  

35 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Am told that tests show there is an effect.  But, altho there is a limit on RPG's etc, one can load up with unrealistically huge quantities of small arms ammo and there is little discernible effect on movement.  

Yeah, and unfortunately, this is the case :-(