CMSF1 scenarios & campaigns

37mm

Many thanks 37mm really appreciated mate. I have one question, I installed all the scenarios/campaigns on page one, without reading your instructions first 😬. Does it overwrite any stock scenarios? If it does I didn't back up first, so how could I get the stock scenarios back without doing a full reinstall,  any ideas please?

Cheers

On 1/26/2021 at 9:53 AM, slippy said:

Does it overwrite any stock scenarios? If it does I didn't back up first, so how could I get the stock scenarios back without doing a full reinstall,  any ideas please?

If you moved scenario/campaigns into the correct folders you should have had a warning... something along the line of "Are you sure you want to overwrite these files?".

If you ignored the warning & clicked "overwrite" then you will indeed have to reinstall to get the originals back... however I think BFC added a "SF2" suffix to all their new scenarios so there won't be any overwriting issues with those.

I think you will need to be careful with the campaigns (After I uploaded this collection I ended up adding "SF1" suffixes to many of the original campaigns).

3 minutes ago, 37mm said:

If you moved scenario/campaigns into the correct folders you should have had a warning... something along the line of "Are you sure you want to overwrite these files?".

If you ignored the warning & clicked "overwrite" then you will indeed have to reinstall to get the originals back... however I think BFC added a "SF2" suffix to all their new scenarios so there won't be any overwriting issues with those.

I think you will need to be careful with the campaigns (After I uploaded this collection I ended up adding "SF1" suffixes to many of the original campaigns).

Yes i did overwrite them mate i think. Thanks for the reply, I'll see if I can reinstall over the top of my current game.

Regards

Slippy

Yes, it's best to take all the CMSF2 content and then overwrite the CMSF1 content (scenarios, campaigns, maps etc.) and then move those folders to your new CMSF2 install DATA folder.  

AFAIK all CMSF1 content will work in CMSF2.  But, IIRC CMSF1 saved games will not work if moved to the CMSF2 install.

• 2 weeks later...

The challenge is that it can take many months, even years to create a good campaign.  There used to be a lot more enthusiasm for making campaigns (and scenarios) when CM2 first came out in 2013.  I have approx 50 CMSF campaigns in my campaign folder - most from CMSF1.  Probably you haven't played all of them.  Suggest you visit CMMODS or A Few Good Men sites and d/l some.

First of all, thank you 37 mm.
Woua, 800 scenarios !!
It is by reading this post I realized that the SF1 scenario was playable on SF2 ....
I bought SF2 more out of opportunity than out of interest. I hadn't followed what was being said when it was released and I missed this crucial element.
Battlefront should put this argument to the fore much more.
800 scenario plus those of the games ... that's how much 1500h of games 2 months full time of games
Those who say that it costs too much have never bought ps or xbox games for their children at 75 € per game and which is play in 3 hours!

15 hours ago, ViperAssassin26 said:

Are there any new campaigns in the works? I’ve played all of them to the end and would like to see something new. 

You know the cliche give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish you feed him for the rest of his life. There is the editor I just start to dabble with it. You can load a present scenario, change the name, change the units, change the weather change the date and you have a new scenario. Goes a little further than QB.

7 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

You know the cliche give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish you feed him for the rest of his life. There is the editor I just start to dabble with it. You can load a present scenario, change the name, change the units, change the weather change the date and you have a new scenario. Goes a little further than QB.

That's the spirit @chuckdyke!  B)

If you ever need any help or advice with your new experiments don't hesitate to ask (PM is best).....Welcome to 'the other game'.  ;)

5 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

That's the spirit @chuckdyke!  B)

If you ever need any help or advice with your new experiments don't hesitate to ask (PM is best).....Welcome to 'the other game'.  ;)

The 5000 mile journey starts with a single step. That is the easiest way to get a new game I understand. I use excel to organize large and huge scenarios., and Affinity Photo to edit the screenshots. A brilliant Photoshop alternative. 

• 5 months later...
On 9/28/2018 at 12:26 AM, 37mm said:

For anybody interested I have many hundreds of scenarios & campaigns (apparently all will be playable in CMSF2).

Are you kidding me?!?! 646 "new" scenarios?! This is... just amazing! Thanks alot!

Hmm... now I just have to get rid of my wife.. and my work.. and my friends.. and CMFI, CMFB, CMRT, CMBN, CMCW,  CMBS, and Arma3, and..

(Why the hell did I only see this thread today? Tomorrow, my wife is coming back from vacation ... *! # @% ) 😲

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...