CMSF1 scenarios & campaigns

37mm

For anybody interested I have many hundreds of scenarios & campaigns (apparently all will be playable in CMSF2).

I got rid of a bunch of duplicates/older versions & renamed a lot of them so they're easier to sort out...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s67v5pnem3x0kp8/AAAhJTwMwh6kJHWaz1qFDZjGa?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1mu30n0qsjw3sk0/AABb-_fnlr21dLxGVv6a7VAVa?dl=0

... I estimate there's about 800 scenarios if you include the campaigns.

Edited by 37mm

8 hours ago, Mord said:

Very cool, man. Thanks for the leg work. I would've never guessed that that many scenarios were made for SF.

Mord.

There are apparently a bunch of French ones including a "Battle for Grozny" campaign... but I could never get them.

I must admit refighting the Zawiya Uprising with the version 4.01 engine is going to be a lot of fun.

I guess there's a lot to be said for being first. When SF was literally the only game in town designers had no choice but to create for it. Kinda like BN was for the WWII set.

Yeah, it will be cool getting SF2 in all its evolutionary glory. I keep saying it but one of the things I am looking forward to the most is hit decals. I love battlefield forensics, it adds so much to the immersion. More than I would've thought it would.

Mord.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

I was talking about scenarios by the way not campaigns... Mord has said already that campaigns don't work :(

Huh? The only thing I mentioned was mods and I figured those out.

SF1 scenarios aren't gonna work with the demo. You need to wait for the full game to be released.

Mord.

Yeah these should work* with the full game NOT the Demo.

*When it comes time to release the full game, just be careful not to overide anything... you wouldn't want to lose the new TF Thunder & replace it with the old v1 campaign from the collection!

1 hour ago, Mord said:

Huh? The only thing I mentioned was mods and I figured those out.

SF1 scenarios aren't gonna work with the demo. You need to wait for the full game to be released.

I was sure you had mentioned that the campaigns won't work with the demo... sorry about that, must have been someone else, lol!

4 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

I was sure you had mentioned that the campaigns won't work with the demo... sorry about that, must have been someone else, lol!

No problem. Just confused me for a second. Yeah, nothing but mods will work with the demo. And even with those you will only be able to use things that are actually in the demo (not all textures will be represented). Anything to do with models like vehicles, uniforms and faces won't work either unless they are reworked to fit the new meshes.

Mord.

3 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

edit... just put some of these in the scenarios folder and none are showing up in game... any idea how to get them to work gents?

The demo will only play the designated demo scenarios.

When the full game releases the intention is that it will play the old scenarios. Due to changes and bug fixes in the engine they might feel different and not be as balanced but they should play. Better yet they will open in the editor so you can tweak them to make use of new scenario AI features etc. :)  I have been testing out random 3rd party scenarios built with the old game with every test build. I have not yet found a bug that was directly tied to trying to run the old scenarios.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2018 at 6:26 PM, 37mm said:

For anybody interested I have many hundreds of scenarios & campaigns (apparently all will be playable in CMSF2).

I got rid of a bunch of duplicates/older versions & renamed a lot of them so they're easier to sort out...

... I estimate there's about 800 scenarios if you include the campaigns.

Thanks!! I really appreciate all the scenarios and campaigns you have provided for download.

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2018 at 12:39 AM, z1812 said:

Thanks!! I really appreciate all the scenarios and campaigns you have provided for download.

Quickly perusing through a bunch of the CMSF1 campaigns & scenarios... I've seen no issues yet.

It would appear all ~800 (?) scenarios will indeed work with CMSF2.

21 minutes ago, 37mm said:

Quickly perusing through a bunch of the CMSF1 campaigns & scenarios... I've seen no issues yet.

It would appear all ~800 (?) scenarios will indeed work with CMSF2.

Let me know if you find any that don't.  There were some issue with ToE changes, but I think they all got resolved.  Wouldn't be totally surprised if something cropped up though.  Nice thing is you can open them in CMSF and make corrections to have em run in CMSF2 if needed.

On 12/5/2018 at 7:18 AM, sburke said:

Let me know if you find any that don't.  There were some issue with ToE changes, but I think they all got resolved.  Wouldn't be totally surprised if something cropped up though.  Nice thing is you can open them in CMSF and make corrections to have em run in CMSF2 if needed.

One interesting thing that I have found is that, on some campaigns & battles, some of the low walls (or trenches) have been replaced with fences... CMSF1 had no fences.

I've seen examples of this in Guardian of the Homeland campaign & the Zawiya militia clashes scenario.