They meant september of next year!

tavichh

3 hours ago, The Steppenwulf said:

As stated your facts were incorrect; you drew reference to the DEMO with regard to the WINDOW, and BF statement was explicitly in reference to the GAME. That undermined your position entirely. If you cannot see that then it's impossible to reason with you.

As previously stated over and over again (some people do seem to have grasped this) it isn't about a specific date, it's simply about good customer relations to provide an update when it becomes clear that the window is going to have to shift. If I hadn't paid approx £100 then maybe I wouldn't care, but if the window has moved to Christmas I have a right to know that this the case, request a refund and use the money on family xmas gifts instead.

You seem to to jump from one wild assertion to another - all without any factual basis.  Unless you've been following my reading and posting on these forums you know nothing about me! And if you had, you'd know that your assertions are wrong!

Again this is blurring the truth to suit your assertions. In fact BF do give updates and they do offer windows for game release. I could trawl through the forums and offer you many, many examples of this. However, and to reiterate yet again, this issue is simply about communications. Nonetheless Steve, himself in May (again I've already posted a link to this in an earlier post in this very thread), apologised for not providing a more recent update. If you are right and BF think that updates are either not important, counter productive, or adverse to BF's business practice, then please explain why he provided a comprehensive update on;

1) SF2, 
2) the situation with the patches,
3) Black Sea,
4) Red Thunder, and, 
5) The new website.

AND MOREOVER, he apologised for not having done this much sooner!

Since you asked so nicely, Steve posted the following on August 9 ( or is that 9 August to you) on page 15 in the"state of CMSF2" thread. The bolding is mine.

And that's it, I'm done feeding the Troll.

"Seriously, this is just another example of the futility of release dates.  If I post wrong ones we get skewered for not delivering on expectations those dates set.  If I post no dates we get skewered for not doing things which set expectations which we aren't sure we can meet.  Damned if we do, damned if we don't is a really unfair position to be in, but we accept that is the way things work. 

Given that we have to make a choice between being damned for setting up expectations that aren't met or damned for not setting up expectations, I think the right choice is the latter.  If someone wants to lay out a rational case for doing things differently, I'm all ears.

Steve

P.S.  one of the beautiful things about being an independent, self publishing game developer is we don't have any problem with someone tuning out for a year and then coming back to see what we have.  We don't have a 60 day window to make or break our future like other game companies.  So if people want to check back with us in a year because that works best for that person, it works fine for us too.  No pressure."

Edited by Vet 0369

Nah. This crap always blows over the minute the games get into our grubby hands. Then a new kind of b****ing starts!  This is the typical pre release frustration. It's probably worse this time because it's been over two years since we've had any new modules or titles.

Mord.

13 minutes ago, Mord said:

Nah. This crap always blows over the minute the games get into our grubby hands. Then a new kind of b****ing starts!  This is the typical pre release frustration. It's probably worse this time because it's been over two years since we've had any new modules or titles.

Mord.

I find the two year thing much more disconcerting than BF lack of communications about release dates that were given with disclaimers about their accuracy.

Well, we had a scenario pack for BS, and the 4.0 upgrade for all five titles. So, there was stuff that was released, just nothing sexy. And then Chris left, which slowed down FI apparently. So, we'll see I guess.

Mord.

Like many commanders gave said - the war will be over before x-mass -  so this "delay" is adding to the simulation and immersion.

Any day now men.. <3

I have the original and USMC - ill update them and buy the rest of the modules - my wife can go to Poland on vacation (meeting my mother in law *shrieek* ) by her self, i just say im feeling ill....

13 minutes ago, ZackTactical34 said:

Is there any chance of purchasing SF1 at a discounted rate?

Like Raptorx7 said. But I am pretty sure you don't own any of them because you said you were new to the series. So, the other option is to buy the entire bundle, which you can pre-order now which would give you the biggest savings of 45 bucks off the regular prices.

https://www.battlefront.com/shock-force-2/

Mord.

Edited by Mord

4 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Wonder if BF could give a discount to players who don't post complaints about the delays.  Or, maybe add $1 to the cost for every complaining post a member makes on this subject.  That would help subsidize future releases and be a win-win.

Or we could just start the civil war right now and skip the middle man...

Mord.

34 minutes ago, ZackTactical34 said:

No, what I meant was can I still purchase Shock Force 1 (not talking about upgrading)?

I don't think so. I believe they stopped sales on SF1 to keep it from complicating the SF2 upgrade discounts. But you'd just be wasting money anyway. The differences are gonna be stark.

Mord.

12 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

So as a new member...I have to ask more senior members if this missed deadline is a classic battlefront move or is it an anomaly? What should expect in the coming weeks before we panic?

HIT THE DECK INCOMING!

Edited by Vet 0369

26 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

So as a new member...I have to ask more senior members if this missed deadline is a classic battlefront move or is it an anomaly? What should expect in the coming weeks before we panic?

If your going to panic over a missed deadline then there is no time like the present to get started.  Missed deadlines are the rule, multiply missed deadlines too.  I still buy just about everything CM however. 

10 minutes ago, Vet 0369 said:

HIT THE DECK INCOMING!

LOL

23 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

Well before the blow up starts again.  BF didn't actually set a firm deadline.  They never do.  What they do is sometimes give an estimated timeline.  Those are almost always wrong :D Steve is an eternal optimist and real life stuff almost always intervenes sometimes to extreme degrees.  In this particular case hopefully it won't be far off.  CMSF2 has taken longer than expected but part of that is Steve has allowed some wiggle room about not just updating the game to the 4.0 engine but also addressing some additional content and having folks invest effort to update all the scenarios and campaigns - that is a full base game and 3 modules worth of stuff.  

So in short the answer to your question is both yes and no.  There was no actual "deadline", but yeah they miss target dates a lot.  In fact I assume any target date immediately to be the date it WON"T be ready :D