They meant september of next year!

tavichh

2 hours ago, slysniper said:

I just finished a battle where my opponent rained arty on me for twenty minutes. Had my troops hold their ground, no fleeing, no mass losses, no issues

Yeah, I remember, 3P0, mentioned that some of these issues didn't happen all the time, and were rather Map /Scenario dependent.

Issuing an indefinite pause when you see the spotting rounds helps to keep control. In some other cases, you actually want them to run for cover autonomously. For instance, while on the advance and during the 1 minute, hands off simulation, when you cannot provide any input.

But the AI doesn't know how to handle that input, and some campaigns and scenarios relied (IMO) on the defender fighting like cornered rats for every foxhole in order to be challenging.

Edited by BletchleyGeek

7 hours ago, slysniper said:

Jerks, plenty of them to be found, It appears some have gathered here.

I just did my pre-order, knowing true and well, that it need not be given too early. Now if I see something in the next 6 weeks, I will feel good about my timing.

Now, those of you who have parted with your money sooner, I thank you, Steve needed food on the table so he might have just enough energy to maybe finish this project and get it in our hands.

As a few wise ones have pointed out, being jerks does nothing but maybe push these guys someday to move on to something else to make money instead of having to do this.

So learn to appreciate what you have, not what you wish for that might never come.

P.s. - two years for a patch, (it would not have been two years if it really had a issue.)

I just finished a battle where my opponent rained arty on me for twenty minutes. Had my troops hold their ground, no fleeing, no mass losses, no issues.

If you know the commands and how they work, you get the results. (no sharing on how to do it, since it can be found on this site). As for other issues, most is minor stuff.

you canot say that" it is not issue" if you canot hold your troops on cover whit out giving them perm pause command, because this affect example to all scenarios , moust of them dont offer good challenge any more . AI is too easy to drive away from positions. 

Edited by snarre

OH look, my timing is perfect, demo is out.

Correct as to the AI not being able to hold vs arty. So that is broken, But I never consider AI much of a fight anyway. The only recourse would have been remove the arty from the game files.

But hey, your one step closer to getting that new programming today.

But I would suggest trying to play other people, at some point you need to test your wings and fly, or your just a chicken. (no wings necessary)

18 hours ago, SgtHatred said:

This is a ridiculous overreaction and not helpful. All you do when you go overboard like this is give the denizens of this place that seem so desperate to defend every action Battlefront makes meat to chew on. Don't do it. Also, don't pre-order digital goods unless you are getting something really good for doing so.

This reminds me of Kerberos Productions with Sword of the Stars 2. That game was launched busted on release, with the producer claiming that the code "exploded", which is why SotS2 was inoperable at launch. At no point does video game software ever become "explosive". Similarly, I find the idea that a shop as small as Battlefront, there are people who don't know when release is until about 10 minutes before hand, unbelievable. 

If you say "Late September", it's not unreasonable for people to expect an update when that goal is no longer feasible. You don't have to come up with a new explanation or date while doing so, but it's pretty disrespectful to string people along who are expecting a release.

Especially because this is also holding back needed fixes for titles that have already been released.

Thanks for refocusing this essential point!  Spot on observation that every post that digresses from this only serves as a straw man for BF apologists to knock down and denigrate. They feed on this! Equally concerning is conflating kickstarter campaigns with preordered games when they are totally different things; there is likely little if no legal liability attached to kickstarter funded games, however preordered games are still a product that the customer anticipates, it's bound by contract law and if the dev fails to deliver the customer is entitled to a refund.

I must state that I have enough confidence in BF to feel certain that this won't happen. And I'm more than willing to support these fantastic games with my hard earned cash present and future. But all this kind of talk wouldn't happen if BF just communicated at key times to let the community know what's going on. If the games not ready till xmas - fine, I'll drop by again then, or perhaps you can send me an email to let me know when the demo is out! Keeping the average customer happy should not be hard work, but this really is basic stuff.

I hope that Steve recognises this when he surfaces and dissipates all frustrations with a simple apology (as he did in July). It's quickly accepted, but more importantly some recognition from him about this issue would vindicate our perspective, and moreover, perhaps then the 'apologists' might reflect a bit on their own ill-considered reactions which are misplaced, unkind, patronising and sometimes just verge on plain arrogance!   

Edited by The Steppenwulf

3 hours ago, The Steppenwulf said:

I hope that Steve recognises this when he surfaces and dissipates all frustrations with a simple apology...

Apology? For what? How one deals with ones own internal circumstances is outside the purview of others, in other words, ones frustration is the result of ones expectations, especially in this instance when Steve was quite clear about shipping dates. 

3 minutes ago, sfhand said:

Apology? For what?

Here:

First, apologies for taking so long to update you guys on where we're at.  We know that you guys care more about new stuff than anything else and so we have been totally devoted to making that happen. However, I'm acknowledging that a bit more balance in priorities was needed and we dropped the ball on communicating with you.

And further acknowledgement in the same thread:

Glad to finally produce an update for you!  I can't tell you how many times I thought "I need to update folks" and then the next thought was "but I'm going to be too busy over the next few days to answer questions.  OK, next week".  Rinse and repeat :(  Finally my thinking of updating you AND a window where I can be around to interact consistently came up.  Or, more accurately, I forced it to come up!

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/126834-a-long-delayed-update/

It seems that you are all out of step with your master!!

22 hours ago, slysniper said:

Jerks, plenty of them to be found, It appears some have gathered here.

I just did my pre-order, knowing true and well, that it need not be given too early. Now if I see something in the next 6 weeks, I will feel good about my timing.

Now, those of you who have parted with your money sooner, I thank you, Steve needed food on the table so he might have just enough energy to maybe finish this project and get it in our hands.

As a few wise ones have pointed out, being jerks does nothing but maybe push these guys someday to move on to something else to make money instead of having to do this.

So learn to appreciate what you have, not what you wish for that might never come.

P.s. - two years for a patch, (it would not have been two years if it really had a issue.)

I just finished a battle where my opponent rained arty on me for twenty minutes. Had my troops hold their ground, no fleeing, no mass losses, no issues.

If you know the commands and how they work, you get the results. (no sharing on how to do it, since it can be found on this site). As for other issues, most is minor stuff.

I'm all with you with regards to keeping calm etc. Things will come when they come, as that is how life works. Time is relative. However, I don't agree with regards to the issue. Sure in a PBEM one can use the pause feature, however against the AI playing campaigns/scenario's the enemy can't use those commands. Sure, the impact depends on the specific scenario but having troops fleeing trenches upon some nearby arty can sure make a campaign/scenario less interesting.

Edit: I see I wasn't the only one 😉 I do agree that the AI doesn't always put up a good fight, however there are quite a number of scenario's where it's at least (more than) good enough for me to have fun with. Some of that fun is impacted when the enemy runs away the instance I put their (prepared) positions under arty fire. Given the commonality of indirect fire in CM, one could value that impact as significant. 

PBEMs are my favorite however I don't really have the luxury of playing those. Anyway just wanted to stress some people actually play against the AI and have some fun at it, so I'm surely anticipating the patch for all CMx2 titles. Still I'd rather have them release a patch in November over October if that means the difference between a good tested/quality product vs something rushed. Given the BF history I'm quite sure that quality will be the most important, so I'm happy to wait a little longer. Yes, they could update us given the presumed delayed demo and or CMSF2 release. I would appreciate it. However, since that update will basically entail nothing more than 'somewhere soon (Q4 2018)' realistically, I don't really bother if they bother the effort to come posting about it. That's how I feel about it anyways, in a free world everybody is free to agree or disagree. 

Edited by Lethaface

4 minutes ago, sburke said:

Tell you what on Sept 30th I'll post a note that this date is no longer viable.  Good to go?

3 minutes ago, Raptorx7 said:

I mean its not the coming from the bosses mouth but I don't mind hearing from you Sburke 😉

Already taken care of 😉

On 9/25/2018 at 8:35 PM, Lethaface said:

Steve told me on snapchat that the new CMSF2 roadmap is 'late 2018'. Patch to follow up shortly after. (joke)

Edited by Lethaface

While there is certainly some overreaction going on about the late demo and release here that surely won´t benefit anybody but this isn´t even the part that annoys me so much.

After following this thread and skimming trough many recent I must say what definitely annoys me is the fact that most suggestions and ALL negative feedback , no matter if it is about Battlefront or related to the Combat Mission games itself, no matter if it is valid and very well thought out, no matter if the author invested his time into it, it is always compromised in a perfidious way by the same two, three overbearing forum members to such an extent that productive effort is almost impossible to be made or the thread is turned into a goofy trolling space.

It is like if a forum police is going around here 24/7 looking for instantly shutting down anything that is too progressive or could be perceived as criticism in the slightest possible way. Frankly I can´t remember ever have seen such a severe case of that before and I´ve been to alot game or sim forums. If you guys´ believe you´re helping the devs with that, you surely do not.

I am sorry if the answers you get aren't to your liking, but we don't really get to decide that.  People ask the same question over and over again when they have a release date and the answer is always the same - Steve isn't normally gonna post about it.  I even included the last time he replied in August where he specifically said so.  Maybe the problem isn't the answer.

Signed - The Forum Police (behave or we'll taser you)

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? ....... Yes, kids are annoying in the back seat on a long trip.

When will it be finished? When will it be finished? When will it be finished? ..............Yes, popes are annoying to painters working on big job like the Sistine Chapel ceiling.

And the best answer is......

by Michelangelo....

"It will be ready WHEN ITS FINISHED".

4 minutes ago, Vinnart said:

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? ....... Yes, kids are annoying in the back seat on a long trip.

When will it be finished? When will it be finished? When will it be finished? ..............Yes, popes are annoying to painters working on big job like the Sistine Chapel ceiling.

And the best answer is......

by Michelangelo....

"It will be ready WHEN ITS FINISHED".

Of course, in this case the Chapel ceiling has a big hole in it, and the Pope is wondering why it's going to take 18 months to fix it, after its been paid for. Michelangelo needs to release an update to an old ceiling before fixing his current job apparently.