They meant september of next year!

tavichh

5 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I would gladly pre-order the CMRT module for double the price and wait another two months. You CMSF 2 boys are so lucky. Why cancelling a pre-order, because it is a couple of weeks too late. 🤔

Expand your horizons. Become one with us. Download the demo and try some modern. Embrace the joy. I like all the titles so I win on every release.

Mord.

2 minutes ago, Mord said:

Expand your horizons. Become one with us. Download the demo and try some modern. Embrace the joy. I like all the titles so I win on every release.

Mord.

Good advice on itself. But I've become too much of an Ostfronter. And I'm still enjoying CMRT (working on my own scenarios, playing my own or someone else's adjusted battles etc.). Contrary to what I've said before I will buy CMSF 2 to back this company and of course play the dutch campaign, which I enjoyed tremendously in CMSF 1. But modern warfare is not really my cup of tea. But for me the pressure's off. With the CMRT winter mod at least early winter conditions can be simulated and that will help me through the coming winter. No frustration anymore. And who knows, perhaps CMSF 2 will make me one of you guys.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018 at 7:01 PM, SgtHatred said:

$150 for a new game with all the trimmings is fine. Games are expensive to make. It's the 21st century, money practically grows on trees now. Games across the board should go up in price.

Games are expensive to make? You gotta love this excuse for any game. It's basically asking "yes, rip me off".

Wonder why games were not expensive to make and did not require an inflated pricetag at a time when engines had to be written from scratch, tools for them had to be written from scratch, everything had to be animated by hand and took half a year instead of mere weeks in mocap studios. Nowadays about half of game development process is all but finished before devs even start.

If games are expensive to make - how come games, which cost a lot more to make than any Battlefront game, rake in hundreds of millions $$$ (and sometimes even billions) of pure profit - if devs and publishers supposedly struggle financially and can barely make do?

And if games are expensive to make and require anticompetitive pricing - then maybe the business model of said developer is messed up? Because a business is about knowing how to do the thing you do.

Games like ARK were made for a bunch of proverbial peanut cans instead of real big cash. ArmA2 was a low-budget game (a large chunk of assets was even reused from the previous game) and yet a mere free mod skyrocketed the profits. Yet even before that it was chock full of content and effort. Wargame series are fairly obscure games and yet devs managed to easily handle the financial failure that was Act of Aggression and lackluster sales of Steel Division 1 - because Wargame series still brought in good profits without inflated pricetags. If your product is good - the budget does not matter.

Edited by kraze

30 minutes ago, kraze said:

Games are expensive to make? You gotta love this excuse for any game. It's basically asking "yes, rip me off".

Wonder why games were not expensive to make and did not require an inflated pricetag at a time when engines had to be written from scratch, tools for them had to be written from scratch, everything had to be animated by hand and took half a year instead of mere weeks in mocap studios. Nowadays about half of game development process is all but finished before devs even start.

If games are expensive to make - how come games, which cost a lot more to make than any Battlefront game, rake in hundreds of millions $$$ (and sometimes even billions) of pure profit - if devs and publishers supposedly struggle financially and can barely make do?

And if games are expensive to make and require anticompetitive pricing - then maybe the business model of said developer is messed up? Because a business is about knowing how to do the thing you do.

Games like ARK were made for a bunch of proverbial peanut cans instead of real big cash. ArmA2 was a low-budget game (a large chunk of assets was even reused from the previous game) and yet a mere free mod skyrocketed the profits. Yet even before that it was chock full of content and effort. Wargame series are fairly obscure games and yet devs managed to easily handle the financial failure that was Act of Aggression and lackluster sales of Steel Division 1 - because Wargame series still brought in good profits without inflated pricetags. If your product is good - the budget does not matter.

Battlefront has a niche market man.  Budget does matter even in large companies.  And those large companies have marketing dollars and distribution deals.  

I'm blown away I can upgrade to SF2 for $35, talk about loyalty to your EXISTING customers.

And if games are expensive to make and require anticompetitive pricing - then maybe the business model of said developer is messed up?

I can guarantee you Battlefront's business model is messed up.  The product they labor over is a niche one so no matter how good it is the target market is small.  If they took that same effort toward a mass appeal game they would make a hell of a lot more money.  I thank them for sticking with CM.

11 hours ago, Dynaman216 said:

I can guarantee you Battlefront's business model is messed up. 

……………………………………………………… (WTF?!)………………………………….

The product they labor over is a niche one so no matter how good it is the target market is small.  If they took that same effort toward a mass appeal game they would make a hell of a lot more money.  I thank them for sticking with CM.

…..Oh yeah, okay :P  ………………………………………………………...

rotflamo  I read the first line and was thinking WTF, then the 2nd and realized your point.  :D