They meant september of next year!

tavichh

11 hours ago, ZackTactical34 said:

Nice poem 😂  I've got nothing better to do so here's another one 😂 :

There is a game by Battlefront, that rules the gaming league

Combat Mission owns this title, and none other can compete.

But sadly the game never released, and stayed in development mode,

And even after thirty years, people still wait for it to go.

I like you.

Welcome to the forums.

Yeah, CM: Fulda Gap is great! Visible helicopters, all T-72 variants for the entire Warsaw Pact, all M113 variants for the entire NATO forces, dynamic campaign, improved graphics...

I got it bundled with KoTOR 3, Half Life 3, VSB 3 and Starcraft Ghost (3)!

I'd post videos, but the CIA is in the process of ransacking my apartment.

Here is my poem. It is titled 'Annus horriblis'.

There is a company by the name of Battlefront,
Purveyors of fine wargames of which I always take a punt,
Who's 20th anniversary, this year  we celebrate,
Though their  missed release dates we all love to hate,
So three cheers for the one and only Battlefront,
And I hope the year 2019 won't be such a c.....!

2 hours ago, Snake726 said:

I'm in the beta at the moment, and it's definitely progressed nicely since this video was taken - not sure about their policy on sharing beta content, so this old video was all I could find.

Is it fun? I was hoping they'd add some names to the units to give it a little more immersion. I brought this up a while back, but didn't want to join another forum just to ask recommend it.

Mord.

Yep, it's fun - units do have names, perhaps that video doesn't show that to be the case (if you select a unit and click on its info panel you can see its name, weapons and ammo, psychological state, and the organization it belongs to is highlighted).

It's very much like a 2D Combat Mission fought in only Quick Battle that you define by selecting a portion of the overall Fulda Gap map to play a match in. Commands are issued before the game starts, and then afterwards new commands are affected by command delay etc. So if you have a bunch of Abrams tanks entrenched behind an obstacle with a field of fire over a large plain, but the enemy maneuvers on the other side of the map, it's a satisfying sort of sim-pain to struggle to get them re-deployed in time.

I recently had a great game where I decided to play defense as a Finnish infantry battalion against a Soviet mechanized battalion, and fell back progressively from two small towns into a second line in a large forest, and then fell back to defend against their breakthrough into the wide open plain behind that forest. The AI managed to get a handful of APCs and their troops right up to my objective towns, and almost pushed my mild-mannered reservists tasked with being rear echelon out of their buildings.

Edited by Snake726

2 hours ago, Snake726 said:

units do have names, perhaps that video doesn't show that to be the case (if you select a unit and click on its info panel you can see its name, weapons and ammo, psychological state, and the organization it belongs to is highlighted).

Names as in Sgt. Smith, Jones, Johnson etc.?

2 hours ago, BletchleyGeek said:

I think that discussing Veitikka's excellent game is better served on the General Discussion forums. We had a thread for the game already.

You could answer my question there Snake, if you want.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

Just at modules prices (35 bucks a pop) it'd cost about $3045.00. Man, we have guys here that lose their **** over 10 dollar upgrades that only come out every two years or so. They saw that price they'd stroke out. Hell, I would stroke out!

Nice dream, though! I'd be happy for a quarter of that list.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

I'd pay $35 to have South Africa in CMSF2 and another 70 for France and Italy in CMBS. The biggest issue I'd see is deciding what order to add things, I can see people clamoring for any of the top three rows guaranteed.

If you think about CMSF NATO having Canada, Netherlands and Germany, it doesn't seem so bad...

Edited by DougPhresh

7 hours ago, Mord said:

BTW. I was just joking around guys so don't hang me!

Mord.

Yeah, yeah!

Let me remind you:

On 6/9/2018 at 4:39 AM, Mord said:

Well, it's damn near unanimous! If given the choice between Afrika Korps and Early War Europe,  Fulda Gap would win!

Mord.

That poem though. Pure art!

Best regards,
Thomm

5 hours ago, Mord said:

Names as in Sgt. Smith, Jones, Johnson etc.?

You could answer my question there Snake, if you want.

Mord.

Sorry, couldn't locate the general thread - short answer though: No, units are not described down to the man - rather it will be like "C/3: Infantry Platoon HQ" and you can see how many men are in there currently etc.

17 minutes ago, Snake726 said:

Sorry, couldn't locate the general thread - short answer though: No, units are not described down to the man - rather it will be like "C/3: Infantry Platoon HQ" and you can see how many men are in there currently etc.

True, we didn't have a thread specific to AB but general about WEGO and RTwP wargames

ut 

14 hours ago, DougPhresh said:

I would pay at least $100 for SPMBT in the CM engine.

I mean I'd definitely be interested too -- I'd love a 3d SP (the WW2 one is also very good). Yet, is the CM engine good for SP? SP has always been a you-go-I-go hex-game. If you made SP we-go/RT, like CM is, it wouldn't be SP. One of the benefits of 2d, is that it's easier to make sprites than 3d models and the hex-grid also simplifies map making. One of the reasons SP games have SO MUCH content.

... did someone say Fulda Gap?