Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Inf getting mauled...(Help) Please

Guest PopFreak11

Guest PopFreak11

Map was First clash at cambes

Ok, What am I doing wrong? I have inf in most buildings including multiple storied ones.

My 3 trucked towed inf guns got demolished right off the bat as I was trying to set them up, They got hit with everything you can think of.

My armor, jeez, only managed to get a couple of tanks. I soon found out why the flak guns were there, unfortunatly they along with 2 of my tanks got taken out by allied tanks, then out of know where I see this huge explosion and the biggest damn shell hole I've ever seen landing right between my last 2 tanks immobolizing 1 of them.

Then the other one got knocked out by tank fire. The next turn the allied aircraft finished off the immolbolized Panzer IV with what i assume wes cannon fire. kill report said Top armor penetration.

With all my AT gone the armor moved in and started spraying buildings with mg fire.

I watched from the very beginning the British troops converge in the forest just outside of town and I timed both battery's of 120mm and 150mm arty to land on top of them. Man, they got decimated. Enough said.......

Which brings me to my biggest problem. Why in the world would any ifantry unit thats on hide and in range of co open fire on a sherman or FireFly at 500+ meters??

Then all the tanks would converge on his fire and decimate them.

At anyrate this game rocks. Unfortunatly I've never tried PBEM(I dont have the patience for it)and unless TCP/IP comes out I feel I may lose interest with the AI.

I am a long time CC2 player but CM is a great substitute.

Question, Will future editions of CM ever get to the point thats it real time in the same sence that CC2 is? or will it always remain the orders then combat phase?

Thanks BattleFront, BTS, and everyone else thats named in the manual.

Pop

Mike Klopf

PopFreak11,

remove the spoiler material, please.

Do a search. The question re realtime has been answered numerous times. Basically the answer is No.

The reason?

Because detailed command of 100 men in realtime is very UNrealistic. As a company commander you'd realistically have little or no control over most of your forces once battle is joined. Platoon/squad leaders would than have the control, and hopefully they'd carry out the orders you gave them BEFORE battle was joined.

It might be fun, but when several military units are involved, real-time = time for the unreal. wink.gif

Sten

------------------

Keep your whisky on the rocks and your tanks on the roll.

I'm far enough into the scenario that you didn't give anything away, but in the future, put SPOILER in the header if you are going to put scenario specific info in the post.

To answer a couple of your questions:

Your infantry may have fired on the tank because there was infantry riding on it. I don't know if this is the case, but it sounds likely.

Will CM become RTS? Well, if you search, you will find the answer in painful detail, but the short answer is.... no.