Still Playing CMBO?

Not many posts in this forum any more.

I find CMBO is still fun to play. Not as challenging as it's brothers. Calculates fast on slower computers. Looks better and better with new mods.

I renumbered Andrew's BB and AK uniforms to BO and what a difference. The Polygons are not up to newer standards but neither is BB and AK.

Thank you to the people still making mods, mod conversions, and scenarios for CMBO.

There are some out there still playing, myself included. Even without the facelift with some mods, it is worth a game or two. It's great having some allied arty that doesn't take 10+ minutes to arrive. I echo the Thanks to those that keep the mods and scenarios coming!

Guest ExplodingMonkey

I still to this day miss the arty shockwaves from CMBO. :(

I really wish they would have made this a feature in CMBB.

*cough cough*

this CMBO Anonymous?

I still have it on the HD, love it's 'querkyness'- sudden death armour exchanges, infantry still manage to move against long range Mg fire, the Ohh so violent arty, (the real killers).

I admit DL'ing Mike8g's latest conversions, along with Vincent's latest splash, bloody marvelous stuff.

I've completely gutted the original bmps, modded MikeyD's farm and barn, the terrain looks damn good against BB and AK. Its amazing just how much stuff can be ported back from its later sisters, and the bmp folder is only 250MB! for backing up to CD.

I still think the mods done for BO are are some of the best you can find on the CM series, especially the Allied armour.

..so yup, I still play BO :D

Still playing, still designing. I have a new one - Fontaine Henry - currently at the proving grounds, and am putting the finishing touches on another. After I launch the ROW V finals I will begin work on two seperate battle packs (St. Malo and Brest / Crozan).

Not only playing, but have one fellow player that is willing to PBEM with me and is Good so it makes the game challenging and enjoyable. So what more could I ask for other than to find someone else that could play and would want to play vs me.

I still like to add I like the fact that it plays different from cmbb or cmak, if they operated the same then I only have one way to play the game, with the modifications it provides a little difference in how to play your tactics.

aragorn, I believe someone is working on a Magua mod for CMAK.

sly and all, I find the lack of BB AK things like cover arcs, advance, assault, etc to be a good thing. Makes the game easier and faster to play.

EM those shock waves are nice. Especially big arty. I just finished a PBEM where my opponent had 240. Big explosions.

King, Let me know when the St Malo scenario pack comes out, I was recently there and so am interested in the battles around it.

In response to the original question, not so much, as im not very good even with AK and BBs movement improvements, but Bo is still fun with infantry fights....

Kingfish, I appreciate people of your caliber making scenarios for BO.

I don't play CW much.

It does amaze me how far map/scenario design has come since the beginning of BO. Most of the older maps tend to be boardgame flat. As the craft has matured, I hope we see new scenarios from time to time, better than before.

Maybe some remakes should be done with better maps?

I still play BO, too. I have several regular pbem opponents.

BO is just more fun. BB and AK are improved, but there's just something BO has that the others don't.

I love the explosion shockwaves. It's frustrating having to search the map to find where some arty is landing. You can hear the explosions, but you don't know where the shells are landing.

It's also great to have off-map arty that actually lands where you order it. In BB and AK, the shells land so spread out, it's almost pointless to even have it.

If BFC would have modeled the MG suppression properly, I wouldn't have purchased BB or AK.

Well Haven´t played for a long time. Picked it up again. Great fun and the Magua modpack just made my day on modding the terrain. Bunch of old stuff was still on cmmos too. But had to spend quite some time to mod it back to the playing level not having to curse the old school graphs. CMBO: Raw and fun+it´s the one after all smile.gif

LT