Assertion Failed

diegov94

Good night guys,

I have reinstalled my CM games on my new laptop and they were working ok until every one of them is giving me an error every time I launch them, the error is:

"Assertion failed"

Program:....

File C:\edisk\Source\SDK\PC\GS5_lntf.cpp

Line:407

Expression: apis(90)

I have searched on the forum and it seems that someone more had it but I couldn´t find a proper solution, I do not have Hibiki installed. Also I tried reinstalling the games and C++ libraries but it didn´t work. In case a moderator see this, could you please confirm me that my support ticket arrived safely? 

Thanks you for your help

assertion.png

Edited by diegov94

Have you installed something else recently, possibly some programming or debugging tools ? It would seem likely that another piece of software is interfering with their operation since all of the games suddenly have this 'assertion failed' error. The file that is being mentioned in the error is part of the copy-protection system for the CM games, so something is interfering with it.

Just games, they only one that might be strange after CM installation are:

-Visual Studio 2010 tools for Office Runtime(x64)

-Adobe Flash Player Plugin 11

-McAfee LiveSafe

-Microsoft Chart Controls for Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5

-Punkbuster Services

-BattleEye 

But near all of them are installations that came with other games installed

Is McAfee your security program ? Temporarily disable your security software and see if that allow the games to run. If there is no capability of disabling the security software, then make sure to add an exception within it for the game executables and their directories, to prevent the security software from interfering with the games.

Usually if security software is to blame, you would typically see it trying to quarantine the game executables. However some protection strategies may simply interfere with the processes that the games need and potentially make them unable to run (while this security feature is enabled).

It's possible for security software to be updated and suddenly consider something a threat that was previously installed and running.

1 hour ago, diegov94 said:

I have found the issue! It was a preinstalled program called Sonic Suite II. Every time the program is launched CM are unable to start and give me the same error, what could be the cause to this?

That's interesting because I haad the similar problem with a preinstalled program (MSI laptop) called Nahemic which is also a sound program. Seems CM deals with sound in some special ways that causes a conflict and a crash.