how to download

If the file names have a .zip on the end, then they are compressed. Windows should be able to decompress these files by double-clicking on them. Windows then opens up another Explorer file manager window that shows what the files are inside. To decompress the files you can right-click on the .zip file and select 'extract' from the popup menu. If you have a compression program such as WinZip, 7-zip, WinRAR, etc. then double-clicking on the file should open it up in that compression program and allow you to extract the files. You may to create a directory for the original download file and extract to that directory (instead of possibly the Desktop, which can make it a bit messy with the extracted files).

With the files extracted you will want to run the .exe file to execute the setup program. For example the 4.0 Upgrade for CMBS (Black Sea) is 'CMBS_v200_Setup.exe'. Double-clicking on this file should run the setup program. Before doing this you MAY want to temporarily disable your security software since it is possible that the file may get falesly identified as malware (I haven't heard of this in particular with the 4.0 Upgrade programs, but it is always a possibility). During the installation process the installer should present the directory that it will install the files to. This is where you want to make sure that the game files are installed to. Typically it should identify the default directory, but if you haven't used the default, then you will want to direct the installer to where the game is currently installed to.

17 minutes ago, darkdragoon said:

how to use the combine command i tried it when in battle but i was grey why is that also why cannot i try use different months and clothes   

I am not sure I have any idea what you are referring to here.  I suspect English is not your first language.  There are folks here from a lot of places so I'd post in the general forum in your native language and see if someone replies.  It might get you help a lot faster.

first question is how to combine squads 

second squad why cannot i change different months some are lock why is that i thought when you buy the upgrade you would the other months 

third question in quick battle the different camo is locked why is that

forth what will happen to the pre ordered shock 2 will i get a download code to my email or what

Edited by darkdragoon

43 minutes ago, darkdragoon said:

first question is how to combine squads 

You can not combine squads.  You can only combine teams in a squad when it is in a reduced state.

44 minutes ago, darkdragoon said:

second squad why cannot i change different months some are lock why is that i thought when you buy the upgrade you would the other months

What months?  Which game are you referring to?  All games have a limited range of time they cover.  CMBS is maybe 2 months for example

45 minutes ago, darkdragoon said:

third question in quick battle the different camo is locked why is that

No idea and honestly not sure what you are referring to.  I generally don't play quick battles so perhaps someone else can answer

46 minutes ago, darkdragoon said:

forth what will happen to the pre ordered shock 2 will i get a download code to my email or what

I think you get an email, either way on the day it is announced you can go to your account and DL the game.  You may not get a code- you can get that off your account page in fact you can probably get you license code there now.

From the Manual:

When a squad is given the Combine Squad command, the squad will reorganize itself into two teams (if it originally had three teams), and will even out the number of soldiers in each team, moving soldiers from larger teams into smaller teams. Restrictions - can only be given to multi-team Squads that are currently not split. Example - useful for consolidating soldiers in squads that have suffered casualties, keeping the firepower of teams relatively equal.

Consider loading up a tiny quick battle and play a hotseat battle against yourself. Spend your time testing out commands, movement orders, and seeing how the troops react to the battle. 

Edited by Heirloom_Tomato

1 hour ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

From the Manual:

When a squad is given the Combine Squad command, the squad will reorganize itself into two teams (if it originally had three teams), and will even out the number of soldiers in each team, moving soldiers from larger teams into smaller teams. Restrictions - can only be given to multi-team Squads that are currently not split. Example - useful for consolidating soldiers in squads that have suffered casualties, keeping the firepower of teams relatively equal.

Consider loading up a tiny quick battle and play a hotseat battle against yourself. Spend your time testing out commands, movement orders, and seeing how the troops react to the battle. 

thanks for the help

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:59 PM, darkdragoon said:

how to use the combine command i tried it when in battle but i was grey why is that also why cannot i try use different months and clothes   

What, DragoonofDark, is trying to say; "Thanks all for guiding me in the right direction to download and activate the game..."Now that I got the game working, here are some game mechanic questions."

See, Dragoon, a little thanks go a long way :-)

Edited by JoMc67

24 minutes ago, sburke said:

it is daunting starting first time and it is a difficult game to master

Indeed it is.

@darkdragoon, hang in there and (try to) enjoy the experimenting while you learn. I would recommend starting new threads in the game forums and not the tech support forum for questions you hit about game behaviour.

You can also use google search to search the forum (often I find the built in search poor). In google's search window type:

site:community.battlefront.com combine squad command

Just as an example.

2 hours ago, IanL said:

Indeed it is.

@darkdragoon, hang in there and (try to) enjoy the experimenting while you learn. I would recommend starting new threads in the game forums and not the tech support forum for questions you hit about game behaviour.

You can also use google search to search the forum (often I find the built in search poor). In google's search window type:

site:community.battlefront.com combine squad command

Just as an example.

Agreed all above and as @Heirloom_Tomatoshowed in his post - the manual contains some useful information.

30 minutes ago, darkdragoon said:

i was playing scenario editor is there any way to make fog of war.

The game makes it automatically.....When you play your units can only see what they can see. 

How exactly that is displayed to you depends on your difficulty setting.  I recommend starting with Iron Mode, theoretically the most difficult, actually no different to any other.....But what it does do is demonstrate how information is shared between units up & down the chain of command.  Understanding that is a key element of learning the CM games.

If you mean can you hide the terrain.....No.  Maps were invented a very long time ago and the game reflects that.  However a cunning designer can hide things in the terrain.

PS - Welcome to the battlefield.....Bravo on opening the editor too!  B)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

3 hours ago, darkdragoon said:

how to medic in final blitzkrieg  

Mate you really need to read the manual - while people here will help, these kind of basic gameplay questions are going to get a bit irritating. Anyway here is your answer (from page 36 of the Engine 4 manual (my bold for emphasis)):

'Incapacitated soldiers (red soldier base) can be given first-aid by their comrades, which is called “Buddy Aid”. There is no Command for this action, rather it happens automatically when a friendly soldier (regardless if he is from the same squad or not) is moved close to the location of an incapacitated comrade. Depending on the situation (incoming fire etc.) the soldier may decide to treat the wounded man. The word “medic” is displayed in the status field. The player can abort the treatment at any time by giving the parent unit that the medic belongs to any kind of Command. The medic may decide to abort the treatment himself as well if there is significant incoming fire.

Once treatment for a incapacitated soldier is complete, the wounded soldier will disappear from the Game Area.'

9 hours ago, darkdragoon said:

how to medic in final blitzkrieg  

Below is a link to a post in a thread that talks about Buddy Aid in detail to include how the AAR points work.  The specific posts describes a drill/SOP to encourage a team to Buddy Aid a casualty.  The entire thread has information on Buddy Aid scattered throughout.   

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/125985-buddy-aid/?do=findComment&comment=1730313

Edited by MOS:96B2P