Modules question

I see that there is an AAR for a battle that includes british and german units on the forum. Does it mean that all the modules that SF1 had are being worked on alongside the base game and will be released at the same time?

I have all the modules for SF1, the base game was good on its own, but with the addition of all the modules, it became incredible.

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Oh yeh, all the module stuff has been thoroughly reworked from top to bottom. Just yesterday I passed off brand new Dutch uniform textures.

'New look' for CM downloads, I think, is you get all of the game in the download. 'Purchasing a module' means you're given a key to unlock what's already sitting there in the game.

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

'New look' for CM downloads, I think, is you get all of the game in the download. 'Purchasing a module' means you're given a key to unlock what's already sitting there in the game.

Wouldn't this technically enable you to play base game against opponents with module content, since the save file won't error out because of missing models and stuff?

Actually, I vaguely recall BFC toyed with  that idea of players paying against dissimilar modules. I only saw it mentioned once, though, then the idea was either dropped or forgotten or hit a technical brick wall. Or maybe they just figured that would be giving too much 'free stuff' away. Add that to the list of 'coming soon' items that turned out to be unfeasible when they tried coding it.

If the files are there, the game has to manually check if the client opening the file has all the licenses required for each unit. From there it'd be a matter of making the check only for the side whose turn it is instead of going through all the units on the battlefield. But yeah, as you said they've probably considered it and did whatever they figured would be best for them.