John McCain - RIP

sburke

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

I think they mentioned that in his eulogy.

LOL Wasn't that what Bush was saying to Michelle Obama "Hey here is a candy, by the way did you know General Jack Ripper once voted for him?"

More seriously -  Renee Fleming.  Cindy McCain is strong, I think I'd have been bawling my eyes out during this.  We played a version for my Father's service.  Tear jerker of a song

RIP to a true man of honor even if that meant not toeing the party line - never afraid to correct outright lies falsehoods and smears even against his opponents.

Respected even by his N Vietnamese captors to this day, and as was noted as the son of a Rear Admiral he could have secured release after a year. Ibstead he wouldnt leave his comrades behind and stayed another 5 years in hell for it.

It boils my blood that a man who said STDS during the era of free love was "his Vietnam" had the nerve to insult McCains service and courage. 

I truly feel for his family and Im truly saddened that our country has become so damned divided that his death wasnt even enough to get certain people to show some respect.