Thanks, guys! They are basically tests to see how the patches would look. I did two versions (obviously) the subdued version, in use at the time and the classic version to add some color to the mix.

54 minutes ago, sburke said:

Sweet, so when do we get to the Marine Corps? 😁

Page 2, along with the British. You even commented on the first Marine that I made. You are slipping in your dotage.

Mord.

20 minutes ago, sburke said:

So our mods are transgender?

Basically. Under every Marine/Army/British tanker there is a woman waiting to get out.

I already have an armored battalion in the test! But yeah I started dicking with battalion patches in December. I have the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Divs + battalions all waiting. Really what I need to know is a list of what divisions will go into SF2 and I can do the rest. I was going to do them all but that would be really stupid LOL.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

Divisions as in Army divisions?

based on a cursory view of deployments these should be definite 1st, 2nd, 3rd,  4th, 25th,  82nd, 101st and 1st Cav

potential unit’s that I see did brigade scale deployment to Iraq 34th and 36th. Not sure if there are others 

still looking through but in regards to your question of Stryker versus armored etc. I think that isn’t as relevant. With the cross attaching of units in current brigade structure you are probably better off having each portrait for each army division. The divisions operate more as a HQ with brigades of different types added depending on mission and availability. 

Edited by sburke

Marine divisions and I'll just do the battalions for each. But really both, Marine and Army. I don't need all the gobble-de-goop for the Army 'cause it'll drive me crazy.

For the Army what I need is a list like this (and whether it's Infantry, Stryker, Armor, Heavy or a combination of them)

So an example:

1st ID   Stryker Infantry

2nd ID Heavy, Armor

101st  Infantry, Stryker Infantry etc.

Marines I just need the div and whether it's Armor or Infantry. I'll find all the battalions easy enough. The game only has two options for portraits so it'll be cut and dry as to what goes with what.

And then any "special" formations and whether they are Infantry etc.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

6 minutes ago, Mord said:

Marine divisions and I'll just do the battalions for each. But really both, Marine and Army. I don't need all the gobble-de-goop for the Army 'cause it'll drive me crazy.

For the Army what I need is a list like this (and whether it's Infantry, Stryker, Armor, Heavy or a combination of them)

So an example:

1st ID   Stryker Infantry

2nd ID Heavy, Armor

101st  Infantry, Stryker Infantry etc.

Marines I just need the div and whether it's Armor or Infantry. I'll find all the battalions easy enough. The game only has two options for portraits so it'll be cut and dry as to what goes with what.

Mord.

See edited comments in my post.  I’ll leave it to actual service members to correct where I have totally screwed up 

7 minutes ago, Mord said:

See edited comments in which post?

Mord.

2 posts up. Essentially I think the WW2 perspective of infantry vs armored divisions etc is something you need to toss. It isn’t how the army organizes. If you do infantry, armor, heavy infantry and Stryker for each division you are effectively covered. A HQ can have any type brigade attached. 

As for Marines. Same deal. If you have the battalion units the armor would in most cases be the attached armor for the battalion landing team so I wouldn’t think you’d need to worry about a separate armor unit.  With CM formations generally being battalion scale this actually works rather appropriately. A Marine tank battalion deploying as a battalion is rare. Typically you have a platoon and maybe a company attached to an infantry battalion. Again I may get slapped by a vet and told I don’t know my arse from a hole in the ground. 

Edited by sburke

52 minutes ago, sburke said:

With the cross attaching of units in current brigade structure you are probably better off having each portrait for each army division.

THAT is all I needed to know on that! FINALLY. I understand it.

Essentially I think the WW2 perspective of infantry vs armored divisions etc is something you need to toss.

Yeah, I'd already flushed that down the toilet. Just didn't realize the above. Which simplifies it IMMENSELY.

As for Marines. Same deal. If you have the battalion units the armor would in most cases be the attached armor for the battalion landing team so I wouldn’t think you’d need to worry about a separate armor unit.

Ok so, say I make a 1st Marines (Infantry), 2nd battalion portrait, I do one with for the Infantry and one for Armor and all is good, right?

EDITED: And so you know I am going to give you a few choices. A big division background and a big division background with small battalion patch. I could even go big battalion background as well.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

3 minutes ago, Mord said:

THAT is all I needed to know on that! FINALLY. I understand it.

Yeah, I'd already flushed that down the toilet. Just didn't realize the above. Which simplifies it IMMENSELY.

Ok so, say I make a 1st Marines (Infantry), 2nd battalion portrait, I do one with for the Infantry and one for Armor and all is good, right?

Mord.

Yep, the armor would be attached to the battalion landing team. So yes all good

3 minutes ago, sburke said:

Yep, the armor would be attached to the battalion landing team. So yes all good

HOLY S***! UNDERSTANDING! I feel like that MFin' monkey in 2001!

Now, all I need is a list of the Marine divs.

Mord.

27 minutes ago, Mord said:

HOLY S***! UNDERSTANDING! I feel like that MFin' monkey in 2001!

Now, all I need is a list of the Marine divs.

Mord.

I would t even bother with Marine divisions. Just use the battalion units 

but just for grins 1st - 4th Marine divisions but you need to know which Marine regiments belong to which division. Again I wouldn’t even do divisions. 

Edited by sburke

10 minutes ago, sburke said:

but just for grins 1st - 4th Marine divisions but you need to know which Marine regiments belong to which division. Again I wouldn’t even do divisions. 

So, all 12 battalions from the 1st-4th Marine Divisions?

So, what regiments do I need. I am gonna guess three of them because I just found the 1st Marine Regiment and it has four Battalions.

Mord.

1 minute ago, Mord said:

So, all 12 battalions from the 1st-4th Marine Divisions?

So, what regiments do I need. I am gonna guess three of them because I just found the 1st Marine Regiment and it has four Battalions.

Mord.

If you really want to go there here are the 4 Marine divisions. You can click on each one to get their component units including regiments 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Marine_Corps_divisions

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:27 AM, Mord said:

LOL. I thought you said I needed to know what regiments went with what?

So, you were just saying ALL I need are the 12 battalions?

GD this is confusing! LOL. 

Mord.

Lol I think you are the one making it confusing by trying to use division elements in the portrait for Marines. Yes I would only use the battalion.  The only reason I brought up the regiments is if you use the division emblem you need to know which battalion belongs to which division. So the 1/6th belongs to the 2nd Marine division.      

But yeah I would only do the battalions and skip the divisional portion of the portrait. An MEU deploys with a battalion landing team which is a full combined arms unit. Just use the battalion portrait and you are good to go.....until some Marine comes along and says wtf are you thinking. The MEU is also a standard formation in CMSF. 

Edited by sburke

1 minute ago, sburke said:

Lol I think you are the one making it confusing by trying to use division elements in the portrait for Marines. Yes I would only use the battalion.  The only reason I brought up the regiments is if you use the division emblem you need to know which batallion belongs to which division. So the 1/6th belongs to the 2nd Marine division.

Yeah, I'd already gotten past the division part it was the regiment thing that threw me off. And holy crap, there's no way I am tackling them! LOL. I took a look at them and that was a rabbit hole full of tears and despair! There's no way they'd all be in SF2 anyhow. THANK the modding gods!

Mord.

1 hour ago, sburke said:

Oh and one other thing there are 32 battalions not 12. 😭

Still better than those regiments. All 32 battalions would be in SF2? Man, that's a s***load of men for one country.

Mord.

Depends on what the player is doing. A lot of CMSF2 stuff is done around Iraq and Afghanistan. All of those battalions have served in at least one if not both of those places in more than 1 tour. 

As an example I am toying with a fictional US intervention in Yemen in 2008. At the time the 26th MEU was actually in the gulf of Aden  with the 2/6th Marines. 

Edited by sburke