Modules and PBEM

How do the modules work with PBEM? If I have NATO (if only for the Marder 😎) and my buddy is an anglophile and has the British module to get his Earl Grey fix, can we play a PBEM where my Panzergrenadiere give a Royal beatdown?

Or would we be limited to the content that we both have access to?

I only stumbled on this a few months ago, but if you're playing someone with different modules and you're worried about what's compatible and what's not (ie. IIRC US armoured trucks are part of the British Forces module, not stock Shock Force), then you can check what units come from which module by pressing spacebar in the Quick Battle force selection menu:

Untitled.thumb.png.c57415a3ddca696e9a9f743c8cf412b0.png

Edited by Hapless

I have not personally tried the specific case were both players are trying to use forces their opponent has not licensed. Given that the new game system includes all the content and you have access to what you have licensed the way it works is if I have licensed everything I can include those forces in a game and play them against you, who has not. However a Quick battle where I do not have a license for Nato forces but I do have the British module can I actually start a game British vs German. That is an interesting question. For a scenario it would definatly not work since I could not start it because I don't have the required Nato forces and you could not start it because you do not have the required British forces module.

Seems like this both players missing content is not likely to work.

This rarely comes up since most heavy PBEM players have all the content.

7 hours ago, Hapless said:

then you can check what units come from which module by pressing spacebar in the Quick Battle force selection menu:

Holy crap, that's a nice find Hapless! Very cool. LOL. Man, every time you think you pretty much know all about CM, it surprises you.

Mord.