Missing Module - Commonwealth Forces

Hello, I hope you can help.

I have CD versions of CM Battle For Normandy, Commonwealth Forces and Battle For Normandy 2.0 upgrade bought and installed some years ago.  Having revisited and renewed my interest in the game over the past few weeks I have purchased the V 3 and V4 upgrade package with Market Garden too.

All was running fine with initial CM Battle for Normandy, Commonwealth forces and V 2.0 running.  All was patched appropriately and in order including CMBN Engine 1 (v1.0 through v1.11) & CMBN Engine 2 (v2.0 through v2.12) - at each stage of the installation and patching installer would report that it was updating both CMBN and Commonwealth Forces.

PROBLEMS STARTED when I upgraded to V3 - my Commonwealth Forces disappeared altogether included Module folder within the files on computer.  Subsequent patches CMBN Engine 3 (v3.0 through v3.12) and then V4 were installed and the page came up to Activate, with codes typed in I got a screen showing that CMBN, V.2, V3 & V4 plus Market Garden were all successfully activated (and do run) however I have completely lost my Commonwealth Forces meaning there are chunks of playability missing from my game.

How do I recover my Commonwealth Forces ? - it is on disc as i say for V1 and re-inserting disc only takes the who game back to V1.11 and I seem to be going round and round in circles.

Please can you help.  Thanks in anticipation.

Stephen

Go into your CMBN Folder and look for the 'Activate New Products', and put in your CW Lic Key...Hopefully, it should give you back all the CW stuff.

Image Attached...

In the Future, you can also Log-In @ Battlefront.com...Go under your Account Purchases (shows you everything you purchased), and click on your CMBN Purchase, and it will bring you to another screen to Download the Complete CMBN Installer (no need to install CD's anymore), then after completion go and activate each Module, and you should be Ok.

Screenshot 2018-08-18 12.19.04.png

Edited by JoMc67

Thanks for that, sadly no joy.  Initially it didn't accept my licence key from the back of the CD box so went through the channel of getting a new licence key and activating but it still only brought up the success screen with CM BN, V2, V3, V4 and Market Garden.  Commonwealth Forces still AWOL.

This computer is about to go out of the window.

Stephen

Did you also try and download the 'CMBN Complete Installer', then use the 'Activate each Product' to see what happens ?

I purchased CMBN CD's since v.1, along with Patches & Upgrades a long time ago (installed them 2-3 times over the yrs)...I remember having a similar issue with CW or MG, but also can't remember what I did to correct it...Just might have been the 'CMBN Complete Installer'.

Edited by JoMc67

3 minutes ago, JoMc67 said:

Did you also try and download the 'CMBN Complete Installer', then use the 'Activate each Product' to see what happens ?

Do that! Absolutely, do that! Much, much, much, much easier on you.

Mord.

47 minutes ago, JoMc67 said:

In the Future, you can also Log-In @ Battlefront.com...Go under your Account Purchases (shows you everything you purchased), and click on your CMBN Purchase, and it will bring you to another screen to Download the Complete CMBN Installer

Mord.

I don't seem to be getting that as only my Version 3 & 4 and Market Garden have been recent Battlefront online purchases, others were on disc way back and not showing on my account.  Don't seem to get access to a Complete CMBN Installer.  Just having a look on tech support in another window.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Stephen

From your Upgrade 4 (mine is for the big bundle but yours could be for just one game) order page - click on the sharefile url01OrderPage.jpg.6dbc7f87e9d110b22f22759aff2a41e4.jpg

Pick the game you want (it is possible that if you just bought one game's upgrade that you will not see this page and go directly to the installers page):

02GamesPage.thumb.jpg.88ff8a7f5bf1ded178ca21b1f0f034b1.jpg

That will show you the installers screen. You want the one that says full for whichever platform you like:

03InstallersPage.thumb.jpg.c602d7b157931184ba4249d71e3c9a0a.jpg

That should take you to the screen where you can download the game:

04DingDing.thumb.jpg.1607c92ffdb43ae3dc68245d26a78225.jpg

I do not even think you have to uninstall what you have. The good thing about this installer is that it will make sure you have all the content on your HD and all you have to do is activate what you purchased (other modules and packs will still be on  your HD but you will not be able to play them - but they will be right there just wanting for you to spend more money) 🙂

I hope that works for you - if not I am sure support can sort out whatever is screwy.

Thanks all for your help, it ended up making sense after going to tech support too I completely uninstalled all CMBN content from my computer and went with a complete fresh install from the V 4.0 Full Windows link.  Activated products and unfortunately only got the screen saying successfully unlocked CMBN, V2.0, V 3.0, V4.0 and Market Garden (I haven't bought vehicle pack etc.).  Still unable to activate my Commonwealth Forces content (only activation code I have is on back of disc case and is saying it's invalid, even asking for one of their new codes from 'offline' button isn't giving me one that unlocks Commonwealth Forces).  Have recontacted 'ticket' support to see if it's possible to get a new licence code to activate this content - certainly not willing to part with more money when I have the disc version in front of me which was working fine until I put on v3.0 upgrade.

Thanks everyone for your guidance, I am totally non-technical minded and am losing the plot with it - even roped in my slightly more technically minded Mrs to help but she is on the verge of lobbing the PC out of the window.  (This is Mrs typing!!).

Stephen and long suffering Mrs.

If it helps the Mrs to know, sometimes keys get corrupted, especially from disk installs.  The Help Desk ought to provide you the license removal/reset tool with instructions on how to reapply afterwards.  Good luck and best wishes for quick resolution.