US AMRY and USMC UNIT MODS

It seems that with each new battlefront website, more and more mods are lost. So if anyone would be kind enough to share any old unit mods for the base game and Marine Corps module that would be a blessing.

P.S.  If anyone has any other cool unit mods to share for any other modules that would be greatly appreciated.

5 hours ago, Erwin said:

I probably have every mod ever made for all CM series games.  If someone wanted to make a dropbox am willing to upload.  Be aware that we are talking several hundred GB.

Are they organized accordingly? If so I'd be willing to work with you.

When you say "organized accordingly"???  :huh:

I have "Z" folders full of mods that I use in my games.  I have folders of mods downloaded but not yet time to check em out and see if I want to use em, and I have a third set of folders of "reject" mods that may be perfectly fine, but I choose not to use.

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

When you say "organized accordingly"???  :huh:

I have "Z" folders full of mods that I use in my games.  I have folders of mods downloaded but not yet time to check em out and see if I want to use em, and I have a third set of folders of "reject" mods that may be perfectly fine, but I choose not to use.

Oh ok I get it. And your z folders go  along with the corresponding combat mission game?

If someone can set up a dropbox sorta thing I can up load any folder they want.  If someone wants everything to create a CMMODS-like respository it may be better for me to put everything I have on a large flash drive and mail it (rather than tie up my internet for hours trying to upload and finding that I get banned or something for overloading the information highway and have NSA and Homeland Security descend on me).

Actually, CMMODS would be the best place for this so that everyone can access the mods.  Maybe you go ask GAJ if he's interested?

23 hours ago, Erwin said:

If someone can set up a dropbox sorta thing I can up load any folder they want.  If someone wants everything to create a CMMODS-like respository it may be better for me to put everything I have on a large flash drive and mail it (rather than tie up my internet for hours trying to upload and finding that I get banned or something for overloading the information highway and have NSA and Homeland Security descend on me).

Actually, CMMODS would be the best place for this so that everyone can access the mods.  Maybe you go ask GAJ if he's interested?

The dropbox is up. Lets do it.

20 hours ago, Mord said:

Don't want to burst your guys' bubble but CMMODs can't handle files that size or the bandwidth it would create if it could. Multi-Gig mod collections are way too much.

That's a shame.  I don't want to have to do this for every individual who wants some old mods.  Is there any other way to upload this someplace once for others to access?

Edited by Erwin

I'd have to check, but I believe most, if not all, of the mods I have for CMSF1 are terrain or building mods. I don't remember any that are specific to Army or Marine Corps units. Of course, that's all dependent on an old man's memory from more than  10-years ago.

Edited by Vet 0369

12 minutes ago, Erwin said:

That's a shame.  I don't want to have to do this for every individual who wants some old mods.  Is there any other way to upload this someplace once for others to access?

Maybe drop box, but unless you pay for bandwidth there'd probably be a cut off per day after a couple DLs. Plus, just uploading multi-Gig files would probably be a VERY slow process. Best to zip them into say less than 100 meg zips and host them there. Do like all uniforms, or vehicles, in one zip, theme them up. That's just my advice. Somebody might have a better suggestion.

Mord.

Well, I suggested that I put everything on a large flash drive and mail em to someone capable of hosting.  As you say I haven't the time to spend hours uploading a ton of stuff - not to mention there may be complaints about me hogging so much bandwidth from servers.  Sometimes when playing CM1 games and exchanging (small by comparison) files they suddenly take a very long time to upload and have wondered if either they are being deliberately slowed or NSA is freaking out cos a game file looks like a very suspicious and very large code being sent (and of course I probably fit the ISIS terrorist profile).

20 hours ago, Erwin said:

Well, I suggested that I put everything on a large flash drive and mail em to someone capable of hosting.  As you say I haven't the time to spend hours uploading a ton of stuff - not to mention there may be complaints about me hogging so much bandwidth from servers.  Sometimes when playing CM1 games and exchanging (small by comparison) files they suddenly take a very long time to upload and have wondered if either they are being deliberately slowed or NSA is freaking out cos a game file looks like a very suspicious and very large code being sent (and of course I probably fit the ISIS terrorist profile).

Well I've got a drobox setup so if you're willing pm me your email then I can allow you to upload files into it. And in all honesty, I'm really only concerned with CMSF 1 mods as those are so hard to come by nowadays. So you needn't worry about sharing mods for every single CM game. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/19/2018 at 2:46 PM, Erwin said:

pm sent 

I too was looking for one of the old US army uniform mods, the one with the dusty 3ID uniforms.  No luck.  I still have a lot of the others though, dusty marines and brits, i think the brits with rolled sleeves as well. Tons of vehicle mods.  Any way you could pm me a dropbox link to the US Army uniforms Erwin?  I would really appreciate it.

If i remember wasn't there a site for CMSF mods on the cmx1 mods site?  I tried to visit it, and get an invalid certificate notice.  Expired or taken down?