CMSF2 Demo

First off - Sorry to anyone who's come here thinking they have released it!!

I just wanted to put my 2c on how much I'm looking forward to the Demo.  I passed on CMSF the first time. It was so different to the WW2 CMx1 titles I was used to. Also, the new controls and the fact I didn't have any knowledge on the modern weapons meant it just got lost on me.  But all the talk about 'spys', IEDs, VBIEDS, technicals makes me feel that I've missed out on some really unique features. I'm really interested to see how they 'play out' in a scenario and how much of a different challenge it is. I'm sure I'm not alone in this experience.

So my one humble request would be to include some of the unique feature set of CMSF2 in the demo please. :)

Edited by weta_nz

Agreed -  I was missing the correct terminology 'asymmetrical warfare' and 'unconventional forces'.

As a game  - who wouldn't want to play as the underdog freedom fighters against the big bad USA/Nato invasion force and give them a bloody nose.....Just kidding guys!!

I guess the experience might be a bit like picking the Italian army in CMFI where you definitely notice a difference.

YES!  Looking forward to the MOUT operations, where the fighters and uncons can be a tough nut to crack.  The things I loved about shock force was the uncons, and that the better equipped Syrian units could still make you feel some pain if you didn't cross your T's and dot your i's.  Very much looking forward to the possibilities of the new release on the upgraded engine.

6 hours ago, weta_nz said:

all the talk about 'spys', IEDs, VBIEDS, technicals makes me feel that I've missed out on some really unique features. I'm really interested to see how they 'play out' in a scenario and how much of a different challenge it is.

Yep.  Some very cool features in CMSF.  Below are some screenshots (with mods) of the unique features from the old CMSF1.  I can't wait to see the updated look for CMSF2. 

8Wmbo5Eh.jpg

GndRVWHh.jpg

cQacZWbh.jpg

amZ8Tsih.jpg

C1Wa1Zdh.jpg

WstBdufh.jpg

Four different size of IED and a combatant group. 

QF8DC23h.jpg

VBIED.  Look in the back seat 😎.

ZXSlBCah.jpg

5NSS9MPh.jpg

Spy forward observer. .

S3L1Ljgh.jpg

Edited by MOS:96B2P

4 minutes ago, boche said:

That Adidas wearing Uncon pic is top notch jajajaja that mod has to be put into CMSF2! 

Looking forward to getting my hands on some CMSF2, will bring back great memories ^^

It would need to be redone as there are new models, but yeah it looks really cool. 

We called the flat-top versions "fish heads" when I was around seven, back in 76. They went for five bucks a pair and only came in black or white. By the time I was 16 (in 85) all the punks and skaters drove the prices (at least for high-tops) through the roof. They were going for 30 bucks and you could find them in just about any color you could imagine.  The 80s really made Converse.

Mord.

A few years back I was in Seoul on business.  My wife had come and her mother and sister from Japan hooked up with us.  So here we are in the street scene in Seoul just me and my mother in law.  Across the street is this high end converse store so to practice my pitiful little bit of Japanese we had a conversation about how when I was young those were the inexpensive brand that is now ridiculously over priced.

11 minutes ago, sburke said:

A few years back I was in Seoul on business.  My wife had come and her mother and sister from Japan hooked up with us.  So here we are in the street scene in Seoul just me and my mother in law.  Across the street is this high end converse store so to practice my pitiful little bit of Japanese we had a conversation about how when I was young those were the inexpensive brand that is now ridiculously over priced.

Everything in Seoul is overpriced. Especially if it is foreign.

19 minutes ago, sburke said:

how when I was young those were the inexpensive brand that is now ridiculously over priced. 

Yep, nothing but rubber and canvas, wouldn't even make it through a school year. Amazing what trends can do for something's worth.

Mord.

22 hours ago, Mord said:

We called the flat-top versions "fish heads" when I was around seven, back in 76. They went for five bucks a pair and only came in black or white. By the time I was 16 (in 85) all the punks and skaters drove the prices (at least for high-tops) through the roof. They were going for 30 bucks and you could find them in just about any color you could imagine.  The 80s really made Converse.

Mord.

Dam Mord, you make me feel dam old, I was in the Marines in 76 :P

6 hours ago, JohnO said:

Dam Mord, you make me feel dam old, I was in the Marines in 76 :P

We are all getting older, brother! Just some of us quicker than others LOL. I am staring down the short barrel looking at fifty. Mentally, I still feel like I am twelve. My friends and family would agree.

Mord.

On August 19, 2018 at 5:31 PM, Mord said:

We are all getting older, brother! Just some of us quicker than others LOL. I am staring down the short barrel looking at fifty. Mentally, I still feel like I am twelve. My friends and family would agree.

Mord.

When asked by my manager at work why I laughed so much, I told her "You need to act your shoe size instead of your age. You'll have a lot more fun!" It still applies.🤓