Jump to content

Ooooh... Aaaaah... CMSF2 homepage is up!


Recommended Posts

I may be wrong, but Iirc that was because preordering the physical copy got one the download as well and the early notice. Of course it always took only 5 minutes before someone who got the early notice to post on the forums the game was available for download to everyone . :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Careful, there are a few here who are going to take this seriously! 😂 For what it's worth, I'm a big fan of your business model. Yeah, it's not the most flashy, and deadlines are more vague tha

Something interesting to peruse. The CMSF2 home page is up with lots and lots of screenshots! You click on each module or basegame to get the appropriate screenshots of each. Now to pick the appropria

for those like me that weren't sure where to find em   https://www.battlefront.com/shock-force-2/cmsf2-base-game/?tab=screens

9 hours ago, Mord said:

Cut and paste mistakes or unintentional bones?

"Supported for the long haul with patches, upgrades, and expansions"

"On map mortars, mortar vehicles, drones, anti-aircraft fire, and other modern warfare features"

LOL I guess you are going to have to wait and see what typos Steve corrects and what secret bones he leaves in :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Typos will be fixed later on today.  There's only so m any times one can look at something and still find mistakes!  Unfortunately for me, my HTML editor's spell checker isn't so hot.

Steve

My last 37 years of work were as a technical writer of aircraft engine manuals and U.S. Government regulations, so I learned to keep a spellchecker on a shelf over my computer. I like to call it a "Dictionary." 🙄 I learned to NEVER trust an electronic spellchecker. They are NEVER 100% foolproof because we fools are so ingenious!

Don't feel badly about missing spelling errors either. You're one person and probably don't have a proofreader. It always helps to be able to give the text to a coworker to scan. I gave everything I wrote to a coworker for a "sanity" check before I sent it to an editor or lawyer, and I'd do the same for them. Errors and mistakes happen. As long as they don't change the intent, only grammar NAZIs care about them.

Edited by Vet 0369
Link to post
Share on other sites

On this page-    https://www.battlefront.com/shock-force-2/cmsf2-marines-module/?tab=toe

the following sentence appears- Below is a list that highlights the new units and equipment that Gustav Line has to offer.

No doubt a cut and paste that didn't get edited. 

Anyway, I'm happy to see that the game is getting ever closer. Rock on, Battlefront!

 

Edited by A co
Contraction.
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, L0ckAndL0ad said:

I suspect there ain't going to be an update option for the localized versions of CMSF1, right?

Hiya!  Good to see you and hope life is going well for you.

Localized versions were done by Paradox.  We offer a license conversion for the Base Game, which will be visible after release.  The Modules should all be from us, though, and we didn't localize any of them.  So those license keys will work no problem.

Plus, you're a special case and so this doesn't really matter for you anyway.  After release PM me and I'll take care of this for you.  You earned a little special attention ;)

5 hours ago, Sequoia said:

Download only pre-orders? Is this a first?

It is!  The new system allows us the ability to do preorder downloads than the old system.  Plus, now that we aren't including a special limited edition print manual as we once did, there's no special incentive attached to physical orders.

3 hours ago, McMortison said:

Allready own CMSF but decided to go "full monty" anyway and preorderd the big bundle. My way to say "thank you" Battlefront 🙂

Nice!  Thanks right back at you.

Steve

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

Don't feel badly about missing spelling errors either.

Oh, I don't!  I still brag about how I scored the lowest on the 6th grade standardized spelling test.  I was an under-achiever before there was a Bart Simpson!

2 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

You're one person and probably don't have a proofreader.

Actually, I have a gaggle of proofreaders in the form of our testers.  The problem is that after a while I revise things so many times their eyes glaze over like mine do.  Plus, I tend to do editing right up until something goes live, which doesn't give anybody a chance to flag my mistakes.  You fine folks, on the other hand, do an excellent job :D

Steve

Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome

I cannot wait for the rebirth of CMSF 

Its the one set I never did own. So getting a update and making it all available is a dream come true for me.

Once cmbs was out and I spent time with it, I realized how much more I enjoyed the modern battlefield, thought about going back and picking up the old cmsf but decided I was spoiled with the new engine and would just wait for the discussed possible update.

So its almost here, My money is ready to support your efforts. 

I am glad BF keeps doing what they do and they have the ability to tune out the whiners they have to deal with. 

You do a great job of keeping your standards high and doing things the right way.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC the US light infantry battalion (which I think  airborne units had the same organization) was introduced with the British module and simply call the IBCT. Was that right? Will it still be in the British module (along with the US truck apparently).

Edited by Sequoia
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, US Army IBCT (Infantry Brigade Combat Team) is a part of the British Forces Module.  Yes, standard "leg" infantry, airborne, and mountain divisions/brigades used the same TO&E as a basis, though there were, and no doubt are now more, exceptions to those rules.

TO&E is listed for each release.  Here's the British Forces page:

https://www.battlefront.com/shock-force-2/cmsf2-british-forces-module/?tab=toe

Steve

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Shilka and Uncon ZU-23-2 AA trucks are a terror to roaming airpower. Plus AA missile manpads are in the game now.

Oh, now that I think of it, I don't know if US is fielding Stinger AA missiles or not. I'll have to ask around. AA defense has been deemphasized because in theory the Syrian air force has been knocked out (though for QB play Syrian boasts a strong airpower arm). Syria 2007 is not Ukraine 2017 air threat-wise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

Yes, Shilka and Uncon ZU-23-2 AA trucks are a terror to roaming airpower. Plus AA missile manpads are in the game now.

Oh, now that I think of it, I don't know if US is fielding Stinger AA missiles or not. I'll have to ask around. AA defense has been deemphasized because in theory the Syrian air force has been knocked out (though for QB play Syrian boasts a strong airpower arm). Syria 2007 is not Ukraine 2017 air threat-wise.

2

Well, this is NEWS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sequoia said:

I'm a little confused in that in the TO&E section now the non-heavy US formations are also called IBCT. Is that the right nomenclature?

Yup.  Official nomenclature at the time was as follows:

HBCT = Heavy Brigade Combat Team
SBCT = Stryker Brigade Combat Team
IBCT = Infantry Brigade Combat Team

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigade_combat_team

As the above article mentions, the nomenclature changed HBCT to ABCT (Armored Brigade Combat Team) in 2012.

Steve

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Sequoia said:

So shouldn't the initial heading on the TO&E for the US in the base game be SBCT, not IBCT then?

And one additional question if I may: What does the term "placeholder" mean regarding the HBCT ?

Thanks

It means Steve needs to stop answering questions and finish the website :D  Now you know why we'd rather he not spend time on the forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sburke said:

It means Steve needs to stop answering questions and finish the website :D  Now you know why we'd rather he not spend time on the forum.

A very timely topic just came up on my podcast play list (brodcast in March I'm just getting to it now...) "Here’s Why All Your Projects Are Always Late — and What to Do About It"

http://freakonomics.com/podcast/project-management/

I only just started listening to it but there was already a classic line when one of the researchers admitted that she planned to spend 10 minutes getting ready for the interview and ended up spending an hour. Just a reminder to all those people who say "just spend 10min a week writing us an update" that it just doesn't work like that. Steve might like it to help him with planning too :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, IanL said:

A very timely topic just came up on my podcast play list (brodcast in March I'm just getting to it now...) "Here’s Why All Your Projects Are Always Late — and What to Do About It"

http://freakonomics.com/podcast/project-management/

I only just started listening to it but there was already a classic line when one of the researchers admitted that she planned to spend 10 minutes getting ready for the interview and ended up spending an hour. Just a reminder to all those people who say "just spend 10min a week writing us an update" that it just doesn't work like that. Steve might like it to help him with planning too :D

We just got this request at work to ballpark the cost of a project. It is a major project. They said don’t take more than 30 minutes which led to 30 minutes of laughter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, General Jack Ripper said:

I like this bit: NOTE!!!!!!!  Preorders only at this time.  Discounted Upgrades for CMSF1 owners will follow after the game is released, therefore do NOT Preorder if you intend to take advantage of the Upgrades!!

That's the best bit.

Strangely enough, we're pretty adamant about saving you guys money for real by not only making inexpensive Upgrades but also trying our best to make sure you know about them.  According to what we learned at the Capitalist Exploitation seminar (a secret correspondence course put out by Illuminati University) we are only supposed to make it look like you're saving money, while in reality costing you more in the end.  Something about it being the best way to keep the masses complacent and poor.  We keep forgetting about that part.  Probably why Illuminati University flunked us out, refused to give us our secret society rings, and didn't show us the secret handshake.  Dang, and we were SO CLOSE to being part of the world wide elite.  Oh well :)

Seriously, the support for CMSF when it was launched was huge and without it we'd likely not be here today.  The patience (most!) of you showed while the first iteration of the game engine went through major reworking was incredible.  We're humbled that 10 years on the game still has massive support from those who play it.  By game publisher standard operating procedures we should have released only full price CMSF2 products, or at most something like $10 or $15 off.  We're pretty confident that a very large percentage of CMSF1 customers would have repurchased at that price and as a result we'd have turned a normal sized profit from our work.  While there's nothing wrong with profiting (we are, after all, a for profit company!), for this one we felt very strongly that shouldn't be a major goal.  Breaking even is all we're shooting for with Shock Force 2.  Not because we have to, but because we want to.

Steve

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Strangely enough, we're pretty adamant about saving you guys money for real by not only making inexpensive Upgrades but also trying our best to make sure you know about them.  According to what we learned at the Capitalist Exploitation seminar (a secret correspondence course put out by Illuminati University) we are only supposed to make it look like you're saving money, while in reality costing you more in the end.  Something about it being the best way to keep the masses complacent and poor.  We keep forgetting about that part.  Probably why Illuminati University flunked us out, refused to give us our secret society rings, and didn't show us the secret handshake.  Dang, and we were SO CLOSE to being part of the world wide elite.  Oh well :)

Seriously, the support for CMSF when it was launched was huge and without it we'd likely not be here today.  The patience (most!) of you showed while the first iteration of the game engine went through major reworking was incredible.  We're humbled that 10 years on the game still has massive support from those who play it.  By game publisher standard operating procedures we should have released only full price CMSF2 products, or at most something like $10 or $15 off.  We're pretty confident that a very large percentage of CMSF1 customers would have repurchased at that price and as a result we'd have turned a normal sized profit from our work.  While there's nothing wrong with profiting (we are, after all, a for profit company!), for this one we felt very strongly that shouldn't be a major goal.  Breaking even is all we're shooting for with Shock Force 2.  Not because we have to, but because we want to.

Steve

Love you guys :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...