British,German,Canadian,Dutch trucks.

On 8/7/2018 at 8:34 AM, DougPhresh said:

The Canadian army had armoured Mercedes trucks in theatre, but we mostly used Bisons (Like the LAV but without turret) for logistics outside the wire.

I was doing some surfing and in this supposed Syrian war wouldn't the MLVW be in common use?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I used to shoot at PLQ dummies on patrol in drive-by's in the ol' milcots haha

Those silverados are absolute trash. Pretty much every vehicle we have is garbage except the leos and LAV's. Some folks seemed to love the bison and cougar but I never operated with them. Says a lot about us when we take the absolute dumpster fire the government leaves us with, and the magic we work with in in theatre. Meanwhile on exercise nothing works and everyone is miserable.

milcots.jpg

Edited by HunterGathers
additional banter

@Sequoia, are you asking what trucks are included for the Brits and NATO in CMSF2?  It is limited, mostly to light utility vehicles. Looking at the manuals, the British module adds the 2.5-ton M1078 A1 for the US Army.  The British are limited to the TUM, a militarized version of a Land Rover. The Germans, Canadians and Dutch have access to the Wolf/G-Wagen. The only other "general truck" available in the game is the US Marines' Mk23 MTVR. 

Generally, CMSF uses APCs/IFVs for squad transport.  The Germans have the Fuchs, the Canadians have the LAVs, and the Dutch have the YPR.  The Canadians also have access to the Nyala mine-protected vehicle which is capable of carrying 8 soldiers.

Smash, out.

On 11/17/2018 at 11:33 PM, HunterGathers said:

IThose silverados are absolute trash. Pretty much every vehicle we have is garbage except the leos and LAV's. Some folks seemed to love the bison and cougar but I never operated with them. Says a lot about us when we take the absolute dumpster fire the government leaves us with, and the magic we work with in in theatre. Meanwhile on exercise nothing works and everyone is miserable.

Hey man, Ottawa gotta pay that F-35 troll toll.

• 2 weeks later...

Plus, Milcots are fine for driving around up top on base or most of the tracks in the training area. Reservists hate them because they don't have G-Wagons in their motor pool, but if you treat them as a utility vehicle there's not much wrong with them.

I'm sure parts and the like are cheaper this way too, since a civie G-Wagon costs like 100k.

Edited by DougPhresh

On 11/17/2018 at 11:33 PM, HunterGathers said:

I used to shoot at PLQ dummies on patrol in drive-by's in the ol' milcots haha

Those silverados are absolute trash. Pretty much every vehicle we have is garbage except the leos and LAV's. Some folks seemed to love the bison and cougar but I never operated with them. Says a lot about us when we take the absolute dumpster fire the government leaves us with, and the magic we work with in in theatre. Meanwhile on exercise nothing works and everyone is miserable.

milcots.jpg

The US military went through a couple of phases of buying "off the shelf" vehicles in bulk with minimal changes made to them.  It was a fine idea to save money for vehicles and users that would never, ever, in a billion years be deployed off base, it was a horrible idea for all other purposes.  Therefore, it was overall a horrible idea :D

Steve