Jump to content

CMBS bugs - are these fixed in relation to the new CMSF2? ( weapons ports etc )


Recommended Posts

Its great we have a new game CMSF2 coming out

However as it is the same engine as CMBS and many of the same weapons will be used in that

I have to ask have the bugs been fixed for these as are present in CMBS?

and Is CMBS going to be patched?

How many of these  weapons systemsare going over to CMSF2?

 

 

Observations from extensive play testing and many ladder games of CMBS since it was released

Take this on board when playing CMSF2

 

USA vehicles 

M1167 Humvee

Must be manually shot - TOW doesn't engage enemy vehicles

 

M1 Tank inconsistent behavior 

With Crack crew and high morale +2 ldr

MI spotted Enemy Rpg unit - M1 fired at them killing one and the Russian survivor ran away

But Tank spends the whole game panicked

M1 runs away from everything whole game - its a joke

In other games I take M1 and it's hit by 5 AT 13s and multiple RPGs etc keeps on going

Morale is fine - they are running same setup as previous example

Has happened in a few games

 

Another game  my M1 is hit in same place - upper front turret just once by At13 and they bail

Its really inconsistent crew behavior sometimes / damage application

I do not use APS on M1 as I find it too over powered and unrealistic

 

I've seen my opponents M1 defeat 11+ AT14 and At13 shots shots with APS after being frontally Armour stripped from my 120mm Artillery and AA Tunguska fire 

The APS still works

 


Russian - Ukraine Kit

 

BRDM 2 (AT-5B)       

Doesn't shoot

( There needs to be a setup where the crew maybe get out - one observes ? the other is in car )

The whole thing doesn't work

Its like the US Humvee TOW

 

Russia Missing there heavy Mg  equivalent  12.7×108mm NSV and KORD ( used in Syria )

Also KORD .50cal

No Modern Russian sniper rifles  -  eg OSV-96 or SVLK-14 Sumrak Twilight (Also Used in Syria )

 

 

Man Portable AT Missile Problems

 

AT13  At 14  AT7 and Skiff  etc  randomly just fly in random bizarre directions

Have used in all terrains

This is constantly occuring

In Open areas with no obstruction to break wire etc

It happens frequently and makes taking AT Infantry vs Tanks in open areas pointless

it happens often making it pointless taking AT weapons only unless in built up areas
You just use RPGs ( most reliable in the game engine )


I see Crews with AT 13 AT7 etc launcher also ran back and forth in building trying to Target tank which was clear to shoot St with Blue Los and lots of windows

They did this for 4 minutes - 4 times after stopping them after each minute

They were spotted and died

Has happened many times - yes i've read heated discussions over AI path mapping etc on this forums but this is shooting

 

Ukraine Corsar randomly goes off in weird directions also

Crew are not suppressed
Doesn't happen as much but happens more then it should
I have games where they work ok and others where every shot missed fired from multiple units

Same Crew experience

 

Russian Grenade Launcher single guy ( unit ) has launcher and cannot deploy

 

He cannot move after his final move point ends

Ukraine And Russian vehicles and in one case a US Bradley

Just sit and stare at enemy and don't shoot ( yes im aware it happens randomly as they dropped there smokes or drink ) but sometimes its just stupid

 
Biggest disappointment is RPO-A and M Shmel
I took 15 units of these in one urban fight
2 units fired the whole game as squads who were crack or vet panicked when shot at or never fired when not being shot at
was a joke
They just sat and watched enemy
They had great  command etc high motivation
Of the two who fired minimal effect on building
They should vapourise people inside building and set it on fire
Instead tiny bit of flame and 1-2 guys of enemy 5 man team died and they were shot back at from inside building and they died
 
As a general comment 
I've been playing ladder games with CMBS for a long time
Players have been leaving/dropping off our ladder group due to the general bugs with no updates and overpowered US gear and M1 issues
Its either super over powered or just stupid with panic etc
 
Those of us who still play generally only play Russia vs Ukraine games now as a result of the US imbalance

I try to use different Setups as a top player to challenge myself
but with the AT bugs as i discussed I have to take tanks now with AT weapons being very unreliable
Russian kit needs to be updated also
 
It will be interesting to see how this all works in CMSF2 if its being ported over from CMBS
 
Especially with AT weapons as they have done considerable damage in Syria vs Armour
How this game shows it will be interesting vs CMBS

I support battlefront having bought CM since it was first made but bugs are bugs and I hope these are sorted for CMSF2
Appreciate it if CMBS is also fixed in the process
 
Cheers
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, sburke said:

But I generally play more infantry heavy engagements, not armor.

That generally makes things a bit more playable.....For me the biggest offender is not the Abrams, it's the Bradley.  After pounding them with multiple 122mm precision munitions and still having them beat T-90As to the shot/kill in 'Galloping Horse Downfall', I'm of the opinion that they too all seeing and quite are a bit too tough (as opposed to Abrams which is just too all seeing IMHO).  ;)

Just my opinion, FWIW.  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:26 AM, GAZ NZ said:

Its great we have a new game CMSF2 coming out

However as it is the same engine as CMBS and many of the same weapons will be used in that

I have to ask have the bugs been fixed for these as are present in CMBS?

and Is CMBS going to be patched?

How many of these  weapons systemsare going over to CMSF2?

 

 

Observations from extensive play testing and many ladder games of CMBS since it was released

Take this on board when playing CMSF2

 

USA vehicles 

M1167 Humvee

Must be manually shot - TOW doesn't engage enemy vehicles

 

M1 Tank inconsistent behavior 

With Crack crew and high morale +2 ldr

MI spotted Enemy Rpg unit - M1 fired at them killing one and the Russian survivor ran away

But Tank spends the whole game panicked

M1 runs away from everything whole game - its a joke

In other games I take M1 and it's hit by 5 AT 13s and multiple RPGs etc keeps on going

Morale is fine - they are running same setup as previous example

Has happened in a few games

 

Another game  my M1 is hit in same place - upper front turret just once by At13 and they bail

Its really inconsistent crew behavior sometimes / damage application

I do not use APS on M1 as I find it too over powered and unrealistic

 

I've seen my opponents M1 defeat 11+ AT14 and At13 shots shots with APS after being frontally Armour stripped from my 120mm Artillery and AA Tunguska fire 

The APS still works

 


Russian - Ukraine Kit

 

BRDM 2 (AT-5B)       

Doesn't shoot

( There needs to be a setup where the crew maybe get out - one observes ? the other is in car )

The whole thing doesn't work

Its like the US Humvee TOW

 

Russia Missing there heavy Mg  equivalent  12.7×108mm NSV and KORD ( used in Syria )

Also KORD .50cal

No Modern Russian sniper rifles  -  eg OSV-96 or SVLK-14 Sumrak Twilight (Also Used in Syria )

 

 

Man Portable AT Missile Problems

 

AT13  At 14  AT7 and Skiff  etc  randomly just fly in random bizarre directions

Have used in all terrains

This is constantly occuring

In Open areas with no obstruction to break wire etc

It happens frequently and makes taking AT Infantry vs Tanks in open areas pointless

it happens often making it pointless taking AT weapons only unless in built up areas
You just use RPGs ( most reliable in the game engine )


I see Crews with AT 13 AT7 etc launcher also ran back and forth in building trying to Target tank which was clear to shoot St with Blue Los and lots of windows

They did this for 4 minutes - 4 times after stopping them after each minute

They were spotted and died

Has happened many times - yes i've read heated discussions over AI path mapping etc on this forums but this is shooting

 

Ukraine Corsar randomly goes off in weird directions also

Crew are not suppressed
Doesn't happen as much but happens more then it should
I have games where they work ok and others where every shot missed fired from multiple units

Same Crew experience

 

Russian Grenade Launcher single guy ( unit ) has launcher and cannot deploy

 

He cannot move after his final move point ends

Ukraine And Russian vehicles and in one case a US Bradley

Just sit and stare at enemy and don't shoot ( yes im aware it happens randomly as they dropped there smokes or drink ) but sometimes its just stupid

 
Biggest disappointment is RPO-A and M Shmel
I took 15 units of these in one urban fight
2 units fired the whole game as squads who were crack or vet panicked when shot at or never fired when not being shot at
was a joke
They just sat and watched enemy
They had great  command etc high motivation
Of the two who fired minimal effect on building
They should vapourise people inside building and set it on fire
Instead tiny bit of flame and 1-2 guys of enemy 5 man team died and they were shot back at from inside building and they died
 
As a general comment 
I've been playing ladder games with CMBS for a long time
Players have been leaving/dropping off our ladder group due to the general bugs with no updates and overpowered US gear and M1 issues
Its either super over powered or just stupid with panic etc
 
Those of us who still play generally only play Russia vs Ukraine games now as a result of the US imbalance

I try to use different Setups as a top player to challenge myself
but with the AT bugs as i discussed I have to take tanks now with AT weapons being very unreliable
Russian kit needs to be updated also
 
It will be interesting to see how this all works in CMSF2 if its being ported over from CMBS
 
Especially with AT weapons as they have done considerable damage in Syria vs Armour
How this game shows it will be interesting vs CMBS

I support battlefront having bought CM since it was first made but bugs are bugs and I hope these are sorted for CMSF2
Appreciate it if CMBS is also fixed in the process
 
Cheers
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

That's a pretty comprehensive list. 

My role (as I see it) is not to try to defend buggy behavior, but I will defend behavior which you -think- is a bug, but is not. (Or, may not be a bug.)

If something is wrong, bring it up (as you have here). Now, since time is limited, there is no way I'd be able to create tests for the general behaviorisms you see as problematic. That does not mean I'm not interested in chasing down bugs, but this list is too long and too generic. But, hey, that's fine: you're a customer, and in no way are you obligated to provide specifics. I'm fine with that.

Having said that, a few savegames, or even a screenshot, would go a long way towards helping. A very long way.

Browsing your list, the only thing I can outright think I agree with you on is the lack of overpressure modeling for the Shmel and other thermobaric weapons, ESPECIALLY when the explosion is confined.

More, later.

Edited by c3k
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I'm going to cut and paste your comments a bit.

 

 

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:26 AM, GAZ NZ said:

USA vehicles 

M1167 Humvee

Must be manually shot - TOW doesn't engage enemy vehicles

^^^

This and the below seem to related.

 

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:26 AM, GAZ NZ said:


Russian - Ukraine Kit

 

BRDM 2 (AT-5B)       

Doesn't shoot

( There needs to be a setup where the crew maybe get out - one observes ? the other is in car )

The whole thing doesn't work

Its like the US Humvee TOW

 

Honestly, I've never noticed either of these behaviors. I'd have to set up a test and see what's up. It may be a simple user error of not unbuttoning, or not being stopped long enough, for the weapon to fire. Or it may be a bug. Or it may be something else. More information (not that you should feel responsible for providing it) would help.

 

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:26 AM, GAZ NZ said:

M1 Tank inconsistent behavior 

With Crack crew and high morale +2 ldr

MI spotted Enemy Rpg unit - M1 fired at them killing one and the Russian survivor ran away

But Tank spends the whole game panicked

M1 runs away from everything whole game - its a joke

In other games I take M1 and it's hit by 5 AT 13s and multiple RPGs etc keeps on going

Morale is fine - they are running same setup as previous example

Has happened in a few games

 

Another game  my M1 is hit in same place - upper front turret just once by At13 and they bail

Its really inconsistent crew behavior sometimes / damage application

I do not use APS on M1 as I find it too over powered and unrealistic

 

I've seen my opponents M1 defeat 11+ AT14 and At13 shots shots with APS after being frontally Armour stripped from my 120mm Artillery and AA Tunguska fire 

The APS still works

M1 behavior comments: I've bolded part of what you wrote. Yeah, pretty cool that the game shows how much the men want to survive, yes? IRL, tankers will not sit there thinking they're invulnerable. If they get a laser warning, they'll pull back. If something is hitting the tank, and it's hard, they'll pull back. If men are swarming about, they'll pull back. Just the way it is...and that's fine. To me. If you think the uber-M1 is nerfed in the game, please give a SPECIFIC savegame. That'd do wonders for finding/fixing or explaining the behavior.

As to the "spending whole game panicked", well, savegame or it didn't happen. Seriously. I've never seen any behavior like this...unless the GLOBAL morale has these guys shaken to the core. Meaning, that particular unit has not been engaged or attacked, but they've heard/seen everyone else in their battalion get slaughtered. In that case, the game models the fragility of their morale. So, the particulars DO matter.

 

 

 

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:26 AM, GAZ NZ said:

 

Russia Missing there heavy Mg  equivalent  12.7×108mm NSV and KORD ( used in Syria )

Also KORD .50cal

No Modern Russian sniper rifles  -  eg OSV-96 or SVLK-14 Sumrak Twilight (Also Used in Syria )

 

This is a pretty straightforward TOE question. Proof that the equipment was issued (in some verifiable quantity), fielded, and used, would be beneficial to getting new gear in the game. It is not simple to change the game TOE, but Steve/BFC/et alia take great pride in how accurately this game portrays TOE. (Heck, it's the linchpin for how units behave at the tactical level.)

 

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:26 AM, GAZ NZ said:

 

 

Man Portable AT Missile Problems

 

AT13  At 14  AT7 and Skiff  etc  randomly just fly in random bizarre directions

Have used in all terrains

This is constantly occuring

In Open areas with no obstruction to break wire etc

It happens frequently and makes taking AT Infantry vs Tanks in open areas pointless

it happens often making it pointless taking AT weapons only unless in built up areas
You just use RPGs ( most reliable in the game engine )


I see Crews with AT 13 AT7 etc launcher also ran back and forth in building trying to Target tank which was clear to shoot St with Blue Los and lots of windows

They did this for 4 minutes - 4 times after stopping them after each minute

They were spotted and died

Has happened many times - yes i've read heated discussions over AI path mapping etc on this forums but this is shooting

 

Ukraine Corsar randomly goes off in weird directions also

Crew are not suppressed
Doesn't happen as much but happens more then it should
I have games where they work ok and others where every shot missed fired from multiple units

Same Crew experience

 

Modern vehicles do have jammers. Obscurants, inability to acquire and then guide missiles does happen, sometimes a random lemon, but, overall, if your AT missiles are flying off as if they are spoofed, maybe they're being spoofed? Again, a savegame would be worth it's weight in gold.

 

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:26 AM, GAZ NZ said:

 

Russian Grenade Launcher single guy ( unit ) has launcher and cannot deploy

 

He cannot move after his final move point ends

Hmm. I know the Russian AGL has, in-game, caused many a casualty, so I know they can move, deploy, and fire. A single man? Maybe he has no ammo, just the AGL? Or vice versa? I hate to get repetitive, but savegame would be awesome. Or else, if I can find a few hours to set this up by randomly whittling down the AGL teams to one man, I may never see the behavior you say you've seen.

 

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:26 AM, GAZ NZ said:

Ukraine And Russian vehicles and in one case a US Bradley

Just sit and stare at enemy and don't shoot ( yes im aware it happens randomly as they dropped there smokes or drink ) but sometimes its just stupid

Sometimes the in-game spotting seems oddly poor...and other times very good. Overall, with a few exceptions about men who cannot see a tank 10m away, it works very well. I'd like to see the savegame. I know. I'm not disbelieving, I just have to point out that the incredible complexity of this game means that outliers (like you've described) are hard to replicate unless you can see the screenshot (and that's not a very good substitute), or a get the actual save.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:26 AM, GAZ NZ said:
 
Biggest disappointment is RPO-A and M Shmel
I took 15 units of these in one urban fight
2 units fired the whole game as squads who were crack or vet panicked when shot at or never fired when not being shot at
was a joke
They just sat and watched enemy
They had great  command etc high motivation
Of the two who fired minimal effect on building
They should vapourise people inside building and set it on fire
Instead tiny bit of flame and 1-2 guys of enemy 5 man team died and they were shot back at from inside building and they died
 
As a general comment 
I've been playing ladder games with CMBS for a long time
Players have been leaving/dropping off our ladder group due to the general bugs with no updates and overpowered US gear and M1 issues
Its either super over powered or just stupid with panic etc
 
Those of us who still play generally only play Russia vs Ukraine games now as a result of the US imbalance

I try to use different Setups as a top player to challenge myself
but with the AT bugs as i discussed I have to take tanks now with AT weapons being very unreliable
Russian kit needs to be updated also
 
It will be interesting to see how this all works in CMSF2 if its being ported over from CMBS
 
Especially with AT weapons as they have done considerable damage in Syria vs Armour
How this game shows it will be interesting vs CMBS

I support battlefront having bought CM since it was first made but bugs are bugs and I hope these are sorted for CMSF2
Appreciate it if CMBS is also fixed in the process
 
Cheers
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Back to the M Shmel and RPO-A. The flames in-game are small, because most fires are not such big conflagrations that you'd be forced to flee. A bit of boot-stomping, blanket smothering, or pushing the flammables aside, and you're probably okay. For the most part. Would I like to see expanding and spreading fire? Oh yes. I think that'd be a bit nice. Heck, I'd make a 4km x 4km very dry pine forest and set it alight and use it as a screensaver in winter. ;)

Overpressure/blast effects were nerfed to make up for the infantry bunching. These both are gradually getting adjusted. Yeah, I'd boost up the in-game effect due to blast for these two weapons. However, a counter-argument is that the smallest obstacle makes a huge difference in the amount of blast an individual feels. The building interiors are modeled to be quite complex (hence the spotting behavior when a unit enters a room). Visually, the game does not show any interior; it is abstracted. Imagine dividing walls, furniture, etc., are present to mitigate some of the blast. That, at least, is one explanation. Another would be that it is not modelling the blast well enough. I lean on the "give it more blast" side.

Recognize that any desire to CHANGE the game (you say "fix"), puts the burden of proof on the petitioner. The game is created in the state it is because that's what BFC thinks is how it should be (blatant bugs excepted). If you/we want a change, you/we have to show what is, what should be, and why or where the evidence it. Once that's done, BFC is pretty open to adjusting the code if it is possible and after it's been thoroughly tested.

As you can see from my long-winded answer a savegame is critically important. I know...that's not your job. For a beta-tester to try to replicate something based on a few words of description is a pretty hard thing to do, unless it's a blatant problem. In that case, it's more than likely already been noted. (But not all the time...so don't be shy about posting.)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, c3k said:

 

As you can see from my long-winded answer a savegame is critically important. I know...that's not your job. For a beta-tester to try to replicate something based on a few words of description is a pretty hard thing to do, unless it's a blatant problem. In that case, it's more than likely already been noted. (But not all the time...so don't be shy about posting.)

It is also not a beta tester job per se either.  BF has enlisted folks to test the game and look for stuff, but that doesn't make us the go to guy for anything anyone finds.  We are players just like anyone else and our time is no different than anyone else's  We don't get to charge by the hour to run huge numbers of tests looking for something that may be an extreme outlier. Any player is just as capable of doing verification as we are.  The request for saves is a requirement for BF to even consider looking at it.  So if you see something and don't save it, might as well not bother posting about it.  Kind of like trying to tell people you saw a UFO but you didn't bother trying to take a pic with that smart phone you were texting everyone to tell them about the UFO you just saw.  :D Beta testers are more than happy to help bring an issue to BF's attention, but it really makes a difference if we have something to start with other than "I saw a UFO".

Edited by sburke
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, sburke said:

It is also not a beta tester job per se either.  BF has enlisted folks to test the game and look for stuff, but that doesn't make us the go to guy for anything anyone finds. 

...

 :D Beta testers are more than happy to help bring an issue to BF's attention, but it really makes a difference if we have something to start with other than "I saw a UFO".

This, plus a hundred. Like the statement that a tank crew spent the entire game panicked. I have never seen anything even remotely like that. It would be an utter waste of time to try and reproduce it. Ken is being very kind saying it is not the customer's job to reproduce issues. I disagree totally. Given how this game is developed you either accept the games behaviour as it is (not talking about blatant bugs - as designed behaviour) or *you* spend the time reproducing the behaviour in game and doing the research to show that the behaviour is incorrect. Oh and expect some constructive criticism and even some arguing. We are all adults here (nearly :-) and we should be able to handle some discussion and push back here and there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sburke said:

It is also not a beta tester job per se either.  BF has enlisted folks to test the game and look for stuff, but that doesn't make us the go to guy for anything anyone finds.  We are players just like anyone else and our time is no different than anyone else's  We don't get to charge by the hour to run huge numbers of tests looking for something that may be an extreme outlier. Any player is just as capable of doing verification as we are.  The request for saves is a requirement for BF to even consider looking at it.  So if you see something and don't save it, might as well not bother posting about it.  Kind of like trying to tell people you saw a UFO but you didn't bother trying to take a pic with that smart phone you were texting everyone to tell them about the UFO you just saw.  :D Beta testers are more than happy to help bring an issue to BF's attention, but it really makes a difference if we have something to start with other than "I saw a UFO".

@sburke,

Hey, I'm PM'ing this to you to clarify the part I bolded, above. You must've missed the blanket email Steve sent out to us back in January. (And, there's a thread in the Beta Forum about this, too.) Anyway, you can submit expenses, including an hourly rate. There's an exe in the sharefile which monitors your game time. A bit of an honor system that you don't just go for a 4 hour realtime QB and claim it. Plus, any bugs are with a bonus. The bonus rate depends on the severity of the bug. It's not much, but I'm up about $2k since they started doing this for us.

Thought you'd want to know.

Ken

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2018 at 11:26 PM, GAZ NZ said:

M1 runs away from everything whole game - its a joke

Yeah, I've been noticing something like this since the v4 engine came out. I understand and largely agree with c3k's response on this issue, but occasionally feel like it has been overdone and could use taming a bit. Repeatedly I have seen Bradleys and M1s pop smoke and slam into reverse as soon as they get a laser warning. Most of the time I view that as realistic behavior, but if the source is a missile system rather than a faster ballistic system (such as a tank cannon), I would expect it to fire a round at the source before retreating. Just thought I'd mention it.

Michael

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Michael Emrys said:

Yeah, I've been noticing something like this since the v4 engine came out. I understand and largely agree with c3k's response on this issue, but occasionally feel like it has been overdone and could use taming a bit. Repeatedly I have seen Bradleys and M1s pop smoke and slam into reverse as soon as they get a laser warning. Most of the time I view that as realistic behavior, but if the source is a missile system rather than a faster ballistic system (such as a tank cannon), I would expect it to fire a round at the source before retreating. Just thought I'd mention it.

Michael

When it gets lased it doesn't know what the system is that lased it, only that someone is targeting it with a weapon that can hurt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CMBS Abrams (and other vehicles) is equipped with a laser warning device. I believe the CMSF2 Abrams isn't so equipped. The upside is your Abrams is more likely to stand and fight. The downside is its more likely to be unexpectedly hit by something nasty. Tactically speaking, if you're getting lazed by something hostile and unknown you've already got yourself into a bad position. In the game, nothing panics a vehicle crew more than being fired on by an unknown, unseen attacker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A small but I think significant thing I’d like to see going forward is the ability of Russian vehicles to generate smokescreens through their engines. This is a valuable capability to add in-game. The lack of smoke grenade launchers on AFVs and slow call for fire times are represented in both CMRT and CMBS, which is great. However the  alternate way Russian forces add obscurants to the battlespace is not, which leaves them without that capibility altogether. 

Quote

My understanding is, and I welcome correction, is that the Russian technique consists of spraying diesel onto the hot exhaust manifold itself to create the smoke screen. So it only works to create smoke behind the tank, either leaving a smoke trail behind it, or the tank could back into the smoke screen for concealment.

To my knowledge, no Western tanks use this system. However, both Russian and Western tanks have smoke grenade projectors which fire forward. Both systems create smoke, but are used differently.

 

This naturally has implications for Syrian forces in CMSF which use Russian equipment. Every major Russian AFV in CMSF should be able to generate smoke.

Aesthetically, I would like hit decals to appear on AFVs with ERA. If you use the camera to clip through you can see the impacts and penetrations on the actual hull armour, but not on the ERA tiles. Easiest example: BMP-3M with ERA takes autocannon fire, you have to clip through the ERA to see where the vehicle was hit, it otherwise looks undamaged. 

 

I would also like clarification on if the turret ERA behind the rubber skirt is modelled on the BMP-3M with ERA. 

Edited by DougPhresh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DougPhresh said:

Aesthetically, I would like hit decals to appear on AFVs with ERA. If you use the camera to clip through you can see the impacts and penetrations on the actual hull armour, but not on the ERA tiles. Easiest example: BMP-3M with ERA takes autocannon fire, you have to clip through the ERA to see where the vehicle was hit, it otherwise looks undamaged. . 

That would be a bug.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, I recently beat the Shield of Kiev campaign (BLUFOR tactical victory), some things I learned, the hard way:

- RPO was a complete waste of space, I'd take an RPG team over it.

- My Oplot-Ms would freak-out when things would heat up. Shaken and Panicked would happen. The Green tanks would sometimes sneak up on a T-72b3,  get a visual -- then pop a smoke and retreat!

- ATGM teams did take their time engaging enemy armour.

- BMP-3s would knock out Oplot-M's guns with the autocannon, after only a few hits -- from the front!

All of this being said, the only one I would consider calling a bug would be the last one. I think I saw someone else complain about it, or is it just me?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2018 at 5:30 PM, c3k said:

Modern vehicles do have jammers. Obscurants, inability to acquire and then guide missiles does happen, sometimes a random lemon, but, overall, if your AT missiles are flying off as if they are spoofed, maybe they're being spoofed? Again, a savegame would be worth it's weight in gold.

It really is annoying when a well placed atgm team misses a million dollar shot, by a mile. It seems to happen way too often with wire guided atgms and well trained teams not under fire. On the other hand, I am not an atgm operator myself so I wouldn't know

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kozlice said:

It really is annoying when a well placed atgm team misses a million dollar shot, by a mile. It seems to happen way too often with wire guided atgms and well trained teams not under fire. On the other hand, I am not an atgm operator myself so I wouldn't know

Nothing, including Javalins are 100% reliable. Everything has a failure rate percentage that is within the requirements of the weapon specification.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SgtHatred said:

Obviously quality assurance is not the customer's job. I find the attitude here really quite strange.

BF has a team of two.  If you see an item you "think" is an issue who's job is it to try and see if it is reproducible? It isn't mine I know that much.  I might be willing to help, but it ain't my job.  If you think Steve or Charles are gonna drop everything for a perceived issue.. well you are entitled to dream.  That leaves...….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...