Email game won't load, need vehicle pack

I started an email game of CMBN v4.0 with a buddy.  I started the game and sent the file to him and he accepted.  The file got returned to me to do my troop purchases, but the file was grayed out in the list.  When I clicked the file it said I needed the vehicle pack in order to load the game.  I thought this was weird, since we were doing an all infantry fight, and I didn't think my friend even owned the vehicle pack, but I figured "what the hey" and went ahead and bought the vehicle pack.  I made my troop purchases (no vehicles) and sent the file off to him.  Now he's getting the same message.  Has anyone seen this before?  How do we start a game without him needing to buy the vehicle pack?  (I don't want to force him to buy it in order to play).

The game I started was June 1944, small battle, American Paratroops vs. German Army, Infantry only for both sides.

Thanks for the help.

Humm that's strange indeed.

Question were there any maps shipped with the vehicle pack? What map did you guys use for your game.

The way it is supposed to work is if have a module your opponent does not, you can start a game using it and your opponent can still play it. In your case if your opponent does not have the VP then they should not have been able to create a game that needs it. So that right there seems wrong.

I've attached the file I received from my friend that said I needed the vehicle pack to load. The password is 'dogsofwar'

My friend and I started a new game.  Now I have the vehicle pack, he still does not.  I started the game and used all the same settings except I reduced the game size to tiny and pushed the month back from June to July.  This time the game worked fine and we are now 5 or so minutes into the battle.

Was our prior issue perhaps due to starting the game in June?  I forget if vanilla CMBN starts in June or not...maybe the 'funnies' and other beach landing vehicles in the vehicle pack are required to play scenarios before July?  Would be easy enough to test, I suppose. 

Dogs of War 002.ema