New Website status update

Ah - my bad. 

I see what you mean

We are in the process of migrating to a new website and store. During this transition we can not accept new orders. We hope to be fully live on our new site by July 13. Thank you for your patience! 

17 minutes ago, SgtHatred said:

I feel the need to point out that the transition from old site to new site should have taken approximately 10 minutes. This is really quite painful to watch...

As a former IT projects professional, I can vouch that you are are likely correct to note that flipping the switch and loading the data took 10-20 minutes.

The acceptance testing process, however, is labor intensive and requires extensive subject matter time and expertise performed in a deliberately controlled fashion.  Steve already mentioned that several things which looked good on the plan went bump in the night in the new platform.  Paul Masson was right about software too!  😎

Edited by Badger73

1 minute ago, Badger73 said:

As a former IT projects professional, you are are likely correct to note that flipping the switch and loading the data went 10-20 minutes.

The acceptance testing process, however, is labor intensive and requires extensive subject matter time and expertise.  Steve already mentioned that several things which looked good on the plan went bump in the night on the new platform.  Paul Masson was right about software too!  😎

It doesn't matter how complex or how many bugs a new site has, downtime between new and old should be practically non-existent. Obviously the new site would have been tested and considered functional before being deployed, and if there were problems, the old site should remain functional.

I mean, as a "former IT projects professional", you should know this.

5 minutes ago, SgtHatred said:

I like to giggle at train wrecks, and I think the truth is important enough to speak up about. This fit both those boxes nicely.

Nice guy, bet you're fun at parties... It isn't like anyone was saying that the store not being up was good thing so you weren't really speaking truth so much as feeling you needed to state the obvious just to prove.... something.  Not exactly sure what.  But hey if that's how you get off have at it.

Just now, sburke said:

Nice guy, bet you're fun at parties... It isn't like anyone was saying that the store not being up was good thing so you weren't really speaking truth so much as feeling you needed to state the obvious just to prove.... something.  Not exactly sure what.  But hey if that's how you get off have at it.

It's important that when people see things like this they don't just shrug their shoulders and say to themselves "ah shucks, that's technology for you" because it's not true.

Try not to be so defensive.

10 minutes ago, SgtHatred said:

I like to giggle at train wrecks, and I think the truth is important enough to speak up about. This fit both those boxes nicely.

I don't care that much about the delay but I also do like these situations for the meme potential.  Unfortunately haven't thought of any good memes yet.

2 minutes ago, Sulomon said:

I don't care that much about the delay but I also do like these situations for the meme potential.  Unfortunately haven't thought of any good memes yet.

Well damn it man, get to work!  Snippy comments are boring and well simply not entertaining enough.  Slacker.  As a former meme creator you should know this.  :D 

And just to set expectations.  BF doesn't have an IT staff.  Steve has got to do this on his own, he isn't an "IT professional".  He is a gaming business owner who's got to figure this stuff out and maybe is just happening to take some time off at the same time. If he was swapping out his voice system I wouldn't give him s**t for not doing it in the timeline I'd expect as someone who does it for a living.. well okay yeah I would just cause it's fun. Still I would do it tongue in cheek.

1 hour ago, sburke said:

Well damn it man, get to work!  Snippy comments are boring and well simply not entertaining enough.  Slacker.  As a former meme creator you should know this.  :D 

And just to set expectations.  BF doesn't have an IT staff.  Steve has got to do this on his own, he isn't an "IT professional".  He is a gaming business owner who's got to figure this stuff out and maybe is just happening to take some time off at the same time. If he was swapping out his voice system I wouldn't give him s**t for not doing it in the timeline I'd expect as someone who does it for a living.. well okay yeah I would just cause it's fun. Still I would do it tongue in cheek.

I am sorry, but Srgthatred is right this is silly and old site should still work if it was going to take weeks and we all know Battlefront can not keep any deadline no matter how many years they have. I have been waiting about a week and a half to download my games. I love these games thats why it makes most of us so upset sburke I am sure you love the games to, but you do not need to blindly defend a company for making a bad move. I mean they are not making any money atm which is an odd thing for a game company to do just switch off their sales while they wait weeks for a website that is already two years late.

4 minutes ago, lordhedgwich said:

I am sorry, but Srgthatred is right this is silly and old site should still work if it was going to take weeks and we all know Battlefront can not keep any deadline no matter how many years they have. I have been waiting about a week and a half to download my games. I love these games thats why it makes most of us so upset sburke I am sure you love the games to, but you do not need to blindly defend a company for making a bad move. I mean they are not making any money atm which is an odd thing for a game company to do just switch off their sales while they wait weeks for a website that is already two years late.

Not quite sure what I am "blindly defending".  I just commented that Steve isn't an IT Professional which by default is a criticism as it says the site should have been up.  Nobody is dying here and BF is not taking orders so if anyone should be upset it is them.  I don't need to stress over stuff that just isn't that important.  Yeah the site is down, yeah that sucks and there isn't much excuse for it.  And no I am not gonna get worked up over it.  I have plenty of other things to do like put in pavers for my front walk, or run the electrical line so my wife can put in festive lighting in the breezeway or take advantage of Nat'l ice cream day and go have an evening with my wife.

Steve knows it is down and is probably embarrassed and working to fix whatever it is that has it broke.  I don't feel the need to rub salt in the wound.  Unless I was standing behind him holding a beer in which case I'd likely be making loads of unhelpful comments at his expense. (including the beer)

4 hours ago, lordhedgwich said:

I am sorry, but Srgthatred is right this is silly and old site should still work if it was going to take weeks and we all know Battlefront can not keep any deadline no matter how many years they have. I have been waiting about a week and a half to download my games.

Not sure which is sillier... 

And BTW for all those wanting to download thier game @Elvis posted that he can hook you up by opening a support ticket with your order information and or game key.

4 hours ago, lordhedgwich said:

I love these games thats why it makes most of us so upset ...

Well that makes it all right then... #sad

I’m jealous. I keep longingly looking toward retirement but it is a few years away assuming the debt credit bubble that is developing for corporations doesn’t tank my 401 first. In that case I’ll be one of those retirees parking in amazon warehouse lots doing seasonal work for beans.