Oleksandr's Modding Space for CMSF2

It seems that CMSF2 will be a huge thing for all of us. The game we all waiting for. As a CM series fan and as a guy who likes to make mods sometimes I'm looking forward to play and mod this game. 

All my mods related to CMSF will be presented in this topic. I never played that very first CMSF game so for me it will be a new thing. Yet, I'm quite sure that this game will be wonderful. 

iNF6aON.jpg

1 hour ago, Sequoia said:

What do you think your first project will be? Or do you want to wait until you have the game to decide? 

Well I was making a little research about this game (i mean original one) and I have few ideas what can fit into game setting. Yet, it is too early to say this because nobody played the new version yet. Developers are saying that it will be exactly as original, but there might be some changes or additions. So I cant say for sure what we going to face there and what we will be doing there for 100%. Yet, I can tell you one thing - the project I was thinking about will make both red and blue forces happy. I mean at least I hope it will. Obviusly it will be a complex mod what will include both vehicles and infantry. Many modders will work on the game right away - they will do their thing I will do mine and I hope that we all going to enjoy huge variety of mods to this game. What is more important is texture template - I wonder how lets say gear and vehicles will be presented. I wonder if it will be easier to mod than CMA or CMBS? And other questions like that. 

LYVfpS2.jpg

I hope that CMBS experience will help me a lot in this game. 

18 hours ago, Oleksandr said:

I wonder how lets say gear and vehicles will be presented. I wonder if it will be easier to mod than CMA or CMBS? And other questions like that. 

I hope that CMBS experience will help me a lot in this game. 

I am not a modder so take this for what it is worth.....  CMSF is being brought up to CMBS standard so I would assume the effort to mod would be very similar.

While we all wait for this new game, I've prepared one thing (well actually there are planty things in it) for 4th of July. 

Tommorow I will publish a new mod for CMBS for 4th of July Special. 

This is a poster of a mod what will be avaliable for download tommorow.

YRDu2EJ.jpg

4 hours ago, se_poika said:

Have you considered modding Russian forces to Shock Force 2 once it's released? 

I did consider few things. Em but it will all depend on the game itself. So when it is going to be there for us to buy it I will do some stuff some people might like. That also will depend on a time, because it seems that SF2 will be as big as CMBS so if I have enough of time I will do some decent things. Not going to spoil anything at this moments. Got few ideas - will try to bring them to life as best as I can. Plus I do think there will be a lot of people modding so this part of the forum will remain busy no matter what. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd vote for these guys:

8201726135714205740949.jpg

1201719144250206332036.jpg

https://www.iraqincontext.com/single-post/2018/01/23/The-Iraqi-Counter-Terrorism-Service-From-the-War-on-ISIS-to-the-Future

In CM:SF2 they'd probably be best built on the US Infantry ICBT formation.....Give me these and I will give you Mosul!  ;)

@LongLeftFlank has already given you Ramadi:

But I believe Fallujah is still up for grabs if anyone else fancies it!  :ph34r:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

3 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

That's the spirit.....If you need to bounce ideas when the time comes, you know where to find me. 

PS - You are going to need someone to make you a crane!  ;)

pfft crane shmane - there is so much potential for Sadr.  The map has to be correct to scale though, not like in the long walk home.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oi.....Don't forget Mosul!  :o

Once I have overlays to work with, I'm going the whole nine-yards.....Starting in the west!  (I must be mad).  :D

23 hours ago, Oleksandr said:

None of them will be standard or regular.

Still hoping one of them will be Iraq's CTS.  ;)

PS - Don't forget the CM:SF map of the fictional Libyan city of 'Bishr'.....It'll need re-jigging for CM:SF2, but it's another awesome MOUT environment.  B)

I'm not sure if it is currently available, so I've stuck a copy in my Dropbox for those who might be interested, here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ceixmt2prlir4q2/Bishr.btt?dl=0

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead