CM on i5 8400 and 1060 6gb anyone?

Hister

You're in luck! I just rebuilt my computer and put a new i5-8400 and an Nvidia 1060 3Gb with (for now) 8Gb of DDR4 RAM. 

CM runs very well on it. I have no issues with large or small scenario's. I'm running an HDD and not an SSD. On an SSD the load times would likely be faster, but on my HDD with the current set-up load times are pretty quick as is, and turn load times are very quick. 

If you have the means, an i7-8700k will probably last you longer into the future, but you won't see a large difference in CM between the i5 and the i7. 

35 minutes ago, Hister said:

Sweet, very sweet. Thank you. Intel rig here I come. :D

No problem, just be aware that you need a modern motherboard, (I got an MSI 360M series) and that these new motherboards generally only support DDR4 RAM. But as long as you're compatible you shouldn't have any issues running CM. 

17 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

No problem, just be aware that you need a modern motherboard, (I got an MSI 360M series) and that these new motherboards generally only support DDR4 RAM. But as long as you're compatible you shouldn't have any issues running CM. 

Yes, I am aware of the hardware incompatibilities, thank you. 

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:11 PM, Hister said:

Anyone has such a rig? Care to share how the game runs on it? 

If i7 8700k is considerably better then I'll go for that although going down that route is a 200€ more expensive variant... 

I have the i5-8400 series w/AMD 7700 Video (1060) 1GB, and CM seams to work fairly well on Medium Settings...So, the 6GB version should work a little better at Higher Settings.

Edited by JoMc67

37 minutes ago, Artkin said:

@Hister I highly recommend an overclockable i5/i7. I saw a HUGE increase in performance when overclocking from 3.3Ghz to 4.6. It is 100% worth the price if your main focus in gaming is CM.

Aha! So good to know, thank you! This conflicts with CptMillers statement though but I want to believe you. i5 8400 is off then because I finally want to be able to play the CM games in a decent manner and also hav some headroom for the future. i7 8700K overclocked to 4,7MHz here I come! :D