CMSF2 - UK-Germany Beta AAR

1 hour ago, ncc1701e said:

Yes one question: Does the vehicles receive laser warning when targeted like in Black Sea ?

Thanks

Generally in playing CMSF I almost never see that automaton response - CMSF2 has not changed that.  You have a dozen years of technology development between the games so expect to have a harder time versus ATGMs.  You can still spot them pretty good once launched (generally), but you won't see these immediate reorientations of vehicles to anywhere near the same degree.  I am in doubt most vehicles even have a laser warning.  I'll have to go play around and see if I even note that.  Hasn't been something I have seen much of.

heh just watched an AT 13 take out one Challenger (frontally) and fire 4 rounds at another and never get spotted.  Yeah this is a whole different game.

Edited by sburke

2 hours ago, Baneman said:

I see a lot of voting :) but not much commentary ? No questions ? ( the black squares are "?" icons that weren't in the game yet ).

Well, you've done some outstanding work describing what's going on!

I'd hate to ask a question which would be a spoiler. Like, "Have you thought about what you'd do if Bil had some units enter behind yours?"

:)

You're doing a smashup job of letting us know what you see and how and why you're making your decisions.

5 hours ago, Baneman said:

I see a lot of voting :) but not much commentary ? No questions ? ( the black squares are "?" icons that weren't in the game yet ).

5 hours ago, Baneman said:

I dismounted most of the German infantry from their Marders in case they could be seen early. Man, those Panzerfaust 3's are large !

CMSF2 050 move up.jpg

Admittedly, I'm a BFC forum lurker and always have questions but neglect to ask. Must say old boy that you nailed these two. Thought both you and Bil were doing something to enable those black squares and was super curious about the size of the Panzerfaust 3. Thanks to the both of you for demonstrating the new features; I cannot wait to get my hands on my own copy. 

18 hours ago, Baneman said:

How are the UnCons communicating their spotting information to your main force?  I am wondering how this is happening, especially since you have a Force consisting of units from several different countries.  Can you post a screenshot showing the communication links?

4 minutes ago, Chops said:

How are the UnCons communicating their spotting information to your main force?  I am wondering how this is happening, especially since you have a Force consisting of units from several different countries.  Can you post a screenshot showing the communication links?

First off they are speaking Arabic which none of the rest of the force understands so it is a lot of animated gestures, expressions like “boom” and some things that don’t translate but look vaguely offensive. In other words they end up taking pics on their mobile and texting them. 😎

I never knew the challenger had such massive weak spots. Really makes me want to re engineer that hull. I do like the CV90s design. Simple plates. Just weld chunks of high hardness steel on. :)

But I have seen the Steel Beasts charts. Just never studied them. 

17 minutes ago, Chops said:

There are not any direct comms links between the different nationality units UNLESS you physically place a unit from one nationality next to the unit of another and all have radios and links to their higher-ups - in which case they will then share info.

4 hours ago, sburke said:

First off they are speaking Arabic which none of the rest of the force understands so it is a lot of animated gestures, expressions like “boom” and some things that don’t translate but look vaguely offensive. In other words they end up taking pics on their mobile and texting them. 😎

22 hours ago, sburke said:

Generally in playing CMSF I almost never see that automaton response - CMSF2 has not changed that.  You have a dozen years of technology development between the games so expect to have a harder time versus ATGMs.  You can still spot them pretty good once launched (generally), but you won't see these immediate reorientations of vehicles to anywhere near the same degree.  I am in doubt most vehicles even have a laser warning.  I'll have to go play around and see if I even note that.  Hasn't been something I have seen much of.

heh just watched an AT 13 take out one Challenger (frontally) and fire 4 rounds at another and never get spotted.  Yeah this is a whole different game.

I am quite happy that there is no automated response like launching smoke and falling back as soon as LWR detects something. I am still surprised there is no laser warning message thanks to the new engine. None of the CMSF vehicles are LWR-equipped even the Abrams or the Bradley in 2007 ? 😕

11 minutes ago, ncc1701e said:

I am quite happy that there is no automated response like launching smoke and falling back as soon as LWR detects something. I am still surprised there is no laser warning message thanks to the new engine. None of the CMSF vehicles are LWR-equipped even the Abrams or the Bradley in 2007 ? 😕

LWRs are mostly modern and top of the line. No US vehicles (tanks, IFVs, etc) will have LWRs in Shock Force. The only vehicle in the game that I know of that does have an LWR is the Syrian T-90SA. 

Turn 7:

An overview of the left side of the map. Leopards are moving into overwatch positions. Marked Marder is the Company HQ's vehicle.

CMSF2 030 start.jpg

As I've done with all the German infantry, I dismount the Company HQ before their vehicle moves off to its position.

CMSF2 015 dismounts.jpg

It's well that I do, because Bil's keyholed "Wheeled Thingy" gets a brief spot and fires ( rearmost vehicle is firing at my Uncon B bakkies )

CMSF2 001 shooter 2.jpg

He gets hits as the Marder crosses some high ground

CMSF2 003 victim.jpg

And again when it crests the next rise. Damage is severe.

CMSF2 004 victim.jpg

Edited by Baneman

In the centre, little is happening.
Up by the mosque, Bil's second contingent of Uncons swarms towards my Uncon A position.

CMSF2 019 enemy moves.jpg

I'm moving a few of my "A" guys to cover that open ground - they'll probably arrive a bit too late, but one thing I've learned from moving my Uncon C group up is that a lot of these guys are Unfit or even Weakened. They can't go too far at speed as they Tire rapidly.

CMSF2 020 our countermoves.jpg

I also move up the bakkies to try to interdict this movement. This shot shows the result of the enemy Wheeled Thingy fire - probably aimed at the bakkies as they crossed the higher ground, but now they are in a depression and should be safe from fire from Worry Ridge.

CMSF2 040 bakkies post.jpg

The rest of Uncons A continue to reposition. The MG team spots Bil's last bakkie and hoses it down. :)

CMSF2 010 Uncons A.jpg

Edited by Baneman