battle of Falaise Chambois pocket , the last battle of Normandie

Hello

Here is a short video where I intervene to talk about the fighting in the Falaise Chambois  pocket that you can partly relive thanks to the excellent campaign Kampfgruppe Engel

Faced with the enthusiasm of 3j2m who have seen this video I propose to share it with you

I also advise you to see the excellent series of reports made by Tropa Guripa

any remark moved on my hat is wrong 😉

😂 This hat is a French Regimental hat model 49 veteran of the war of Indochina and Algeria and this one went to tsahal as it can be read in HebreI . I have no hair and the day or the filming was done it was + 40 ° Celsius! record of temperature in Normandy
I forgot
the film is subtitled in English
Edited by Falaise

It blew my mind that they were each conversing in their native language. I'd imagine that takes some real brain training to process a foreign language internally and then respond in your own. Usually people tend to switch to one language. The host was speaking Spanish wasn't he?

Very nice, Falaise! Thanks!

Mord.

Edited by Mord

Very nicely done, indeed.

A little „French heavy“ perhaps. 😎 But once again: Amazing how much French and Spanish one can understand, with some illustration and a well known topic.

Plus: I admire your French „verve“ when explainig things. That would sound quite different in German.

Edited by StieliAlpha

1 hour ago, Falaise said:
what do you mean by french heavy?

Hm, not Spielberg, but my wife is directing a private media university in Munich. Would you have any ideas for a project?...

“French heavy“?  Hehehe... Means „a lot of French speaking“ for the rest of the ignorant world... But as I indicated: With my very basic French understanding and some supporting knowledge, I could follow surprisingly well. 

I took a small party of Americans to your museum a few years ago, great memories and a place well worth visiting. I hope this new video is being played for your visitors?

Thanks for sharing the video. I will come back some day to do a more detailed walk of the battlefield, we just did a long day and ended up at the Tiger.