Update on Engine 4 patches

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:33 PM, wadepm said:

At some point that will stop being true.  I don't think we are there yet though.  Steve is what, in his early 70s?  He has another good 10 years in him...

No Silly, Steve, grew-up in the 70's...Just like half the rest of us :-)

9 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

They know its a very niche and very good game with no real competition so they can treat ligtly in PR field ;). Pity though

Chastise me for comparing CM to Graviteam all the time, but even they have a dev answering questions on the Steam and Graviteam forums most of the time. He's not very good at being PR-friendly (he's kind of a dick sometimes, actually) but at least he gives answers.

Edited by Frenchy56

6 minutes ago, Frenchy56 said:

Chastise me for comparing CM to Graviteam all the time, but even they have a dev answering questions on the Steam and Graviteam forums most of the time. He's not very good at being PR-friendly (he's kind of a dick sometimes, actually) but at least he gives answers.

I don't expect BF to have the resources to hire someone to answer questions here on the forum full time, but as I wrote before, surely they could spend a few minutes once in a while so we could get just a few lines of information to find out what is going on, instead of Months and Months of nothing.

I think this is appropriate...

I'm waiting for my man,

Twenty-six dollars in my hand,

He's never early, he's always late,

First thing you learn is that you always gotta' wait...

Edited by Kuderian
Additional material

I would appreciate a simple one-liner stating Product X revised to [DATE X]. Don't need to know why. Would prefer to be notified as early as possible of variances. Again, don't need details.

I'm accustomed to the P500 monthly updates from GMT so, often see 3-6 month swings in schedules. I find it adequately serves to manage one's expectations.

A simple CMSF2 Canadian Campaign revised to June 2019. What I have instead is February 2019 posted January 2019. What am I supposed to do with that?

41 minutes ago, JSj said:

I don't expect BF to have the resources to hire someone to answer questions here on the forum full time, but as I wrote before, surely they could spend a few minutes once in a while so we could get just a few lines of information to find out what is going on, instead of Months and Months of nothing.

Graviteam is not a huge team.  Its a few guys.  Their PR person is the main dev.  He can be a dick, but part of it is a language issue, with a little cultural issue thrown in.  Graviteam responds daily to comments in their forum on Steam.  And they do basically monthly updates to address any issues that come up.  And they are very interactive with their customers on issues with the game and suggestions for change.

11 hours ago, Kuderian said:

I think this is appropriate...

I'm waiting for my man,

Twenty-six dollars in my hand,

He's never early, he's always late,

First thing you learn is that you always gotta' wait...

Being the world's most famous Puritan I obviously have no idea what this is about. And on no account was I tapping my foot the whole way through it.

2 minutes ago, General Jack Ripper said:

You know, you guys could just go play the darn game...

Just sayin'.

If curiosity was a word we didn't know, we would be. Thought that means we probably never would have known about the game in the first place.

Edited by Frenchy56

19 hours ago, Thewood1 said:

Graviteam is not a huge team.  Its a few guys.  Their PR person is the main dev.  He can be a dick, but part of it is a language issue, with a little cultural issue thrown in.  Graviteam responds daily to comments in their forum on Steam.  And they do basically monthly updates to address any issues that come up.  And they are very interactive with their customers on issues with the game and suggestions for change.

I agree. I love Andrey though. He's clearly passionate about what he does.

WRT the patch. My guess is it's going to release during my wedding or honeymoon this month, such that I won't be able to play for half a month! :D That's how these things go, right?

22 minutes ago, patrykd said:

I stoped play in CM because i preffer Graviteam games. They are able to make patch 2 times in month and addon once a month. Realism as well is higher.

If they manage to patch the UI into something useable I'll give them a look.  (all I'm saying on this topic)