QB map pdfs

These are pdf's with large, labeled pictures for every QB map, covering CMFB, CMFI, and CMRT. I always get frustrated trying to remember which QB map is which, and having to load up the scenario editor just to find one gets really, really old. So I created these.

I'll eventually put these on CMMODS. As soon as I finish the CMBN one, which is a significantly bigger task, and has had to take a back seat to a different project I'm now invested in. So I decided to just post these here, now.

Can someone please let me know if these links work for plain ol' public download / access? If not, I'll repost proper links in a new thread. Dropbox recently got rid of its "Public Folder" feature, and the new way to accomplish almost the same thing is not very intuitive....

Here ya go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jffokwaq2w017bj/CMFB - All QB Maps.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3l4xpbdhps0mgq6/CMRT - All QB Maps.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4rh9ya8wbe3tldr/CMFI - Alol QB Maps - lower quality.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p9vhj33u708h0f9/CMFI - All QB Maps.pdf?dl=0

*NOTE:  the "lower quality" CMFI pdf is actually the same quality as CMFB's and CMRT's -- plenty good enough. The higher quality CMFI pdf was my first, though, and features lossless images... which is great, except that the file size is almost 300MB.

5 minutes ago, rocketman said:

Thanks for making these. Can you please post them at CMMODS?

Not gonna lie... I've lost my CMMODS login info, and in my experience it often takes a bit to get a response, and an even longer bit for the files to be made public anyway. Plus I'd really like to post all 4 game titles together. I'll get all 4 combined and posted as soon as I can.

1 hour ago, sttp said:

These are pdf's with large, labeled pictures for every QB map, covering CMFB, CMFI, and CMRT. I always get frustrated trying to remember which QB map is which, and having to load up the scenario editor just to find one gets really, really old. So I created these.

Nice job.  +1.

57 minutes ago, sttp said:

Not gonna lie... I've lost my CMMODS login info, and in my experience it often takes a bit to get a response, and an even longer bit for the files to be made public anyway. Plus I'd really like to post all 4 game titles together. I'll get all 4 combined and posted as soon as I can.

Opps - the man to ask is @Bootie . The pdfs look good too.

2 minutes ago, Badger73 said:

Will you be posting any for CMBN / CW / MG?

In the first post he said:

1 hour ago, sttp said:

I'll eventually put these on CMMODS. As soon as I finish the CMBN one

Apparently many people went straight to looking at the PDFs and their brains didn't absorb @sttp's words ;)

Edited by IanL

My Quick Battle Maps folder for CMBN has almost 900 maps. Is there a way to tell which QB maps came packed in the original game, and which came from which particular module / addon? File date helps a little, but not as much as you'd think..... I'd consider installing the game on another laptop and taking note that way, but I'd hate to use up one of my limited number of installs just for that.

Since there seems to be demand, what I may do is just release the CMBN version in pieces -- first with only the original game's QB maps, then uploading newer pdf versions as I add Commonwealth Forces, Market Garden, etc....

Thanks. 

5 hours ago, sttp said:

I'd consider installing the game on another laptop and taking note that way, but I'd hate to use up one of my limited number of installs just for that.

It is not installs that count against activations it is activating on different machines. So, install it to a second location on your current machine. It will not cost you an activation and since it is CMBN the game files are installed with the .exe and not in a shared location like the newer ones so you will have two sets of qb files to look at.

Having said that someone might be able to tell you the naming convention. I'm not able to access my gaming machine unti sometime Sunday so it will have to be someone else...

19 minutes ago, IanL said:

It is not installs that count against activations it is activating on different machines. So, install it to a second location on your current machine. It will not cost you an activation and since it is CMBN the game files are installed with the .exe and not in a shared location like the newer ones so you will have two sets of qb files to look at.

Thanks Ian. Some naming conventions have carried through the various modules, so... no help there.

Here's the real problem: since the new installer and activation system were adopted, apparently all CMBN-ready QB Maps -- whether from the original title, or from a later module / addon -- are placed into your Quick Battles folder, whether you'll be able to use them or not, as soon as you activate base CMBN. (No biggie, but it did surprise me.) So now if you try to open, say, a Market Garden QB map but haven't activated that module, you get an error that says you must purchase Market Garden. Before this, I don't think the map would've even shown up in the directory, IIRC. And I did have to use up an activation to discover all this, but I guess that's no big deal.

Bottom line, there doesn't seem to be a way to get a fresh, "pure" install of CMBN like we could have a year or two ago. I'm just gonna have to do the CMBN pdf the long(er) way, so it might take a bit.

Thank you for your suggestions though. You're always quick to try to help people out.  

Does the activation limit exists for legitimate customers? I mean obviously it exists, but in practice is there any record of a legitimate customer being denied additional activations? I always had the assumption it was purely a means to combat obvious piracy, and you simply ask for a more reactivations - (almost) no questions asked?

Otherwise, it is not impossible to imagine the following events happening to someone thus using up all activation quickly:
 - Activate game
 - HDD/SSD failure - complete system reinstall - activate again
 - New computer bought - activate again
 - Faulty component replaced - activate again.

8 minutes ago, Muzzleflash1990 said:

Does the activation limit exists for legitimate customers? I mean obviously it exists, but in practice is there any record of a legitimate customer being denied additional activations? I always had the assumption it was purely a means to combat obvious piracy, and you simply ask for a more reactivations - (almost) no questions asked?

This is the case - just ask Helpdesk and they will give you additional activations.

1 hour ago, sttp said:

Bottom line, there doesn't seem to be a way to get a fresh, "pure" install of CMBN like we could have a year or two ago. I'm just gonna have to do the CMBN pdf the long(er) way, so it might take a bit.

Ah good point.  Humm - perhaps from dates on the files you can find the breaks between modules.

1 hour ago, sttp said:

Thank you for your suggestions though. You're always quick to try to help people out.  

It is my pleasure - I have to work off my sins some how :)

8 hours ago, sttp said:

My Quick Battle Maps folder for CMBN has almost 900 maps. Is there a way to tell which QB maps came packed in the original game, and which came from which particular module / addon? File date helps a little, but not as much as you'd think..... I'd consider installing the game on another laptop and taking note that way, but I'd hate to use up one of my limited number of installs just for that.

Since there seems to be demand, what I may do is just release the CMBN version in pieces -- first with only the original game's QB maps, then uploading newer pdf versions as I add Commonwealth Forces, Market Garden, etc....

Thanks. 

Dayum...900 maps?  I thought I had a lot and I've only got 745..any chance you could put those in your dropbox? :)

BTW< thanks for doing this..very cool

Edited by grunt_GI

8 hours ago, grunt_GI said:

Dayum...900 maps?  I thought I had a lot and I've only got 745..any chance you could put those in your dropbox? :)

BTW< thanks for doing this..very cool

Looking at the "fresh" CMBN install folder I just made on a laptop, it appears that the 745 you mention is precisely the number of QB maps available through all CMBN modules and addons. (And some people say there's not enough content or replay value... ha!) All that you're most likely lacking are a bunch of community-made QB maps. There are many. And I'm sure that's where most of my extra 100+ come from. (That'd have to be the case, because I sure as heck haven't made any QB maps of my own!)

Edited by sttp