CMFI Rome to Victory Bones

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 9:38 PM, Thewood1 said:

Wow, that bone thread was 3.5 years ago.  So that means the CMFI module has been in development for over 3.5 years, and looks like it will be 4 years to deliver.  That's a long time.  The patriots have been in three Super Bowls since that thread.

:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Just seem to be your standard armoured crew or mechanised crew. Hard to see whether those are wearing the infantry battledress or the tanker overalls though so unsure which. Imagine you were thinking that they were something new and special, but to me just look like the same crewman that British vehicles have always had in CMFI.

uZnGp6p.png

Fysknow.png

Edited by Oliver_88

On 6/8/2019 at 5:16 PM, Sequoia said:

Really appreciate the screenshots. Any chance for a shot of Indian troops and Moroccan Goumiers ?  :)

Thanks!

Like you, I take the view that BF should show us some screenshots with indians troops and goumiers. Will they have an original touch, or will be only regular troops with a patch on the shoulder as brazilian forces (only talking about the look).

And talking about look, what possibilitties will we have to see...
- CW forces with the helmet mk IV?
- Waffen troops in tropical uniforms (not only the boots)?
- US forces wearing m43 unifoms?
- German forces with m44 uniforms?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

On 7/3/2019 at 6:38 PM, Jumpete said:

And talking about look, what possibilitties will we have to see...
- CW forces with the helmet mk IV?
- Waffen troops in tropical uniforms (not only the boots)?
- US forces wearing m43 unifoms?
- German forces with m44 uniforms?

- Possibly.

- There was no need for a tropical uniform, for the places in Italy they were engaged in were rather temperate. We might see some Palmenmuster smocks though.

- You can see them already in screenshots

- M44 was only issued to Waffen-SS. We probably won't see them, but we will see smocks and parkas without a doubt.

Edited by Frenchy56

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, user1000 said:

According to the overview it will push CMFI to version 2.10, currently at 2.02, that is quit a leap.

That is the standard version numbering. The only exception was the CMFI 3.0 Upgrade. Otherwise the numbering will be like this (I'll use CMFI as an example). A new game engine would turn CMFI to 3.00. A new module, as you mention, would move 2.02 to 2.10. A new patch before the Rome module would make it 2.03. After the Rome module would be 2.11. If a 3rd module comes out it would go to 2.30. Because of the different engines that were used to create the game families the version numbers may be counterintuitive to some. CMRT was built using Game Engine 3. So when 4.0 game out it went from 1.xx to 2.00 because it is the 2nd game engine for that game. CMBN is the only one whose numbering lines up with the Game Engine because it was built using Game Engine 1 and now that it is using GAme Engine 4 it is at 4.02. 

I bet that either clears it up or makes it more confusing. 🙂

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

I bet that either clears it up or makes it more confusing. 🙂<span>

LOL the system is explainable and consistent - now at least. Between that and new versions have a higher number than older ones is all that is required. Having people be confused is just the way the world is. :)

splitting the gamer version and the engine has helped  On opening cmbs you see it is game version 2.12 meaning it has a module and been patched twice.  the game engine shows as version 4.  still not my ideal as the patches are to the engine, but show up against the game.  in my view it would be game version 2.1 and game engine version 4.02.  just my 2 cents

• 2 weeks later...
 On 6/8/2019 at 5:16 PM, Sequoia said:

Really appreciate the screenshots. Any chance for a shot of Indian troops and Moroccan Goumiers ?  :)

Thanks!

As far as I remember it,  the Goumiers might not show up despite all the points I provided for having them with the French Corp. They played a major part in the French's battles in particular at Monte Cassino, breaching the defense and opening the way to Rome for the allied forces.

Edited by snake_eye

• 5 weeks later...

This space reserved for @BFCElvis to upload a crap-ton of new screenshots or announce a new thread that showcases a crap-ton of new screenshots. Either way, lets see a crap-ton of new screenshots.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

3 hours ago, Mord said:

This space reserved for @BFCElvis to upload a crap-ton of new screenshots or announce a new thread that showcases a crap-ton of new screenshots. Either way, lets see a crap-ton of new screenshots.

Mord.

This just struck me as a cool map. Mord inspired me to share the @MikeyD creation. I intentionally cut out some key parts of it that would be kinda spoilers to the battle. 

mikeyd map.jpg

44 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

This just struck me as a cool map. Mord inspired me to share the @MikeyD creation. I intentionally cut out some key parts of it that would be kinda spoilers to the battle. 

mikeyd map.jpg

I just got my a$$ handed to me play testing that one. Twice. ( no reflection on the scenario, just my own rashness and lack of skill 🙂 ). It's a fun challenge. It is a very good looking and interesting map.