The state of CMSF2

10 minutes ago, Firehead said:

I'm super excited now. I've been waiting patiently to buy the CMSF series games for the inevitable upgrades. I'll have my money squirreled away for end of July.

You won't be disappointed. It has a completely different feel than any of the other games, including BS. I can only imagine how killer its gonna be in 4.0.

12 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

I should mention that many of the CMSF1 Mods will not work with CMSF2 without some updating.  Especially vehicles since we overhauled most of the models.  Others should work with little to no modifications.

Steve

There's enough of us still around that I don't think that'll be a problem.  And vehicle wise there really weren't that many mods released., not like the WWII titles.

Mord.

1 hour ago, Mord said:

You won't be disappointed. It has a completely different feel than any of the other games, including BS. I can only imagine how killer its gonna be in 4.0.

There's enough of us still around that I don't think that'll be a problem.  And vehicle wise there really weren't that many mods released., not like the WWII titles.

Mord.

Yeah all those complaints about uber M1s in CMBS... come play CMSF2 they are quite a bit more vulnerable to long range ATGMs. And no  killer robot responses.  NATO still spots a lot better but not with the extreme reaction times in the more modern CMBS. 

As for mods I think there will be a whole new spectrum of things. Kieme’s buildings are still good and the newer sound mods should work.  Beyond that we are in a whole new world what with mod tags etc. I already have my list prepared to request from modders on top of what I already have asked of Mord.  

9 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

I'm in regular contact with him, and not just because we're both sci-fi TV show geeks :)  He's doing very well, thanks for asking.

Steve

Glad to learn he's well.  Please give him our warmest regards!

Off-topic, as another SciFi TV drama geek, Netflix has cancelled "The Expanse" and I am most forlorn that there will be no more seasons after this one ends.  :(

3 minutes ago, Badger73 said:

Glad to learn he's well.  Please give him our warmest regards!

Off-topic, as another SciFi TV drama geek, Netflix has cancelled "The Expanse" and I am most forlorn that there will be no more seasons after this one ends.  :(

Didn’t amazon pick it up?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Expanse_(TV_series)

In May 2018, Syfy did not purchase the rights for future seasons, because of reportedly restrictive distribution arrangements, and announced it was cancelled. Alcon looked for other channels to distribute future seasons.[20][21]

Fans protested the cancellation, gathering over 100,000 signatures for an online petition. They lobbied Amazon Studios and Netflix to pick the series up; a crowdfunding campaign paid for an airplane to fly a "#SaveTheExpanse" banner around Amazon Studios.[22] Celebrities including Wil Wheaton, George R. R. Martin, Patton Oswalt and Andreas Mogensen supported the campaign.[23] On May 26, at the International Space Development Conference, Jeff Bezos announced that Amazon picked the series up for additional seasons.

54 minutes ago, sburke said:

Didn’t amazon pick it up?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Expanse_(TV_series)

<snipped>

On May 26, at the International Space Development Conference, Jeff Bezos announced that Amazon picked the series up for additional seasons.

I did not know that.  Bless you, my son, for such welcome glad tidings!  :)

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming . . .  CMSF2, R2V, and patch v4.01!  Great news indeed.

Cheers Steve.....My money is yours!

This is going to be a powerful, powerful game.....I can't wait to see what can be done with it.  B)

Will it be possible to have an install of CM:SF II alongside my old CM:SF install on the same drive?

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Will it be possible to have an install of CM:SF II alongside my old CM:SF install on the same drive?

Yep thing to know. CMSF2 follows the same folder rules as CMBS etal   CMSF as you already know does not so they won’t be sharing a documents folder for scenarios, saves etc. 

Edited by sburke

1 hour ago, sburke said:

Yep thing to know. CMSF2 follows the same folder rules as CMBS etal   CMSF as you already know does not so they won’t be sharing a documents folder for scenarios, saves etc. 

Makes perfect sense now that I think about it, my day is getting better & better.....Cheers fella!  B)

1 hour ago, MANoWAR.U51 said:

35 are alright

Bargain IMHO.....Can't wait to hand my money over TBH.  :D

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

$35!!!  What a ripoff, er I mean excellent!  Really looking forward to playing those old scenarios with the new engine.  Once the rough edges(*) were sanded down CMSF was a good game, the latest engine improvements will make it even better.  

(*) - I still have nightmares of playing without the blue bar of contentment...

8 hours ago, Badger73 said:

I did not know that.  Bless you, my son, for such welcome glad tidings!  :)

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming . . .  CMSF2, R2V, and patch v4.01!  Great news indeed.

Funny... I put NormalDude onto The Expanse (somehow he had missed it) a little while ago, then after finishing it he heard before I did that Netflix cancelled it (WHAT?!?!).  The he quite nicely told me that Amazon picked it up (yippie!).

Steve

35 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Funny... I put NormalDude onto The Expanse (somehow he had missed it) a little while ago, then after finishing it he heard before I did that Netflix cancelled it (WHAT?!?!).  The he quite nicely told me that Amazon picked it up (yippie!).

Steve

Have you read the books? I've just finished the second one and they've both been amazing. I only saw the 1st episode of season 1 because I heard that the 1st season kind of overlaps multiple books. I'm the kind of person that likes to read the books first.