encouragement !

For more than a year, I joined this community after the acquisition of the complete CMBN game.
and I confirm that one of my childhood dreams has been fulfilled
The thread on the patch is stiff.
Criticism can be constructive but can also be morally destructive for a team
Also I wanted to tell you that I thank you for your wonderful work

Didn't sound like he attacked anybody to me. Sounds like he is trying to bring some positivity to the table in the midst of all the negativity that's been posted lately. But apparently you aren't gonna let the rotten b****** get away with it.

Mord.

Nobody cares about your bloviations, Carl, so maybe just STFU for a while.  I own all the games and all the modules and am up-to-date on all CMx2 titles, including CMSF and CMA.  And like the poor, apparently misguided, Falaise, I love them all and appreciate the work BFC puts into making certain I have the best tactical level computer wargaming experience possible.  I also know two things you apparently don't: deferred gratification (infants and immature types don't know what the hell that is);  and stamping bugs out whenever changes are being worked on under the hood is tedious and takes a whole **** of a lot of time. Maybe someday, when you grow up, you too can learn these concepts. 

28 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Nobody cares about your bloviations, Carl, so maybe just STFU for a while.  I own all the games and all the modules and am up-to-date on all CMx2 titles, including CMSF and CMA.  And like the poor, apparently misguided, Falaise, I love them all and appreciate the work BFC puts into making certain I have the best tactical level computer wargaming experience possible.  I also know two things you apparently don't: deferred gratification (infants and immature types don't know what the hell that is);  and stamping bugs out whenever changes are being worked on under the hood is tedious and takes a whole **** of a lot of time. Maybe someday, when you grow up, you too can learn these concepts. 

well said.

6 minutes ago, CarlWAW said:

So everything is flourishing around CM, the community grows with each day and problems are patched as fast as they are discovered...

What an echo chamber. :D

Maybe, just maybe when most other people don’t share your opinion.......now don’t react right away, just let it sink in a bit...... maybe you are just wrong.  Or at least things aren’t as dire as you’d like to make them appear.  

5 hours ago, Falaise said:

For more than a year, I joined this community after the acquisition of the complete CMBN game.
and I confirm that one of my childhood dreams has been fulfilled
The thread on the patch is stiff.
Criticism can be constructive but can also be morally destructive for a team
Also I wanted to tell you that I thank you for your wonderful work

Don’t sweat worrying about BF. That isn’t the first thread like that, it won’t be the last. Because....... BF is fine and is gonna be around for quite a bit yet.  Hell I think Charles doesn’t even bother with the forum. Assuming he really exists, he is too busy creating.

4 hours ago, CarlWAW said:

So everything is flourishing around CM, the community grows with each day and problems are patched as fast as they are discovered...

I have never seen someone build a strawman and then rape it. Until now.

4 hours ago, CarlWAW said:

I am surprised you didn't choke on the irony.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

6 hours ago, Dynaman216 said:

Threads like this one are exhibit A on why these forums have a bad reputation on other computer wargame forums.  

Personally, I agree with some of what Carl has to say, but his delivery and demeanor suck. The good points he might make get buried by his attitude and combative nature. He's rude and obnoxious when there is no need to be and this thread is a perfect example. There's a fairly defined demilitarized zone between rabid fanboy and bitter troll and an objective thoughtful person can usually navigate it without setting off the landmines. Unfortunately, Carl tends to break dance his way through...in clown shoes...on a pogo stick.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

17 hours ago, CarlWAW said:

You really don't get it, do you?  People aren't calling you out because you support critical thought, but because you are incapable of it yourself.  Name calling, abusive comments, snarky passive/aggressive comments are not indicative of critical thought.  They're indicative of a personality disorder, often times referred to as a waste orifice.  If you want to impress people in a positive way, my 2 cents is to figure out the difference between being a critic and being an orifice.

And with that said, I'm locking this thread and will post a much, much, much needed update sometime tonight.

Steve