AT gun crew seperates from the gun/gunner (bug)

X5XDdzX.jpg

This is from a FB H2H game with latest engine. I was in the process of deploying an AT gun on the edge of a forest. They had moved along for a while to find a good spot to set up. I then noticed (too late) that the gunner with the gun has started moving in an entirely different direction and is hopelessly in the wrong position. As the crew can only move "normal" it will be difficult to rejoint the gun, if even possible. I have seen this from time to time. I have a save if anyone wants to have a look at it.

I will take a look if I have all the saves from when the gun/gunner was with the rest of the crew and until seperating. One thought: infantry has a tendency to traverse terrain that offers the least effort if possible. Does the engine calculate this for each unit or for each soldier in the unit? Since the one with the gun has heavy equipment he might be more likely to use "easier" terrain and thereby start to deviate from the rest of the group until the cohesion of the unit breaks.

54 minutes ago, rocketman said:

I will take a look if I have all the saves from when the gun/gunner was with the rest of the crew and until seperating. One thought: infantry has a tendency to traverse terrain that offers the least effort if possible. Does the engine calculate this for each unit or for each soldier in the unit? Since the one with the gun has heavy equipment he might be more likely to use "easier" terrain and thereby start to deviate from the rest of the group until the cohesion of the unit breaks.

Was wondering that too, infantry do seem to be done for each soldier though as am sure I've seen soldiers take different routes to their section mates.

I was wondering how the waypoint was put there. Was it created or moved into position and whether that terrains passable? Was wondering whether maybe the terrains impassable to guns and the waypoint was dragged onto there circumventing that limitation, and so the crew could walk through to the position but the guns trying to take some strange route to try get there.

The screenshot is taken a couple of turns after the bug "got activated". Previous turns I plotted one or two action square normal move commands through light woods with patches of clear terrain to set up somewhere along the treeline without being spotted from afar.

Update: As it last was the gun/gunner was moving in the opposite direction of the rest of the crew. I though I would try to make them all mount a truck situated inbetween them.

@Vanir Ausf B I have updated the dopbox link I sent with this save file. As the turn starts you can see that the rest of the crew follows the new command toward the truck, but also that the gun/gunner immediately reverses direction and also moves toward the truck. They will probably be there in 5-6 turns. I wonder if they will fuse into a working unit again after mounting the truck. Never been able to do that before with this behaviour.

Update: before the intended mounting of the truck, the gunner/gun and the rest of the crew was close to each other and I was in a situation in the scenario where I needed it. So instead of trying to mount I tried "deploy" and it seemed to have worked as they now look like a cohesive group. Let's hope they will fire when a target appears. From what I have noticed is that crewmembers that get seperated can be united again.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: despite that the unit looks like it is united, deployed and ready to fire it doesn't. So something is still broken even though everything looks ok. The crew chatters about "a tank ahead", they have a clear line of sight and neither armor cover arc or direct fire command makes them take action.