Infantry "pop smoke" bug?

Over the years I have had some instances of giving the pop smoke command, after making sure that a "face" command was given first, when the smoke ends up in another direction. Previously I have thought that I forgot the "face" command but yesterday when playing Black Sea I noticed that the team given the command was moving around some to align to the "face" command. And as they were doing so the guy with the smoke grenade was facing in the other direction and threw the grenade in the wrong way. So either a bug that executes the pop smoke command too early or when "enough" men in the team/squad faces in the "face" direction or you really should make sure that everybody faces in the intended direction before giving the command which might delay it a turn or so.

Anyone else seeing this?

Yes, I see it quite often. (Generally, my combat doctrine includes: "If anyone of my teams/HQs have any smoke grenades left at the end of the battle, I did something wrong.") I try to wait until the unit is oriented correctly before "throwing", but sometimes it can't wait, so it's a matter of trusting to luck.

@c3k : no save from the command phase with the pop smoke/face commands. I'm trying to replicate it but no luck so far. What I did manage to conclude was that the leader of the team is the one throwing the smoke grenade and I suppose that if he is not aligned with the face direction when the pop smoke command kicks in, he will throw it in the direction of his current facing, i.e. not in the face command direction. I will try a few more times and see if I can produce a command phase save.

6 minutes ago, rocketman said:

@c3k : no save from the command phase with the pop smoke/face commands. I'm trying to replicate it but no luck so far. What I did manage to conclude was that the leader of the team is the one throwing the smoke grenade and I suppose that if he is not aligned with the face direction when the pop smoke command kicks in, he will throw it in the direction of his current facing, i.e. not in the face command direction. I will try a few more times and see if I can produce a command phase save.

Great.

I'm looking at some other stuff at the moment. Shhhhh.

If you can find an example, that'd be a time saver. Otherwise, I'll look for it, too. Even if it is verified and an sample is saved and submitted, that's not a guarantee that it'll get fixed.

I have found popping smoke problematic as well lately.  Sorry, no saves but was playing CMFB recently when I noticed it most.  The most annoying situation was when the team ran away and then popped smoke in a completely useless fashion at their final location :o  Needless to say, the concealment intended for their squad mates didn't appear and the enemy's machine-guns had a field day at my expense <_<

• 3 weeks later...