BMP-1 Sand Coloring

Would there be any interest in this quick reskin I made? Noticed there was no reskin of the BMP-1 after getting sand colored reskins for both the T-72 and BMP-2. 

It's not the best quality (I'm rubbish with photoshop) and I may still make a few tweaks to it before I'm comfortable with a finished product. Just trying to gauge interest, and see if anyone has any pointers (technical ones, not just 'weather it') on how to improve it. 

neGZQwv.jpg

8 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Very much so fella, if you had a matching T-72M1 you would make my day.  B)

There already is a sand colored T-72M1 (and all other variants of the T-72 to include the T-90) Here is a link to the mod on the repository: http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=430

Here is the T-72M1 specifically, shown with my BMP-1 model next to it:

UfScvbl.jpg

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

That's impressive. That is a vehicle that does NOT cooperate with you on recoloring. It puts up a fight. I'm impressed.

Thanks for the kind words! I believe it is your reskin of the BMP-2 that I have, and am very much a fan of.

From me?

I have no link, because I don't recall such thing, too.

My hope comes from the screenshots of the veicles and his statement of the great amount of work for the soldier models here:

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/126136-naughty-or-nice-heres-some-bones/

So I hope, that the vehicle-models are ok and have been reused...thats all ;)!

Greetings, alex

I asked this specific question when CMSF2 was announced as that was a big concern.  Am certain that we were told that CMSF mods and scenarios will work in CMSF2.

Combat Mission Shock Force 2

From the dev, steve, posted 12/10/17

Now let's see, is there anything else to talk about?  Well, there is the Alpha of Combat Mission Shock Force 2 we uploaded for testers yesterday.  I suppose a few of you might be interested in it, so I'll take some time to do that.

Existing CMSF content compatibility?
Yes, the long awaited conversion of CMSF (pre Engine 1) to Engine 4 is well under way.  It's been in the works for more than a year already and, as expected, hasn't been quick or easy to do.  Pretty much all the artwork has been overhauled, the TO&E had to be rebuilt VERY carefully, and lots of internal data was reconfigured to work with formats which have changed multiple times over the years.  Most importantly, Charles had to delicately code Engine 4 to understand the old scenario file format so everything that was made for CMSF1 works without modification in CMSF2.  Thankfully Charles figured out how to make that happen, otherwise we'd not be having this discussion right now.  Continuity with previous content was a deal maker/breaker feature.

Now that testers have the Alpha in hand they can start the lengthy process of going over all the original CMSF content to make sure it works with Engine 4.  Then they will work on playtesting to ensure advances in the game environment haven't upset the balance of play.  No doubt most scenarios will require quite a bit of tweaking.

Current conflict?
When all is said and done CMSF2 will look and feel like all the other CM2 games, except with the unique CM2 content.  The game content, in case you are wondering, will not be updated to reflect the civil war that erupted in Syria after CMSF1's release.  We also have no plans, immediate or long term, to expand CMSF2 to other potential arid environments.

When?
OK, so when can you get a hold of it?  Not until early 2018, which will include the Base Game and all three Modules at one time.  When can you see something from CMSF2?  Way sooner than that.  We just have to, uhm, finish rounding off some rough corners first.

Price?
You will also want to know that Battlefront appreciates the support and dedication of CMSF customers over the past 10 years.  Especially in the first year when we all worked together to make the game engine solid enough to expand upon.  Since nothing shows appreciation better than discounts, we're offering discounts :D  The specifics will be announced as we get closer to release, but for sure it will be far less than theoretical $165 it normally costs to purchase a brand new Base Game ($60) and three $35 Modules. Though I do know for sure the discount price will be a bit more than a $10 Upgrade ;)

There you go... I've officially broken in the new Forum!

Steve

Posted October 12, 2017

Mods will likely need retouching, but theoretically they should work.  Perhaps even "as is".  For scenarios and campaigns, however, they will work without doing anything special.  That was a deal maker/breaker concept for us.  If we couldn't work it so the old stuff worked, we'd not be doing CMSF2.

Steve

Edited by Erwin

I can shed a little light on this. First off as a disclaimer, please note that I have no "insider" knowledge on the development of CMSF2.

That being said, the model artwork for both the BMP-1 and BMP-2 in CMSF are exactly the same in CMBS. There is additional artwork in CMBS such as the BMP-2M and some other variants of the BMP seein in BS that is not seen in SF, but the base model vehicles have the same textures. 

This means that when CMSF2 comes out this mod and other vehicle texture mods should work with it out of the box. 

That being said, if for whatever strange reason the texture files have been altered for CMSF2 (which I highly doubt) making the mod compatible should be relatively easy to do.