Squads breaking cover for no reason?

• 2 weeks later...

Green and Regular troops do It, the Italians if you spit in their direction do it, seems most are doing it - so not everyone is cut out to be John Wanye ya know.

He who shoots first runs last that is the rule of the game and anytime the sky falls (chicken little) all bets are off.

Haven't play any CMRT yet bet the Russians\commissars are prob doing it as well.

Need to run tests on crack/veteran troops and see how they react then we can actually tell if it's a general problem or a morale and experience problem.

I know I'm not playing games with green, reg, Italians, & Russians maybe(haven't tested).

3 hours ago, Daroc said:

Green and Regular troops do It, the Italians if you spit in their direction do it, seems most are doing it - so not everyone is cut out to be John Wanye ya know.

He who shoots first runs last that is the rule of the game and anytime the sky falls (chicken little) all bets are off.

Haven't play any CMRT yet bet the Russians\commissars are prob doing it as well.

Need to run tests on crack/veteran troops and see how they react then we can actually tell if it's a general problem or a morale and experience problem.

I know I'm not playing games with green, reg, Italians, & Russians maybe(haven't tested).

Gonna go ahead and post this video again, because apparently people do not read most of the forums. 

The issue is well documented, occurs regardless of veterancy/motivation/leadership, and happens consistently. 

There is supposedly a patch being worked on, though it is unknown if it'll see the light of day. 

10 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

Gonna go ahead and post this video again, because apparently people do not read most of the forums. 

The issue is well documented, occurs regardless of veterancy/motivation/leadership, and happens consistently. 

There is supposedly a patch being worked on, though it is unknown if it'll see the light of day. 

Missed the prior posts

• 2 weeks later...

My therapist explain this problem for me at my last session after having experienced this pixeltruppen behavior while playing a Battle for Normandy scenario in Combat Mission v 4.0.

The fight-or-flight response (also called hyperarousal, or the acute stress response) is a physiological reaction that occurs in response to a perceived  harmful event, attach, or threat to survival. This response is recognized as the first stage of the "general adaptation syndrome" that regulates stress responses among pixeltruppen.

From that session I derived that a fix may or may not be to my liking. Ahhh Combat Mission is a lot like go to therapy, there probably will never be a real fix and I will just keep coming back for more. B)

Be happy that this game even exist and just play on. Life is too short and this is not a dress rehearsal.;)

11 hours ago, Gafford said:

The fight-or-flight response (also called hyperarousal, or the acute stress response) is a physiological reaction that occurs in response to a perceived  harmful event, attach, or threat to survival. This response is recognized as the first stage of the "general adaptation syndrome" that regulates stress responses among pixeltruppen.

I'm not entirely sure if you're joking here or not, but I'm going to assume you aren't. 

Simply put, the "fight or flight" response doesn't apply the same way to combat as it does to other threatening situations one might find themselves in. "Fight or flight" primarily relates to a threat from something other than ones own species. So for example, if one is walking down a dirt road and a tiger jumps out at them ready to attack. This is where fight or flight kicks in. Against other humans  however, there are more responses than just "fight or run away."

There is a lot more to this subject which I frankly can't spend the next hour typing away about, but there are hundreds of anecdotal, experimental, first and third hand accounts of fight or flight NOT applying to combat. Pretty much any attack in the face of a determined defense in any era of warfare is a good example of this being the case. 

Yes, one would think that the primal response is similar to that when crossing a street and the light changes abruptly: get out of the way of speeding metal at once!

Primarily, get low and put something solid between you and it, right **now**,  not after first dashing 30 meters across beaten ground. If the enemy is tossing grenades into your hole, well perhaps that's a different calculation.