3 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Great work Mord, I love the seasonal backgrounds, a very clever idea.

Thanks. Believe it or not they are some of the hardest parts of doing the mod. I had a helluva time trying to get something in the background that you could see. They get about 30% of a 51x57 pixels to try and convey what they are. I gave up on having any kind of foliage in the winter version. After two hours of messing with it, I said screw it!

Mord.

@Burke, Vergel, 3j2, and Erwin. Have fun with them. Hope you guys enjoy.

2 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Just installed them. They are superb, Mord. Such details really make the difference for me. One happy dutchman!

Thank, man. Notice the 34th? It's in there.

Mord.

BTW you guys can add the winter background portraits along with the autumn ones (if you use those backgrounds), in the mod folder if you tag them. They won't over write each other. And the winter backgrounds will only show up if there is snow on the ground. Just rename them like this: "portrait german armor [snow]" etc. no quotes. I would've done it but I was afraid of making the file names too long what with the divisions and numbers plus the tag. I had a few problems with that in the old CW portraits for CMFI and BN...exceeding the character limit.

Edited by Mord

43 minutes ago, Mord said:

@Burke, Vergel, 3j2, and Erwin. Have fun with them. Hope you guys enjoy.

Thank, man. Notice the 34th? It's in there.

Mord.

BTW you guys can add the winter background portraits along with the autumn ones (if you use those backgrounds), in the mod folder if you tag them. They won't over write each other. And the winter backgrounds will only show up if there is snow on the ground. Just rename them like this: "portrait german armor [snow]" etc. no quotes. I would've done it but I was afraid of making the file names too long what with the divisions and numbers plus the tag. I had a few problems with that in the old CW portraits for CMFI and BN...exceeding the character limit.

Don t think you are already finish wiht us...dont forget CMSF2, Rome to Victory and much more...we got you and we keep you now...thank for this beautiful and detailed job...:D

Edited by 3j2m7

HA! Well, actually the Rome mod already exists, all the portraits are in the Gustav mod. They just need to be renamed. DC was very thorough in his research and notes so we already covered what's coming many years ago. I think we even have the Brazilians in there!

As far as CMSF2, I have had an order for those portraits since December, from someone who shall remain unnamed. He wears a stinky hat, though.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

2 hours ago, Mord said:

Thanks. Believe it or not they are some of the hardest parts of doing the mod. I had a helluva time trying to get something in the background that you could see. They get about 30% of a 51x57 pixels to try and convey what they are. I gave up on having any kind of foliage in the winter version. After two hours of messing with it, I said screw it!

The seasonal backgrounds are a very nice touch, but having looked over the portraits I think the plain backgrounds are more than enough. 

This is another fantastic addition to any CM mod collection. The level of immersion alone this provides makes this worth having. Also, in my humble opinion I believe these portraits to be your best portrait work yet. Everything is so crisp and well defined, especially all of the faces you chose. It really does look fantastic.

Thanks for another amazing mod Mord!

1 hour ago, Mord said:

HA! Well, actually the Rome mod already exists, all the portraits are in the Gustav mod. They just need to be renamed. DC was very thorough in his research and notes so we already covered what's coming many years ago. I think we even have the Brazilians in there!

As far as CMSF2, I have had an order for those portraits since December, from someone who shall remain unnamed. He wears a stinky hat, though.

And the biggest project of them all: the module for CMRT!

Btw, very enjoyable to play the Peiper Campaign with the Dietrich insignia of the Leibstandarte. You really made my day, Mord.

3 hours ago, Mord said:

Mord.

Stylish and stinky. Like good cheese

i am not slacking off. Welll not as much as I’d like anyway.  Just want to be sure where we are on CMSF2 so you aren’t doing anything unnecessary. 

3 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

The seasonal backgrounds are a very nice touch, but having looked over the portraits I think the plain backgrounds are more than enough.

Which do you consider the plain backgrounds? The ones with the division patches?

3 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

This is another fantastic addition to any CM mod collection. The level of immersion alone this provides makes this worth having. Also, in my humble opinion I believe these portraits to be your best portrait work yet. Everything is so crisp and well defined, especially all of the faces you chose. It really does look fantastic.

Thanks very much. I appreciate that.

I think with each rendition I've gotten a little better. My eye sharpens, I refine the process, and get a tad closer to that elusive perfection that always escapes me. I think what you are seeing with the faces has come from my shrinking them even more this time. You get more face, yet on a smaller scale, but for some reason it makes the details stand out. If that makes sense?

I only made two new faces for this one. I try not to recycle but the face making process can take hours sometimes, and end up producing nothing. The disheartening thing is that the face can look awesome until shrunk down and put into the 51x57 frame. I'd kill to have them extend the portrait area by 50%. So I'll cannibalize ones I like the most from other portrait mods if need be. These here are 98% from the CMBN mod which didn't bother me 'cause I figure this is just an extension pushed into fall and winter.

3 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Btw, very enjoyable to play the Peiper Campaign with the Dietrich insignia of the Leibstandarte. You really made my day, Mord.

That's why I do these mods. The historical insignia makes the game that much more immersive. It's really cool pitting divisions against each other in game and seeing the actual insignia.

@Ben and Splinty: Thanks much, guys. I am happy you like them.

1 hour ago, sburke said:

Just want to be sure where we are on CMSF2 so you aren’t doing anything unnecessary. 

No worries, it'll be much easier for me to do them when SF2 is out than trying to work them through the old game. I am gonna have to design brand new heads for them and the old models won't do. So, waiting is fine.

Mord.

Edited by Mord