The patch?

2 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

Not entirely sure if you're joking, so I'll just assume you are. Apologies, currently running low on sarcasm. 

I can help you here...I´m wanting to see some kind of progress with this game as much as you want, however we all have learned that TIME has a special meaning to this company. Maybe we just need to be patient and check back 2020 if there will be some kind of patch released.

13 hours ago, DesertFox said:

I can help you here...I´m wanting to see some kind of progress with this game as much as you want, however we all have learned that TIME has a special meaning to this company. Maybe we just need to be patient and check back 2020 if there will be some kind of patch released.

Special meaning? Check back in 2020. Go right a head - see ya in a few years :D

*Quality* has a special place in this company. They like to make sure things are right. And before you ramp up the sarcasm that includes fixing their own mistakes. What would the point in throwing a "fix" out there for you to test?

On 3/20/2018 at 10:55 AM, Aragorn2002 said:

They 'ran' with the rest of the world on their heels, so a little respect for these exceptional soldiers would be appropriate. I know you're just kidding, but still.

Only stopping along the way to commit as many warcrimes as they could. Mad respect over here.

Anyway, it took Battlefront 3 versions to add a toggle for music independent of the sound toggle. 1+ years to correct a real bug is in the correct ballpark.

Steve addressed Phil's departure a while back. IIRC, he said Phil received a "dream job" offer and left with everyone at BF wishing him well. I was fortunate to meet both Phil and Chris at the CMBN bay area preview. I can see why BF wanted them in the fold as both were exceptionally passionate and knowledgeable about CM. Happy Trails to both, I hope they are doing well wherever they are these days.

• 4 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, JoMc67 said:

...The Second Time around :-)

I take it you have never had to correct anything or worked on something complex enough to have unintended consequences.  Must be nice.  Me, I screw stuff up all the time and try to do my home improvement projects with an eye toward making corrections easy cause I know I am gonna make mistakes,  :P hey wait a minute, wonder if that has anything to do with my wife expressing concerns about my projects . . . .  Nahh that couldn’t possibly be related. 

1 hour ago, Miller786 said:

i would sure love to hear the progress they've made in these months

Well Steve’s tan has improved greatly and Charle’s jar gets a special onsen water treatment every afternoon ...oh wait you thought they were working. Hell no, they have been spending their millions in ill gotten gains partying at various destinations around the globe. I hear they are considering returning soon though. They have been kicked out of nearly every bar in a dozen vacation spots and need some time for the owners to forget them. 

8 minutes ago, sburke said:

Well Steve’s tan has improved greatly and Charle’s jar gets a special onsen water treatment every afternoon ...oh wait you thought they were working. Hell no, they have been spending their millions in ill gotten gains partying at various destinations around the globe. I hear they are considering returning soon though. They have been kicked out of nearly every bar in a dozen vacation spots and need some time for the owners to forget them. 

Did you have this joke in mind for a while just waiting for the right occasion to use it or did you just come up with it on the spot?

3 minutes ago, Miller786 said:

Did you have this joke in mind for a while just waiting for the right occasion to use it or did you just come up with it on the spot?

Let me say this in sburke's defense... (crickets)

Hmm.

FWIW, from my perspective, I'd love to say something about behind the scenes stuff, but I'm not allowed to do so. It's up to Steve. It's frustrating to see/work/know what's going on, but be prohibited (for good reasons) for posting about it with the other aficionados of our shared passion. 

If it helps, Steve is very aware of the pleas for more information.

I did that once.  Took me 3 days of heavy drinking to recover.  I swore it off.  Mirrors I mean.   As Kilgore Trout would say "Don't get too near that leak. You wouldn't want to wind up in the other universe, would you?"

in all seriousness, as c3k said.. wait a minute serious and c3k in the same sentence?

at any rate, unless Steve pops up there is not much to be said. 

Edited by sburke

Let's see How should I use my time today?

1. Work on Scenarios, and QB Maps while beta testing multiple titles,

2. Read Forum threads written by players wondering 'what's going on, why the delays', OR 'don't you guys understand business or customer service'.

3. Take a Nap.

Gosh, I just can't make up my mind...Why not help me choose.

21 minutes ago, MarkEzra said:

2. Read Forum threads written by players wondering 'what's going on, why the delays', OR 'don't you guys understand business or customer service'.

3. Take a Nap.

33 minutes ago, MarkEzra said:

3. Take a Nap.

How about some scenario and beta testing work followed by 20 minutes of napping and then back to working on some more amazing QB maps? Please?