The patch?

9 minutes ago, slysniper said:

To make you all feel good, I set up a QB and played the Brits just so I could feel the pain.

And painful it was, so I can see why you all have reason to complain about the patch that has never appeared.

So why it really has not bothered me since 4.0 came out is likely the event that I have not played the British much since the change

May I ask what you have been playing? I'm itching to pick up a scenario or long campaign (have all CMx2 content available), but especially the troop running from artillery issue makes me hesitant. When I play a CM game, i always try to go full retard and spend time reading briefing and observing the terrain. Knowing that AI troops will run from their position under artillery feels like cheating. I want to play the CMFB german campaign another time (just played some scenario's during testing), or the CMBN scenario pack brit pack, but want a genuine experience. 
You didn't notice the issue while playing? I just played a little with 4.0 but this issue became quite obvious in a CMBS game I played. 
The good thing for me is that I have the patience to wait for the patch. It will come when it will come, not too far in the distance so I might as well wait. :)

campaigns is about the last thing I play, which is the most likely thing to have plenty of Arty and large scale stuff on top of it.

H2h play is most of my gaming, seldom is arty a major part of them. second, if my opponent is trying to hit me with arty. In most situations my goal is to bug out and let the arty rain on where my troops were, not where they are at.

but as for this QB, I was trying to see how noticeable the bren issue was. So I did a infantry only battle with only light weapons and placed on a map that I have to move the Brits through open terrain. It has not stopped me, but I can see that I have no way of pinning any unit at range because the brits lack any long range weapons that will put lead on target at the moment except for maybe their MMG.

But again, normally, I am not going to use Brens as the weapon for such a task, in most battles, you have much better weapons for engaging the enemy at range with while you move your infantry up to assault and clear out enemy resistance at close quarters.

But if you are a fan of the Brits, its been a long time for you guys to have to deal with such a flaw.

17 minutes ago, slysniper said:

campaigns is about the last thing I play, which is the most likely thing to have plenty of Arty and large scale stuff on top of it.

H2h play is most of my gaming, seldom is arty a major part of them. second, if my opponent is trying to hit me with arty. In most situations my goal is to bug out and let the arty rain on where my troops were, not where they are at.

but as for this QB, I was trying to see how noticeable the bren issue was. So I did a infantry only battle with only light weapons and placed on a map that I have to move the Brits through open terrain. It has not stopped me, but I can see that I have no way of pinning any unit at range because the brits lack any long range weapons that will put lead on target at the moment except for maybe their MMG.

But again, normally, I am not going to use Brens as the weapon for such a task, in most battles, you have much better weapons for engaging the enemy at range with while you move your infantry up to assault and clear out enemy resistance at close quarters.

But if you are a fan of the Brits, its been a long time for you guys to have to deal with such a flaw.

Thanks for the answer. Actually I also consider PBEM most interesting, but RL prevents me finishing those. Fortunately I get to enjoy SP campaigns and scenario's too :)  
Maybe i'll try some QBs or a scen without too much arty before the patch comes. Good weekend.

10 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

I just bought CMFB and want to play the Peiper campaign. But I'm a bit worried it will be too easy with the artillery bug...

It's not. At least not for me ;)

Good for you to have a new game on your hands. I'm starting to long for something new. Soon...

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, slysniper said:

if one thing is consistent with this site, its the announcement that something is coming out soon and it seems to come out way later than what everyone is hoping for.

I think that goes for the whole gaming industry actually :)

But yeah, I think that losing their main (?) programmer was a way bigger blow to their business than they will admit.

On ‎20‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 4:32 AM, IICptMillerII said:

@Kuderian @slysniper

If you watch this video and still think there is absolutely no problem, you're either high, delusional, or both. 

The fact is, there IS an issue, and Steve has already acknowledged it and said there will be a patch that addresses it. Again to reiterate what I've already said, I would like it if the patch was out sooner rather than later, but I'm not all butthurt that it hasn't been released yet. 

Those Fritzens are on the run as it should be historically. That´s how they lost the war after all. Weren´t able to hold one single "Fester Platz" as Uncle Addy told them to do numerous times. Sorry bunch of aryan loosers they are. Give em hell!

33 minutes ago, DesertFox said:

Those Fritzens are on the run as it should be historically. That´s how they lost the war after all. Weren´t able to hold one single "Fester Platz" as Uncle Addy told them to do numerous times. Sorry bunch of aryan loosers they are. Give em hell!

04R9SuH.png

1 hour ago, DesertFox said:

They 'ran' with the rest of the world on their heels, so a little respect for these exceptional soldiers would be appropriate. I know you're just kidding, but still.

7 hours ago, DesertFox said:

Not entirely sure if you're joking, so I'll just assume you are. Apologies, currently running low on sarcasm. 

5 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

They 'ran' with the rest of the world on their heels, so a little respect for these exceptional soldiers would be appropriate. I know you're just kidding, but still.

Aaaaaand this would be why I'm dangerously low on sarcasm. 

I'm not going to waste time rebutting this as I've learned better than to scream at a mud wall. However I will say this; please do not derail this thread with comments such as this. If it continues I'll just be reporting it, and the BFC admins will then see it for what it is and choose and appropriate action. Hopefully they will not be forced to lock the thread, as I think it is an important resource concerning the patch and the bug the patch will address. 

16 minutes ago, Gamma said:

Did they lose Phillip Culliton? 

He isn't lost at least no one has reported him missing.  Seriously any more  you'll have to get Steve's answer.  Not trying to be secretive, I think Steve may even have discussed here I just don't feel it is my place to talk about BF internals. (and I am too lazy to search to see what Steve might have already said ;) ).

7 minutes ago, sburke said:

He isn't lost at least no one has reported him missing. 

He may not be 'lost'...but is he still with the Company ?

A while back (maybe a year...i don't quite recall) It was mentioned that Phil had left the Company to start working on other things...

As far as i remember it was an official annoncement (maybe not from Steve himself)...and was discussed quite a bit as i recall.

Just now, RepsolCBR said:

He may not be 'lost'...but is he still with the Company ?

Seriously any more  you'll have to get Steve's answer.  Not trying to be secretive, I think Steve may even have discussed here I just don't feel it is my place to talk about BF internals. (and I am too lazy to search to see what Steve might have already said ;) ).

Just now, sburke said:

Seriously any more  you'll have to get Steve's answer.  Not trying to be secretive, I think Steve may even have discussed here I just don't feel it is my place to talk about BF internals. (and I am too lazy to search to see what Steve might have already said ;) ).

Ok...That is cool...

It's just that we are eager for some NEWs...as always ;)

It's been a while now...