False positives on notifications

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, John Kettler said:

This problem continues. In fact, I got one just today! If I'm getting them, it's hard to believe others are not.

Regards,

John Kettler

John, I just sent you a message.  Did you get the notification and were you able to read it?

The number above the bell is when you are tagged in a post, quoted or receive an up vote.

The number above the mail icon is for a message.  You should have retrieved one of each  just now from me quoting your post and sending you a message.

Click on the bell and mail icon.  A drop down menu will appear with the notifications and messages.  

18 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

I get notifications when it is actually only my own post that has been added to a thread. I get other kinds of false or unnecessary notifications as well. The forum software could use a few tweaks.

Michael

It might be your settings.  If you have it set to follow threads you post in it will notify you whenever there is a post in said thread.............. I think.   I would take a look at how you have your settings/notifications.